Signed Papers Today - Mine Monday

Took a quick peek at new car today - Can't wait now for Monday to come around .

Great looking car...hang on a minute....That's my car....well it looks like mine, but you have an enormous petrol lump in the front. I have a 170CR DSG Elegance estate on order, in the same colour combo, including pano roof, park assist, and another 10 options. Lucky you. Due to engine & box choice I've been waiting since June and still don't have a definite date. Enjoy!!!

I have a 170CR DSG Elegance estate on order, in the same colour combo, including pano roof, park assist, and another 10 options. Lucky you. Due to engine & box choice I've been waiting since June and still don't have a definite date. Enjoy!!!

I hope it's not the engine and gearbox combination that's holding your car up. I ordered an Elegance hatch 170CR DSG earlier this month, and I've been quoted April delivery.

I hope it's not the engine and gearbox combination that's holding your car up. I ordered an Elegance hatch 170CR DSG earlier this month, and I've been quoted April delivery.

I think I'm also a victim of Skoda UK's mysterious ordering and quota system. I don't want it yet anyway...not in winter. Early spring delivery will be fine for me with a 12 plate reg...some time in March will be fine to get a few miles on it before bunging the caravan on the back at Easter. I already have a buyer for my current car and they can wait so I'm pretty much sorted. Just got to wait...and wait...and wait. I was told the reason for the delay was worldwide demand for the engine but who knows???

Edited by smf1007

Great looking car...hang on a minute....That's my car....well it looks like mine, but you have an enormous petrol lump in the front. I have a 170CR DSG Elegance estate on order, in the same colour combo, including pano roof, park assist, and another 10 options. Lucky you. Due to engine & box choice I've been waiting since June and still don't have a definite date. Enjoy!!!

The spec:

3.6 V6 4x4 DSG

Metallic Amethyst

Oynx Leather

Panoramic Sun Roof

Kessy

Front Parking Sensors

Upgraded Sound System

Heated Front Windscreen

Multi Device Interface

Auto Level Boot Floor

Hill Hold Control

Space Saver Spare Wheel

Auto Dim Rear View Mirror

Heated Washer Nozzles

The spec:

3.6 V6 4x4 DSG

Metallic Amethyst

Oynx Leather

Panoramic Sun Roof

Kessy

Front Parking Sensors

Upgraded Sound System

Heated Front Windscreen

Multi Device Interface

Auto Level Boot Floor

Hill Hold Control

Space Saver Spare Wheel

Heated Washer Nozzles

ONYX!!!? That looks like ivory! Must be a trick of the light?

My spec on a 170 DSG Elegance estate is...

Amethyst & Ivory

Sunset glass

Park assist

Electric boot door

Auto dim mirror

Mats

Pan sunroof

3 spoke MFSW & paddles

space saver spare

Wood decor

MDI

Hill hold

The spec:

3.6 V6 4x4 DSG

Metallic Amethyst

Oynx Leather

Panoramic Sun Roof

Kessy

Front Parking Sensors

Upgraded Sound System

Heated Front Windscreen

Multi Device Interface

Auto Level Boot Floor

Hill Hold Control

Space Saver Spare Wheel

Heated Washer Nozzles

Any reason you went for Front Parking Sensors, but not the Park Assist? My logic was that if I was paying extra for the front sensors, which I wanted, then the small extra premium for full park assist was worthwhile.

Any reason you went for Front Parking Sensors, but not the Park Assist? My logic was that if I was paying extra for the front sensors, which I wanted, then the small extra premium for full park assist was worthwhile.

Just that I would never use it. Spaces we went past when dealer demoing car with it, I could easily get into - and fear of system kerbing alloys. If I do it, my bad, but if park assist does it I would be furious - so put the money towards heated front screen that I wil use much more often.

Just that I would never use it. Spaces we went past when dealer demoing car with it, I could easily get into - and fear of system kerbing alloys. If I do it, my bad, but if park assist does it I would be furious - so put the money towards heated front screen that I wil use much more often.

I did the exact same thing as you. :)

And on the other hand, it looks better without the sensor holes on the sides ;)

My logic too, and even if I don't use it, then it's another toy that will help sell the car when it's time for a new one.

My logic too, and even if I don't use it, then it's another toy that will help sell the car when it's time for a new one.

Or another thing that can break during the years you have the car, and gets a hazzle when selling it? :p

Or another thing that can break during the years you have the car, and gets a hazzle when selling it? :p

If you really thought that way you would of bought a base model - not one full of options :giggle:

If you really thought that way you would of bought a base model - not one full of options :giggle:

True ;)

But I still dont regret that I didnt buy it with the assistent. Til now, I only regret that I didnt buy the car with kessy :( Tried to change that after I made the order, but by that time the car had been locked in production..

