Snow Foam - why did i wait soo long

SnailUK

After years of reading all the threads about snow foam, i finally took the plunge.

I've always held off, because generally i can't be bothered to get the pressure washer out and you tended to need a pressure washer to snow foam.

In the end, after reading reviews of the Gilmore Foammaster (which just attaches to a hose), and a recommendation from a friend, i took the plunge.

WOW.

I certainly cant match all the wonderful pictures of snowfoam from pressure washers, but it works like a charm. I swear it takes less time to clean both my cars, yet im achieving a better finish.

After years of reading all the threads about snow foam, i finally took the plunge.

I've always held off, because generally i can't be bothered to get the pressure washer out and you tended to need a pressure washer to snow foam.

In the end, after reading reviews of the Gilmore Foammaster (which just attaches to a hose), and a recommendation from a friend, i took the plunge.

WOW.

I certainly cant match all the wonderful pictures of snowfoam from pressure washers, but it works like a charm. I swear it takes less time to clean both my cars, yet im achieving a better finish.

Any pics? I Can't be arsed to get the pressure washer out either and have considered the gilmore foammaster.

I too resisted the SF for a good while.

However I use mine with a Karcher PW and whilst it is good as a PRE-wash it is certainly not good enough on it's own (with Valet Pro PH neutral SF)

whilst it is good as a PRE-wash it is certainly not good enough on it's own (with Valet Pro PH neutral SF)

Completely.

Its probably a waste, but i cover the car in foam, leave for 10 minutes, rinse, then cover again, and use the snow foam for washing the car.

A small amount of snow foam (filling the bottle to the top with water afterwards) will easily do 2 coverings of 2 cars.

Interestingly, because the snow foam is thicker than car shampoo, i find i can wash the A6 with a single bucket with snow foam, where it took just over 1.5 with shampoo. As such, i think one less bucket of hot water, offsets the extra cost of snow foam over car shampoo.

However I use mine with a Karcher PW and whilst it is good as a PRE-wash it is certainly not good enough on it's own (with Valet Pro PH neutral SF)

Of course it isnt

BUT

If you reapply the foam after rinsing off the first application after 5 minutes and then use a wash mitt on it with a bucket of water..You wont need a car shampoo any more

ValetPro ph neutral snow foam hasnt got great cleaning abilities, but is very lsp safe. If you want a touchless wash then you will be disappointed. Traffic folm removers will clean better but will also affect the longevity of your protection. Great advoce from chrisRs, snow foam then wash with a mitt is a good way of reducing swirling of the paint! You will struggle for a touchless wash.

I snow foam the car leave for 15 mins then rinse. Then I use a carnubawax shampoo I bought from Aldi & a microfibre mit to wash it only takes about 5 mins for this. I then apply a wax spray & rinse this off then hand dry.

Comes up really well everytime

I think it depends on the foam really.

As posted in another thread, here's mine, I use Magifoam through an Autobrite HD Lance.

This was the result on mine, car not washed for 2 months, foamed and left for 20 mins and rinsed. It wasn't touched with a wash mitt or anything, purely foamed and rinsed.

13182d17-1.jpg

bec23daf-1.jpg

I think it depends on the foam really.

As posted in another thread, here's mine, I use Magifoam through an Autobrite HD Lance.

This was the result on mine, car not washed for 2 months, foamed and left for 20 mins and rinsed. It wasn't touched with a wash mitt or anything, purely foamed and rinsed.

I fully agree that some foams will be better than others, maybe I still have too much wax left on the car? as after 10 mins it has pretty much all run off the car, if there was less wax then I assume it would dwell for longer .... but then I would have less protection on the paintwork :giggle:

I fully agree that some foams will be better than others, maybe I still have too much wax left on the car? as after 10 mins it has pretty much all run off the car, if there was less wax then I assume it would dwell for longer .... but then I would have less protection on the paintwork :giggle:

Cant win can you ! :D

Although a good point.

Mine just had a quick coat of SRP/EGP in October, so probably didn't fare too well over winter.

Snow foams good for getting the salt and really gritty dirt off.

Ideal for a touchless winter wash, where you know it's going to get manky again soon.

As long as you've cleaned and sealed your car for winter and don't make the snow foam too strong, then it does for over winter dirt removal.

Well today i blew my theory out of the water about there being too much wax on the car by washing an unwaxed (some would even say unloved) car, this had even less dwell time than I get on my Superb :think: