My 2.0 TSI VRS - Sh@rk Stage 2

D@z

well not much to report here, got through Xmas and funds are starting to become available, although Im not sure I will ever make it to Stage 3/K04, as its almost change time and there are a few other motors I have my eye on, but in the meantime I think my Diverter Valve is on the way out, so will upgrade to the GFB DV+ which seems a great solution, and Im also thinking of switching to H&R 50mm springs for some more lows.....

• 2 months later...

Very interesting read about the power increase mods and will be checking these out when the better weather arrives. Never ceases to amaze me how much time and of course money can be spent on a stock car to make it something unique and different. Cheers to all...

• 1 month later...

sadly no, Ive kinda lost interest in the car TBH, and thinking of a replacement, having a very hard time deciding what though, a Mk3 TDI VRS is tempted, but IMO they are overpriced....

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, your VRS looks awesome.  Was after some advice on replacing the front and rear badges with new one and colour coding chrome grill surround.  Where did you order the new badges?  Did you do the work yourself and if so was it easy enough?  Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Are the L&K door lights as simple as buying a pair from the dealers and wiring them into the window electrics (I assume) or is there some funky way you can set them to only illuminate when the cars stopped and the engine is turned off (like when the rest of the interior lights come on).

Interested in an answer to this as well.

• 3 months later...

Interested in an answer to this as well.

sorry I havent been on much so havent replied! well I bought them and had them wired into the window electrics, although im sure if you wanted you could have them wired to the lighting circuit, but then they wouldnt be on when actually driving the car?

• 3 weeks later...

well, just to update, the VRS is going!

I have been contemplating what to do all year, and finally got a deal on a new Octavia I couldnt refuse.  This time around I have gone all sensible, so Im collecting my new 2.0 TDI 150 Elegance this week! 
0% finance, free servicing and no tax combined with 50+ Mpg will represent a fairly good saving per month for me, whilst also having a new car :-)
Will not be hitting it too much with the mod stick either, as I got carried away with this one.

Plans for the new one are perhaps some EIbachs, Rims and a Remap/Tuning Box and a few little finishing touches like LED interior lights etc.  apart from that, drive it and save money to spend on other things!

Parts will be available for sale soon when I get some time to list them!

Edited by D@z
  • Like 1