How to install Centre Armrest

Togo

Hi

Do any of you know where to find a manual or perhaps a "how to" guide on a Skoda Centre Armrest Part Number: DAO700001 for Fabia and Roomster?

My dealer wants 316£ for the armrest and the installation.

And I have found one on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Roomster-Fabia-II-Armlehne-Nachrustsatz-NEU-OVP-/330679953961

To around 146£, but then I have to install it my self, and I do not mind at all.

But my question is, who many parts as to be disassembled to retrofit a Centre Armrest?

There is a manual included, but I like to see the manual before I buy it :-)

To be honest, I wouldn't bother. I have one in my Roomster and it just gets in the way, serving no useful purpose. It just sits in the raised position all of the time, I would never use it because it restricts elbow room for steering and makes it difficult to use the parking brake.

Rob.

To be honest, I wouldn't bother. I have one in my Roomster and it just gets in the way, serving no useful purpose. It just sits in the raised position all of the time, I would never use it because it restricts elbow room for steering and makes it difficult to use the parking brake.

Thanks for the input Rob and stratosg. Point taken about the armrest...

I driving every day on a motorway for 30min * 2 = 60 min. a day, and has think about adding more comfort for my daily use.

But if it is more in the way then it is useful, then perhaps it is better to spent my money for something else.

Well, I have mixed feelings about the armrest: I agree with keystonedriving, plus it gets in the way when it's vertical and you try to reach something in the back of car.

However, I must reckon it's very comfortable when you drive on a motorway without need to shift gears all the time.

As to me, it's barely 10% of my driving time.

I would say it's worth bothering if you spend half of your time or more on a motorway or the like.

• Like 1

I have the armrest on mine. In fact mine seems to have everything, mudflaps, half leather wheel, climate etc. I suspect it was a very early 2006 showroom demonstrator. The armrest is in the wrong place. Too low to rest your arm on and just perfectly positioned to stop you changing gear comfortably.

In 2 years I've never put it down when driving, apart from once to determine that it is hopeless.

I guess this is really down to taste and seating position. I always have the armrest down, and even in a manual Roomster I didn't have any problems with gear shifting. I currently have a DSG, so no need for gear changes any more.

Many thanks for all the feedback :-), really appreciate it.

I have a manual gear box, but was dreaming of a DSG. But the dealer told me that he could not give me any estimation of how long the delivery time was.

I spokes of 6 months and up to 1 year delivery time :-(, and the long delivery time would affect my financial.

Perhaps I should go to a dealer and try a Roomster or Fabia with armrest and manual gear box.

I have not tried the Armrest in a demo car for now.

But I have managed to get a copy of the original Skoda Centre Armrest Part Number: DAO700001 for Fabia and Roomster installation manual.

It looks simple enough now to do it yourself. There is a really good profit for the Danish Skoda dealers for the armrest and installation I must say :-)

And updated.

I have now tried a Roomster with armrest. And I like it.

In fact so much that I bought one on eBay at 99 euro + shipping for 21 euro, total 120 euro. A genuine new original Skoda armrest.

I have now managed to install my OEM armrest. It took me about 45 min.

To start with I removed the rear cup holder with a TX20 screw, then I removed the small storage compartment.

HKpcy.jpg

Then the hardest part (I think), was to get the bracket for the armrest fastening under and up through the where the storage compartment was.

k6gpK.jpg

Then it was easy again, securing the bracket for the armrest fastening with TX30 screw. And assemble the armrest it self on top with a TX40 screw.

7ordz.jpg

NHGSk.jpg

And finally the hardest job. Fitting the plastic cover :wonder: , it took me some time make it fit.

Lw712.jpg

Job done :thumbup: , and I am very pleased with my new armrest.

2y258.jpg

Thanks all, for the good input for cons and pros!

It is clearly a matter of taste whether you like it or not. But I like it!

Good job Togo, nice DIY guide, but please take a look here and especially last paragraph I named "OFF TOPIC", you will find out that the plastic cover that was the hardest part of your fittment was a weird sound source in my case.

Thanks! And good tip on the cracking sound from armrest, I will remember that. :-)

We (me and my local dealer) were about to change driver's seat due to cracking sound every time i entered the car. Not needed though. I found out that the sound occurred due to friction between the plastic side of the arm rest and the outer side of driver's seat. I applied Gummi Pfledge to arm rest's plastic frame and everything is perfect now.

Is "Gummi Pflege", the same as "Basta Silicone Stift" ?

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fbastacarcare.dk%2Fshop%2Fbasta-silicone-stift.49.html&act=url

I don' think it is the same, but it is similar since gummi is water based product. For more details take a look here I applied it once and since then no cracking, squeeking, rattling noise from door rubbers, of course contact tape helped too.

• 7 months later...

Hi Togo, can you remember the company you purchased from on ebay,

regards.

Yes a can, tomorrow I will find the information for you.

I bought it from person on eBay, and not from a company.

Hi Togo, can you remember the company you purchased from on ebay,

regards.

Okay, here is the sell from eBay. You have to ask him about a armrest for a Skoda Roomster.