Bolero Stereo Question

Hi All,

I'll hopefully be getting my new vRS in the next few weeks with the standard Bolero stereo. I've not opted for MDI as I'm happy enough that it has SD card reader and the aux jack.

I'll need to buy some SD cards, what's best in terms of size and class that works reliably?

Thanks

Dougall

I specced our Octavia with MDi, but before I used this I was using an SD card, I think 16 GB which had allot of music on it, it worked fine. When I got into gear and bought myself an HDD (Seagate GoFlex 250GB from Maplin's £30 odd quid.) I know they are more expensive now and believe you can't even get the 250GB anymore, it works much better and quicker in my opinion. Sits in the glovebox neatly and you don't have to worry about carrying small SD cards around in the car which can get lost.

It also future proofs if you want to start using I-Phones for storing music and of couyrse it charges it as well.

I have a few cards knocking about I used a 32gb class 10 in there and a 16gb class 6 but I norm just have ipod in via MDI SD is backup for me but tbh had someone told me the flipping thing had SD slot I wouldnt have got MDI for an extra £110 but still glad I have it my 80GB ipod classic is slower to read than the SD cards too ironically but talking milliseconds here

I specced our Octavia with MDi, but before I used this I was using an SD card, I think 16 GB which had allot of music on it, it worked fine. When I got into gear and bought myself an HDD (Seagate GoFlex 250GB from Maplin's £30 odd quid.) I know they are more expensive now and believe you can't even get the 250GB anymore, it works much better and quicker in my opinion. Sits in the glovebox neatly and you don't have to worry about carrying small SD cards around in the car which can get lost.

It also future proofs if you want to start using I-Phones for storing music and of couyrse it charges it as well.

Is it specific to have this particular drive?

is 250gb max you can use or is it 250 max that the boplero can see?

ie.

If I had a 500gb would it still work up to 250?

Is it specific to have this particular drive?

is 250gb max you can use or is it 250 max that the boplero can see?

ie.

If I had a 500gb would it still work up to 250?

It is the MDI interface that the drive plugs in to, the Bolero can only use SD cards.

I have used a 320Gb, but to be quite honest anything more than 250Gb is kind of pointless unless you are intending living in your car!

It is the MDI interface that the drive plugs in to, the Bolero can only use SD cards.

I have used a 320Gb, but to be quite honest anything more than 250Gb is kind of pointless unless you are intending living in your car!

I understand about the MDI, interface,

My question was more to Is the drive Seagate specific or would any external drive do?

I understand about the MDI, interface,

My question was more to Is the drive Seagate specific or would any external drive do?

Any external drive with the MDI, as long as it is formatted as FAT32.

Solid state drives are better for in car use as they are less susceptible to damage from vibrations, but I have used a standard 320Gb Freecom Toughdrive with no problems

Any external drive with the MDI, as long as it is formatted as FAT32.

Solid state drives are better for in car use as they are less susceptible to damage from vibrations, but I have used a standard 320Gb Freecom Toughdrive with no problems

Good stuff,

Thanks, I will probably order MDI with my next vRS emoticon-0148-yes.gif