My 2.0 TSI VRS - Sh@rk Stage 2

D@z

I've also decided to fiddle about with the interior lights, so on order are:

Boldsport OEM footwell lights kit front and rear and bunch of LEDs for interior

Sounds nice Daz. Did you order direct from Boldsport in the States?

yeah I was a bit gutted, as Id rather not use spacers, but needs must!

think it would definitely help braking performance, the FL VRS has slightly smaller discs at the rear, cant recall right now, but I think they are 256mm. Currently the NQSBBK does overpower them a little, so the S3 rears would balance that out nicely. I just missed a set a little while ago on the MK5GTI forum sadly!

Interesting. Does the S3 rear setup utilise the same caliper ie is it just a bigger carrier and disk you need? (also, what the size of the S3 rear disk?)

I actually didnt pay any attention to where they are based Wardy, someone on here posted a link, so I just followed that, apparently they can be a little slow though,

may i trouble you for some pics of the intercooler please? was installation difficult?

thinking of doing the same thing, we get 40+ degree days over here, so like to keep the car running cool!

S3 rears are 312mm I believe. Not sure about the caliper though.

S3 rears are 310mm I believe, not certain about the caliper but I would say almost certainly it would be different.

Cheers guys, I have this on my list for stage two of the work on mine but havent spent any research time on this item (I was planning 278mm disks though as they go straight on mine apparently with a different carrier) - Ben suggested the S3 rear setup. If I find anything useful re calipers or parts I'll let you know, cheers. :)

I actually didnt pay any attention to where they are based Wardy, someone on here posted a link, so I just followed that, apparently they can be a little slow though,

Good stuff. They look to be USA-based, but used to shipping worldwide - site seems well setup for that. Should be 1-2 weeks delivery usually. Customs stage can also be a delay point.

LEDs look good Daz, in the doors - and you can tell the difference in the daytime too :) - how easy were they to swap out?

Know what you mean about the black grille - for me it ends up looking too much like a bottle-nosed dolphin! A white coded surround would work better I reckon. It's a tricky call on a white car though and the most difficult colour to get right with that sort of stuff.

easy to swap out Wardy, just pop something small underneath and the whole unit pops out, disconnect the connector and take it into the house, lens pops off then you can replace the bulb and then reverse the procedure to refit.

I already had (and prefer) a colour coded white surround, it got a massive stone chip so I left it at the bodyshop to be resprayed, unfortunately there was a hairline crack from when I removed it (its tricky to seperate) so I had to order a new one, so hopefully I should have the white surround back by next week, just trying to decide if I should fit the new style badges now too.

• Like 1

nothing specific, you just have to call and see what they can offer you, they are discounting everything AFAIK Mark. Might treat the car to a wash and polish this weekend!

not enough, lol but I needed them anyway so somethings better than nothing. bought the top set, reduced from 205 to 180, then post to N.I. costs more, so 200 all in.

• Like 1

I subscribed to your post since day one. It is one of the main reasons I got my 12 vRS. I am putting good power on APR K04 setup, now I need stopping power.

I am ready to get the porsche calipers, thank you for posting that you require 10 mm spacers on Neptunes. My question is, what makes the 10 mm spacers not fit properly in your rear wheels?

Regards

Get a thread up mate, would like to see what you done!

The spacers didn't seem to fit because the hub ring that the wheels rest on protrudes further on the back, meaning the spacer won't sit flush,

im hoping its just because its FK and a diferent brand will fit?

Some day I will begin my own build thread. I am going to try ECS tuning 10.5 mm in about a month. I have a friend with a Leon FR with the porsche calipers and he is going mad with the pad squeal at low speed. He has tried textar and pagid, now he will try the OEM pads to see if he finally sorts out the noise. If the end result is positive I will pull the trigger for the calipers. Have you had any noise issues with the pads?

Some day I will begin my own build thread. I am going to try ECS tuning 10.5 mm in about a month. I have a friend with a Leon FR with the porsche calipers and he is going mad with the pad squeal at low speed. He has tried textar and pagid, now he will try the OEM pads to see if he finally sorts out the noise. If the end result is positive I will pull the trigger for the calipers. Have you had any noise issues with the pads?

Does he have the Porsche anti squeal shims installed? The squeeling Is not uncommon on these apparently. Ben used Ceratec on mine also (google it) and mine are silent although running Mintex M1144 pads. :-)

Yes, he is on oem rotors and he is going to try oem pads that comes with shims (I have read that shims don´t make a big difference on noise). He had tried brake compounds; ate, loctite and a copper based one. Locally I cannot find Mintex Ceratec

I was warned against using the copper based one with the Porsche calipers as it, apparently, rots the rubber piston seals on them - not sure how true it is but its mentioned on multiple forums. Did he do the full bedding in procedure? On an older break setup I got some squeel, re did the bedding in process and they were fine after that. :)