Q for **Irish Audience** on the Skoda Ocatvia II 1.8 TSI model

Thats the bad thing with second hand someone could have been mistakenly using bio or part bio diesel in it. But you are the first person I have seen whos had a problem.If the DPF itself failed that doesn't sound like its along the lines of the normal DPF issues everyone is scared of. The forced regen I thought was only something the dealers could do and a normal regen done with light on and driving it at higher revs etc?

HOLLY SMOKES I forgot how much you guys paid for cars LOL unlucky! :hi: mine was less brand spankers!

But we get more of the options as standard :dance: like jumbo box, maxidot, rain sensing wipers etc.

but then add VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) and VAT (yes VAT is calculated after adding VRT :swear: so double tax) and the price is up there alright, but also on the downside Skoda warranty here is only 2 years

@Davidsr20 when i bought my 09 in 2010 it was similar mileage and 1 year old and cost was in around what you have there

Thats the bad thing with second hand someone could have been mistakenly using bio or part bio diesel in it. But you are the first person I have seen whos had a problem.If the DPF itself failed that doesn't sound like its along the lines of the normal DPF issues everyone is scared of. The forced regen I thought was only something the dealers could do and a normal regen done with light on and driving it at higher revs etc?

Apologies for the phrasing. The dpf was trying to do a regen itself at town speeds. It can do this is it clogs, it was putting the revs up above 1k and giving truely awful mpg. This only happened after 3 days of exclusively town driving in reasonable traffic. I am usually a bit too light on the throttle and early with the changes which I'm sure didn't help matters too much.

I've never noticed the dpf working on the motorway however bar the odd low mpg trip usually right after a few days of town driving.

But we get more of the options as standard :dance: like jumbo box, maxidot, rain sensing wipers etc.

but then add VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) and VAT (yes VAT is calculated after adding VRT :swear: so double tax) and the price is up there alright, but also on the downside Skoda warranty here is only 2 years

@Davidsr20 when i bought my 09 in 2010 it was similar mileage and 1 year old and cost was in around what you have there

lol do you gt 18" neptune alloys standard :happy: and as you mentioned warranty do you get the option to extend it to 5 years for approx €500 :kiss:. Jumbo box is standard in UK but before taxes etc on both sides ours is prob still cheaper as we are not forced into having certain options fitted like rain sensors etc.

If it makes you feel any better the diesel VRS here in Holland costs about €37000 with no options and thats before metalic paint etc! Which makes my car flippin rare here (who on earth would pay that for a skoda) :giggle: They get abused on the tax based off emissions etc.

Apologies for the phrasing. The dpf was trying to do a regen itself at town speeds. It can do this is it clogs, it was putting the revs up above 1k and giving truely awful mpg. This only happened after 3 days of exclusively town driving in reasonable traffic. I am usually a bit too light on the throttle and early with the changes which I'm sure didn't help matters too much.

I've never noticed the dpf working on the motorway however bar the odd low mpg trip usually right after a few days of town driving.

Ahhh got ya early changing = bad mpg in general (100km/h 5th gear would be higher mpg than 6th in most conditions) my CR is remapped but still gets 54mpg on a long drive and thats with air con, cruise control and speed not for economy at all and 4 people in car. In town on cold engine in winter like now its just typical low mpg 35mpg after first 10km and after 30 back up to 50+ but I wouldnt expect anything more from a large diesel engine tbh.

Have a lot of DPF problems with 1.9 CDTI Opels in work with short little runs all the time but if we catch them as soon as the light comes on and take them for the prescribed run they seem to clear out nicely. Certainly inconvenient though.

As I have always said at first sign of any DPF problems I will simply remove it totally and enjoy the better MPG and slight increase in power. :angel:

• Like 1

I had same problem for a few days too but mine was not regenerating because my exhaust pressure sensor was faulty,got a new sensor and all is great a month later,no more dpf light,the new sensor was also the newer one so alls good touch wood ;)

My dpf was only @ 46% tho with sensor gone so I was fairly safe as I didn't drive it till I got the new sensor adapted.