Si's BMW 323i coupe daily drifter!........new toy purchased.

SNH

Still waiting for my welded diff to arrive :(

Got on with a few little jobs today, fitted new throttle body pipe, and made a bracket from the filter to the inner wing as the weight of the filter was the cause of the split pipe, fitted my richbrook tax disc holder and gave it a wash lol.

Hopefully the diff will arrive today or tomorrow with a bit of luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Cleaning the garage out today and came across some red light tint :)

Been looking at M3 rear lights for a while as they are clear and red and get rid of the horrid orange indicators.

After finding the tint I thought why not lol. I'm glad I did as it looks so much better and you can't tell they've been painted!

And it only took 20 mins from removal to refit.

9a930f16.jpg

1da858d6.jpg

Free modding ftw!

Dont forget your indicators will no longer flash the correct colour, to get amber I believe you'll need a different colour bulb which will be hard to come by.

This is a mod that is done on the A8, to get amber through red your bulb needs to be green in colour.

Decided to do something about the crazy heatsoak that these suffer from! Especially after a few laps drifting. If you think the 1.8t is bad....these are worse!

It's not pretty and agreed it looks **** but it needs addressing ASAP as its causing poor running.

I was just gonna slice 3 lines into the bonnet fold the flap and weld 2 sides on to create my own vent. But while clearing the garage I found an old vent that used to reside on my old Volvo so that'll be goin on this weekend hopefully.

bbcf8d62.jpg

ee48a6b1.jpg

Looked at other options before this but there's no room for a CAI pipe so I'm stuck.

It will be painted before fitting aswell :)

Painted the kidneys again today along with the vent, took the grinder to the bonnet and got the vent fitted!

Still looks out of place :) but it's functional and is doing its job. Was never meant to look good it's there to do a job!

7e7d5c94.jpg

6d250f60.jpg

13a85af4.jpg

0b39e90e.jpg

a1587f55.jpg

b1896c19.jpg

Im wanting a E30 or E36 next to learn to drift in! Got a slight obsession recently!

You'll be hooked :)

I wanted an E30 as there lighter but prices were a bit out of my range at the time. Got this cheap off a mate so not to bad.

Still got a few things to do before it'll drift proper. ie weld the diff and fit a hydraulic handbrake. Just located an M50 manifold which'll get it up to 200bhp so that should be plenty to be going on with. Then all I want is the mounts for the seat, a decent steering wheel some coilovers and a de cat exhaust and it's good to go..........sideways :)

Very nice mate,

I was thinking of stripping my Octavia to get an E36 M3 Evo lol, but I think I have changed my mine to stick with the Octy.

would love a 3.2l Straight 6 tho as they sound AWESOME!!!!!!

keep it up mate

Billy

Very nice mate,

I was thinking of stripping my Octavia to get an E36 M3 Evo lol, but I think I have changed my mine to stick with the Octy.

would love a 3.2l Straight 6 tho as they sound AWESOME!!!!!!

keep it up mate

Billy

Cheers billy,

Dnt do it till your 100% sure!

Id fallen out of love with my vrs and then the turbo went and I was offered that crazy Volvo :)

I must say tho these e36's especially he 6 pots sound frickin awesome on full chat. DE-cat exhaust next on the list so should sound sweet.

Another thing I've found while browsing the net is they have some quirky features and for not much dosh I can be running the same power as a stage 1 vrs and have more fun :)

Would I go back to a vrs now? Nope I'd have the m3 evo ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to collect a few parts now :)

Hydraulic handbrake collected earlier

4a0e4af6.jpg

Fetching a drift steering wheel at the weekend once my mates removed it from his skyline.

Slowly getting there and should be ready for Julys drift weekender.

• Like 1