Can't get Bolero to read my SD cards!

I picked up a 59 VRS last week and have only been able to get one SD card to work.

I've used two different micro SD cards in an adapter, both of which didn't work. I then used an old 128mb card which works perfectly.

Today I received a sandisk 8gb SDHC card and all I get is "error, cannot read card".

The card is formatted in FAT32 and none of the mp3 files are DRM protected.

Do the older Bolero's have a problem reading SDHC cards at all?

Thanks

with micro SD it´s normal that you have problem.

New Boleroes should have a new FW with support for SDHC up tu 64GB. Try so other cards and you will see otherwise contact dealer

Provided it's in an adaptor to take it upto the SD card size then there shouldn't be a problem, I tried it in my Bolero and it worked with that, then again it only had about 60-70 tracks on it.

Try doing a scan of the card on the PC, you may have a duff card.

I have an old 2gb micro SD in an adaptor in mine for some reason keep forgetting to take it out not tried a micro SDHC in there but have used 32gb class 6 and 10 SDHC cards no dramas

I've never had any card troubles, either with an early Bolero in my previous Octy or a 2010 version in my current card.

What class SDHC card have you tried? I use a Class-6 16GB one which has been in both my Boleros. Formatted for FAT32 and away I went.

If you fancy popping down to the NW meet a week on Sunday, we can try your cards out on mine - and vice versa.

Steve

I used a class 2 8GB micro and class 6 4GB micro, both in an adapter that won't work. Strangely when I put them back in the laptop it does not find them as a removable drive.

The 128mb full sized SD I used was out of an old Sat nav unit, had one album on it and one track in the root directory and works fine.

The one I tried last night was an 8GB class 10 Sandisk extreme. I'm aware of the 2000 track limit but I'm nowhere near that.

I popped into the dealer on Monday and his 2GB card worked fine. Got me a bit baffled really!

Wardy, I might try and pop down to that meet if I can. Though I have a 7 month old Son so free time isn't usually a luxury I have!

This could well be a class compatibility issue. To be clear, the 128Mb card is obviously minuscule by today's standards and won't be SDHC. So usually a standard SD card (not high-capacity) will be more compatible, with the widest range of systems.

Class 10 SDHCs are also known to cause compatibility problems too, because the read/write speeds are often too quick for the controller.

You'd need to see what spec the dealer's 2GB card was. As said, I'd go no higher than a Class-6 personally.

Yeah, come down to the meet if you can make it emoticon-0148-yes.gif

I might be able to source a class 6 or lower from someone. Luckily I can use this class 10 in my DSLR so it won't go to waste.

I'm popping down to the dealer after work to collect some curry hooks so may have another word with the salesman about it.

I used a class 2 8GB micro and class 6 4GB micro, both in an adapter that won't work. Strangely when I put them back in the laptop it does not find them as a removable drive.

Which indicates that either the cards were goosed to start with, or not ejected cleanly from the PC, or the Bolero is corrupting them. I used up to 32Gb Class 6 SDHC in mine fine.

Are you using the adapter when reading with the PC? Do you have a different adapter you can try with the PC? Are the cards recoverable and formattable now, or are they toast?

I would steer clear of adaptors and microSD until you work out where the problem lies.

Andyvee, I'm confident the cards are, can be formatted again. Cards are always unmounted too.

The card reader is built into the laptop, but I can my netbook or another micro sd adapter.

I've sourced a 1gd sandisk ultra ii out of my compact so will try this tomorrow.

I have a '10 plate vrs and have had trouble with the sd reader. To the point where it wouldn't register a card was in. Took it to the dealer, who checked it out, found it was working. It did for a while, but failed again.

The final straw was the screen going blank and the reader failing again. Took it back to the dealer, they did a diagnostic test, found there was a problem and I have a new head unit waiting to be fitted :thumbup:

Dealer said they'd never had one fail on the octy, but many on the older superb.

Small update, I think there is a problem with the card slot, as I now can't get a card to click in.

Will talk to the dealer next week I think and get them to look at it when they do my rear washer.