2006 VRS TSFI estate options

I am just about to buy a 2006 VRS estate that looks to be in good nick with only 42000 miles FSH inc cambelt and at a good price. It comes with Xenons and Parking Sensors however; being an early model it doesn't have rear elec windows, dual zone climate or the Jumbo box. Would this be considered a deal breaker or are they just niceties that don't actually make any difference.

I am just about to buy a 2006 VRS estate that looks to be in good nick with only 42000 miles FSH inc cambelt and at a good price. It comes with Xenons and Parking Sensors however; being an early model it doesn't have rear elec windows, dual zone climate or the Jumbo box. Would this be considered a deal breaker or are they just niceties that don't actually make any difference.

Any other options? All depends on what you want. If the car appears good in all other respects, I doubt any of those three would be a deal breaker for me.

Xenons are an excellent addition.

Do you have a link to the car?

If it helps, I bought a 56 plate VRS recently. Front and rear park sensors and xenons, but minus the dual zone and rear electric windows/jumbo box. I was aware that they are slightly less desirable without. However, I figured that no one ever sits in the back of my car anyway, so electric windows issue sorted! I never use climate control and the hot/cold dial is good enough for me and you get loads more little storage cubby holes in the middle without the jumbo box. As everyone will tell you, it is your choice, but for me the xenons and park sensors, oh and the low mileage (mine had 15000 miles on clock), that was more important to me.

Good luck with the purchase, but it wouldn't bother me if the price and quality of the car is right :)

What about maxidot? If you want one later its a pfaff to get it retrofitted? same goes for bluetooth and cruise control I guess. TBH though it sounds like you wont miss the options you are mentioning. Factory fit xenons and parking sensors are superb. Aftermarket HIDs are illegal so you want to be sure what you are buying.

Edited by TsvRS

I have a 56 plate vRS with the opposite options to the car you are looking at. I love the climatronic even more so since we got a mk5 Golf GT with standard climate control. Jumbo box is nice to rest your arm on and the aux in is always in use. I also prefer to have the rear eletric windows, easier for the kids to open etc. Having said that I would love to have factory xenons, couldn't give a hoot about parking sensors though as I am a man! :giggle:

Retro fit wise, the jumbo box can be had for about 150 quid, climatronic is a major job as all the ducts need changing, iirc the wiring is in place for the electric windows, so it would just be a case of sourcing a pair of door cards and window switches.

Personally I don't think it would be a deal breaker...... :thumbup:

Thanks for all of the replies.

The car does come with maxidot.

I am prepared to put the link on here just yet in case I end up getting gazzumped however; it is a 2006 in race blue with FSH, two owners and 42000miles for £6400.

Thanks for all of the replies.

The car does come with maxidot.

I am prepared to put the link on here just yet in case I end up getting gazzumped however; it is a 2006 in race blue with FSH, two owners and 42000miles for £6400.

Maxidot is a BIG plus......I haven't got but would love it, ironically enough the Golf has a highline MFD, Maxidot equivalent.

£6400 sounds cheap to me!!!

I bought mine in October to give you an idea:

2006 (56) TFSI, Race Blue, Estate

40k Miles

Xenons, Jumbo, electric windows throughout (didn't even know they weren't standard these days), Cruise control, dual zone climate, 6-CD changer, 18" wheels, Rear parking sensors...

Think that's about it and I paid £7500 (With Skoda warranty remaining until April), plus 4 new tyres.

I bought my VRS three weeks ago. No xenons, No jumbo box, No dual climate. Basically the standard model, but to be honest the price and mileage were right. Also the colour made the deal. I got my 06 for £6500 with 45k on the clock.

If the vehicle doesn't have the Jumbo Box or Rear Electric Windows, it probably only has the 17" wheels rather than the 18" (All three came as a pack - which initially cost, be later on became standard).

I had a 56 plate Hatch without those options. Come trade-in time I was told that those extras would have made a difference to the value.

However as you're buying a vehicle without them, I expect you'll be paying slightly less than for a vehicle with them fitted.

My advice would be make a sensible offer on that, no one expects to get the asking price, I certainly didn't when I sold my last car.

I would also ring Skoda and check the vehicles history with them, what work it has had done, if any, with them and confirm services done and at what mileage. Some may consider it belt and braces, but to have an idea as to what the car has been through gives you an idea as to how well it has been looked after.

Good luck

That looks really nice. If you're happy with the spec, make an offer!

It's a lot of car for the money - practical, good looking and fast!

Although not for me, I do think the blue ones look great every time I see one!

If the vehicle doesn't have the Jumbo Box or Rear Electric Windows, it probably only has the 17" wheels rather than the 18" (All three came as a pack - which initially cost, be later on became standard).

Thats weird, cos I haven't any of those but have 18" wheels...

Thanks everyone for their thoughts on which kit is best. After all that I have decided not to buy this car due to the distance involved (Cornwall to Blackpool) and I have still got to sell my 2002 Skoda Superb 1.8T Comfort (Advertised on the For Sale section for £1750).I believe that car is genuine and is still a bit of a bargain although I have not viewed it.

Thats weird, cos I haven't any of those but have 18" wheels...

Not weird :)

18" wheels were an option on their own. However the "Pack" consisted of rear electric windows, Jumbo-box, 18" wheels and one other thing.

So people had the option of leaving standard, going for just 18" wheels or a pack with wheels and other things.

Based on Parkers and Glasses guide that is about the right price for the year, spec and mileage, from the pictures it looks spanking. My advice would be to go and have a look at it and remember it's a buyers market, offer him something like £5750 and go from there, bear in mind if you offer a cash deal he could pull the ad and avoid final fees! (Not that I would endorse that sort of thing).

I had a 300+ mile round trip to buy my estate. I'd searched for months for the right spec/price car and got a great deal on it. If the car/spec/deal is right its worth travelling for.

Mine was 300 one way!! :o But worth ever mile. :thumbup:

Have you considered a 1.8 TSI L&K.... 1.8 TSI has no timing belt to worry about, L&K has all the toys including leccy drivers seat, maxidot, xenons, MFSW... Might not have the aggressive looks of the VRS, but IMHO more of a wolf in lambs clothing ... bluefinnable to +200 bhp!

Great car and quite rare!

Have you considered a 1.8 TSI L&K.... 1.8 TSI has no timing belt to worry about, L&K has all the toys including leccy drivers seat, maxidot, xenons, MFSW... Might not have the aggressive looks of the VRS, but IMHO more of a wolf in lambs clothing ... bluefinnable to +200 bhp!

Great car and quite rare!

I'd quite happily go for a 1.8TSI estate in L&K spec however; these are even rarer than VRS TSFI estates.

My max budget is only about £7000 and it's got to be a car that will last.

If it's the right car, it's worth travelling. Just think how much fun you'll have on the way back!

The situation would be that I would need to fly from Newquay to Manchester (one way = £100) then get the train to Blackpool where the car is.

What if however; the car turns out to be a bit of a dog and I choose not to buy.

I'm then stuck in Blackpool overnight as their is only one flight per day in each direction and I end up over £250 out of pocket and still no car.

I know it's a gamble but I'm prepared to wait for the following:-

Something else comes along that is nearer

I still need to sell my current car

The vehicle has been on eBay since Sunday and nobody has bought it yet (therefore the price might come down or other people have walked away having viewed it).