The Norwegian vRS "Low Clearance"

Stamsaas

Hey guys :)

Tought that I could make a thread on my Octavia vRS. Some of you might have seen it in some other threads on here, but can put it all in here. I bought it i Germany an picked it up there 26.April 2010 and it was then completly stock. Got it home and got plates, and a friend of mine did a really good polish on it. See it here, you can see the pics, but its written on norwegian :)

Then the modding started, was waiting over 2monts for coilovers that never came, ang got the wheels and some part from Superskoda before the low.

DSC_0531.jpg

Still waiting for the coilover I got the car waxed with Svisswax Mirage. Insane shine!

DSC_0551.jpg

Finaly got some Spax RSX coilovers, and adjusted it to rock buttom..... and it was still on stilts :(

DSC_0619.jpg

After a few weeks I couldnt stand it anymore an swaped to FK Coilover, and remowed the helpers in front, and finaly got it down!

DSC_0024.jpg

The vRS is seriously low under when lowered..

DSC_0045.jpg

Then the winter come to Norway, and I had to raise the car a bit and put on 19" winters

DSC_0288.jpg

After a long winter it finaly became spring, and I turned it down a bit to much :p

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

lowerad about 95mm here, and knocking driveshaft for anything, and dangerous low under so had to take it up 5mm.

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0419.jpg

A friends vRS on H&R 50mm vs mine

SkodaOctavia19inchesPS3.jpg

Low clearance you say?

DSC_0526.jpg

• Like 1

And then i bought a set of 20" Audi Cantona, got on some really streatched tyres painted them white and put it on. Got sick :)

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0680-3.jpg

Then I was on GATEBIL, a Norwegian car meeting with about 50,000 visitors and got 1.place

IMG_0876.JPG

DSC_0852.jpg

swaped back to 19s after a while, still going strong :)

DSC_0903.jpg

DSC_1115.jpg

Then it was time for winter again.... This winter i got the 18" zeniths and OEM grill painted in Audi Daytona Grey

DSC_1171.jpg

And i bought a set of OZ Botticelli III 8,5x20 :p

DSC_1175.jpg

DSC_1190.jpg

20120202_190506.jpg

20120202_190545.jpg

That was a short (but still long) story about the time I have had the car to now. I have many houndred pics of the car, så just chose a few now. Not taken any details, så any questions, just ask :) More pics can bee seen here :)

Hope you like it :)

Thank you :) It got good rear camber, but I had to adjust it to 3degrees to make the 19s fit. They are 9,5 ET48 and 225/35 with 3degrees camber it just rubs the inners on both insude and outside. So its a tight fit ;)

Sorry late reply, and thanks for the comments. :) The OZ have to wait Im afraid, dont have any money to do them now. But have a little thing going with the white Cantonas ;)

The hight and the AMG rims on the photo is how I have driven it the most, and it just barly rubs. The only mods I have done is to roll the front arches light, just the inside, not viseble from outside, and cut out a little bit metal inside the rear arches. If I have people in the backseats it might rub in heavy bumps etc, almost nothing on normal driving :)Needs stretched tires ;) But must watch the road, rubs more under :)

More summer photos:

DSC_1119.jpgDSC_1118.jpgDSC_1105.jpgDSC_1104.jpgDSC_1103.jpgDSC01118.jpgDSC_0891.jpgDSC_0887.jpg:) 

Edited by Stamsaas

Stripped of the white paint on the Cantonas

20120302_183624.jpg

Ready for paint! They are painted now, waiting with pics of the finish until they are on the car :)

20120304_005705.jpg

Edited by Stamsaas

Audi Cantona meets VW Vipergreen :)

DSC_1354.jpg

Picked up the rims today, and had to out them on, but the car looked like he** so had to give it a wash before I could touch it :)

DSC_1355.jpg

Then it was just to get it done. Love it or hate it :)

DSC_1356.jpg

DSC_1357.jpg

DSC_1367.jpg

DSC_1369.jpg

DSC_1372.jpg

DSC_1373.jpg

Did not get time to switch back to summer front grill but they are comming :) It is still in winterhight, so it will be lowered later on :)

• Like 1

Sorry mate prefer them in white, so is your original grille stripped back to plastic now or did you paint it black over the silver.Also your winter heightis most peoples lowered height here! :giggle:

Hehe, I know there will be more haters to this color, but you have to try things out to be different and not copy others :) I am very happy with the looks, and Think it worked very good :)

I will switch back to the Milotec grills, the OEM grill are painted in the same color as the Zeniths, so it is just for winter use :)

Great to see all the photos in one place - definitely one of my favourite wagons :yes:

Love the actual finish on the wheels - they've been done very well. Just don't think Viper Green goes all that well with Race Blue... :)

Thank you Wardy! :) I have painted the wheels myself, so thanks ;) I know the color is a bit outside the box, and that many dont will like it, so thats ok :) but very many also seems to like it :) They are my "spring wheels", I will put on the Mercedes rims closer to the summer :)

Finaly got some Spax RSX coilovers, and adjusted it to rock buttom..... and it was still on stilts :(

After a few weeks I couldnt stand it anymore an swaped to FK Coilover, and remowed the helpers in front, and finaly got it down!

Do you still have the Spax COs? I might be willing to take them off your hands for a reasonable price if they fit my '07 1.6MPI estate.

Edited by Cpt. Sweatpants

This has no doubt been asked before, but what have you done to the front bumper in some of the earlier shots?

Down by the fogs, are they just interchangeable parts with the standard vRS items?

Like this one:

DSC_1104.jpg

Awesome pre-FL RS estate you got there Stamsaas. Really like what you've done to it. SHows you got individuality and style and not copying others which is also my philsophy. Sure wish you were here in Oz with me so both our cars can be lined up with photo shoots taken to show the world what can be done to the pre-FL RS's in a tasteful manner. Big thumbs up from me mate.

Cpt. Sweatpants: Sorry, the Spax are sold :) (I also think you would need 50mm front dampers, and the vRS have 55m, but Im not sure)

Wardy: The front have Milotec upper and lower grill, and i have in addition to that put in "RS4" look mesh insted of the cheap-looking mesh that it came with :)

Here is the original mesh in the upper, and the new RS4 mesh in the lower grill

DSC00524.jpg

Like the finish better with the new :)

Crazy vRS: Thank you very much mate! :) It would have been great with more vRSs and photoshoots, but sadly there is quite a bit from Norway to Australia :( Again, thanks :)

Got some new photos here now, have switched to summer front fram Milotec again also :)

DSC_1378.jpg

DSC_1382.jpg

DSC_1385.jpg

DSC_1390.jpg

DSC_1392.jpg

DSC_1395.jpg

DSC_1396.jpg

DSC_1399.jpg

DSC_1402.jpg

:)

Its not the camber that eats tyres, so when the other is lined up properly, the wear isnt that bad. starting my 3.season with the mercedes rims this summer, and the rear tyres can do 2 more :) They do wear more on the inside yes, but just put inside out and the inside is fresh as new, ready for more miles :)

And thanks ;)

Edited by Stamsaas

Im not usaly a fan off funky coulered wheels but i think they look fantastic with the blue. They create a total contrast which is cool in a wierd way. Fantastic car you have there :)