I have just ordered mine with front parking sensors but not park assist.

The dealer told me it takes longer to park with park assist then it would take yourself once you get used to the car.

I have taken the front parking sensors as I could not see then front of the car when I test drove. The money saved buy not getting front park assist I have spent on auto dip read view mirror (which should be standard on elegance).

I'm not interested in saving £145 on a car that's the best part of £31k. It's meaningless. I found out a long time ago that you should buy what you want and not what you think you can afford. The former might make one a little poorer but it's a lot less painful than the disappointment and regret that might follow.

Edited by smf1007

I'm not interested in saving £145 on a car that's the best part of £31k. It's meaningless. I found out a long time ago that you should buy what you want and not what you think you can afford. The former might make one a little poorer but it's a lot less painful than the disappointment and regret that might follow.

My decision was purely based upon "would I use it" and it did not enter my mind financially. I love listening to music whilst driving so fully appreciate and happy to pay for Sound System Upgrade and MDI. I leave my garage in the morning and park in the works car park. Very rarely do I parallel park and when I do the space required by the Park Assist often means I would miss a parking opportunity. The difference in price between front parking sensors and Park Assist is £145 and for me it was better put towards the heated front screen that I believe I will use considerly more going forwards. My car is the exact specification I want and know I have paid a premium for that decision, but why spend more than I need too ?

These were exactly my thoughts when I ordered my car, the only things I did not spec were the options I did not want. :thumbup:

You don't get any more for a car with £2K + worth of options on it, but it will make it more appealing to a buyer than one without the options, ATEOTD I bought the car I wanted with the options that I wanted, not something that I thought would increase it's value come resale time.

These were exactly my thoughts when I ordered my car, the only things I did not spec were the options I did not want. :thumbup:

You don't get any more for a car with £2K + worth of options on it, but it will make it more appealing to a buyer than one without the options, ATEOTD I bought the car I wanted with the options that I wanted, not something that I thought would increase it's value come resale time.

Absolutely...and the only option I really struggled with and eventually left out was the variable boot floor. My current Vectra has a completely flat floor but it's not often that the back seats are down and at the end of the day pure logic got the better of me...I couldn't work out why I would pay more to make the boot smaller. I still actually want a flat floor but justifying it wasn't about the money.

Gizmo68...I may want to come and see you for some VCDS work when I'm on holiday in Kent in the summer. I'm sure I'll want to get the coding changed so the MFD will give me some real-world mpg figures.

Edited by smf1007

Absolutely...and the only option I really struggled with and eventually left out was the variable boot floor. My current Vectra has a completely flat floor but it's not often that the back seats are down and at the end of the day pure logic got the better of me...I couldn't work out why I would pay more to make the boot smaller. I still actually want a flat floor but justifying it wasn't about the money.

Smaller boot or more versatile? :giggle:

I actually use under the variable boot floor for storage, but for me an estate without a flat load level was pointless, so the price of it was just included in the price the car would cost me (using an internet broker also helped as it meant all of the options I chose were basically free)

Gizmo68...I may want to come and see you for some VCDS work when I'm on holiday in Kent in the summer. I'm sure I'll want to get the coding changed so the MFD will give me some real-world mpg figures.

No problem, send me a PM when you know when you would like them done and we will arrange a date.

(make sure you have an accurate record of the true AND indicated MPG figures :thumbup: )

(make sure you have an accurate record of the true AND indicated MPG figures :thumbup: )

Will do...currently using Fuelly so will have to remember to log my indicated mpg for each tank.

cheers Simon

My decision was purely based upon "would I use it" and it did not enter my mind financially. I love listening to music whilst driving so fully appreciate and happy to pay for Sound System Upgrade and MDI. I leave my garage in the morning and park in the works car park. Very rarely do I parallel park and when I do the space required by the Park Assist often means I would miss a parking opportunity. The difference in price between front parking sensors and Park Assist is £145 and for me it was better put towards the heated front screen that I believe I will use considerly more going forwards. My car is the exact specification I want and know I have paid a premium for that decision, but why spend more than I need too ?

Hi!

Totally agree with you here! Your money, your decision! In my case it was offered in a business package together with, some other things, the xenon lights which I was really looking for. Do I use PA? Not really, this is a show off thing to be used with one eye in the mirror sitting on the passenger door. Last time I used it parked perfectly, the time before that I had to abort because of the kerb. Good luck with your new car!

/Superbjoser