Si's BMW 323i coupe daily drifter!........new toy purchased.

SNH

Been getting a fair bit of arch to tyre contact so decided to fit a few of the camber shims to combat the issue :)

Only given it a slight bit for now, well until I get the rear arms back then I can the the lock spacers on and get a bit more camber sorted and tracked up.

243D42D9-D770-47A4-A993-C35EF2EE8417-1059-0000003F2DCFFDFC.jpg

DA2496F3-8E44-44FF-A97A-AF33E0749F3D-1059-0000003F3EB0046B.jpg

216764A2-6C3E-4D22-9327-81B4CB413F61-1059-0000003F483772C8.jpg

89830E67-737C-4EB6-B3AD-5AC80DA8ECB3-1059-0000003F4F4594A5.jpg

Had a tip in Bristol today so arranged to meet a lad selling an m3 bumper cheap, in good nick and in black (although it's satin) but it'll do for now.

Came complete with fogs, mesh and evo splitter aswell :)

34FD7559-AACB-4695-8894-18A17CA8722D-4452-0000016F5035F37E_zps7f3d1a09.jpg

It'll be on sat morning ;)

does the M50 manifold from the 325 fit on these? i know when i had my 328 coupe i could have put the 325 (M50) manifold on for a god power gain. i actually bought one off a scrappy for 10 quid with the plans to fit it but sold it on ebay for 60 quid in the end. might be something worth looking at in case you were thinking of getting an aftermarket one that could be quite expensive. Might save you a few quid if it can be done

Haha, yep already on. They reckon with a map it's good for 30bhp+

If this engine ever dies then a 2.8 will replace it, I'd like an m3 engine or 4.0 v8 but there a pita to fit and it defeats the object of being a budget drifter ;)

Haha,

Ill get some at the weekend. The paints only cracked on the lips that are rolled not really noticeable tbh and I've painted them to stop rust. I dunno if you'll notice the flare on a picture, I'll get some up :)

Acquired some M3 back lights tonight off a mate whose selling his vert.

Pics tomorrow when it's light :)

Also had a text to say my braces will be here Tuesday, spot on ready for the weekend.

Just need to sort some coilovers and where good to go ;)

Including the cost of the car about £1000.

I'll have a proper workout later but I'll be suprised if its much more :)

I've tried to keep it as low as poss on purpose and to keep everyone happy, the bits have been sourced through ebay or a mate of mine that breaks cars (who came up trumps with most of the trick bits).

All the works been done by me or a mate with more skills.

If I hadn't have been lucky with the bits then that figure would be double no doubt.

Edited by SNH

I was asking as I just watched a repeat of Top Gear where they bough old bangers for like £600, spent another £1500 on race prep and went Rallycross, later describing the experience as the best fun they had in their lives ( sad ba$tards ;) ).

I'd love to do a project like that!

As for the arches I cannot see from the pictures anything else than a pro job man! You have skills in your hands!

It is good to have a mate with access to parts and some skills as well, not only makes it the project more fun but as you said rather affordable:)

I bet you owe him big time now!

I help him with his skyline (drifter) and his off roader so it's like for like, he has mad welding and fab skills so he's a handy guy to know lol.

It was always my intention to build it on the smallest budget possible so that it wouldn't affect day to day living or bills etc, its not the prettiest thing but that was never the intention. It's built to be abused not to look pretty, it doesn't look to bad I suppose which is a bonus :)

I've not scrimped on anything, I've always kept my eye out for bargains off eBay and the other drift lads which has paid off even tho its took longer to do than I'd have liked but that's how it goes.

I just can't wait to get it on track once its done which'll hopefully be November.