The Norwegian vRS "Low Clearance"

Stamsaas

• 3 weeks later...

The car is looking very good! I like it with the merc wheels better than those green ones. :)

I was planning to do this same FL mod on my Octy also.

You mentioned on this or the Octavia photo topic that the wiring is not straight fit on the headlights between Pre-FL and FL. Is it because the FL lights have the cornering option on them? And how about those connectors of the wiring, are they different?

Also do you have to swap the front end frame/frames which you bolt the headlights, bumper and side wings onto?

The plug on the FL headlights are not the same as the pre-FL. Thats problem nr1. next is the hightadjustmentmotors, they wil not work with the pre-FL BCM, and most probalby have to change to one from FL. I have a guy to look after a matching one that I can use.

And yes, you have to change the frames that everything is bolted to, so its a big job, and I wouldt have done it again if it hadent been for the accident. I had to change front anyway, so why not FL.. Sell and buy a FL will be much cheaper :)

Yes, brows are from superskoda :)

It have been a while since last update here, because the car have been in the bodyshop to redo the painting after the first time. Picked it up on thursday, and are delivering it again tomorrow... :( hope this will be the last time now... When the car is back for good it will be more updates :)

Picked the car up from the paintshop yesterday for the 3rd time. Not 100% satisfied, but I dont think they manage to do any better... So I drove home, and got it down to summerhight and put on the 19" Mercs :) No rubbing issues jet, but not drove so far jet. Maybe get it down some more mm in front :)

Photos; (low quality, only rolled 10m outside the garage)

20120703_211918.jpg

20120703_211931.jpg

20120703_211946.jpg

(and after some km driving)

20120703_214857.jpg

Better pics will come soon, it just need a good clean and some detailing :)

• Like 1

Nice. Glad to see it's back on the road again. You ever researched solutions for the drive shaft rubbing without notching the chassis? I know it's possible with a Quaife gearbox... http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop/products/qmext but I've not found any concrete information on something similar for the OEM gearbox.

I think front right driveshaft from 4motion golf can be used, that is in two parts, so no rubbing issues. Have two friends on golf (one MK5 and one MK6) both with 4mo and air, and they lays the chassie on the ground without any c-notch :)

• Like 1

What coilovers you got? Not many that go real low :)

Now for this weekend, the car have got some shine :)

DSC_1524.jpg

DSC_1525.jpg

DSC_1529.jpg

DSC_1536.jpg

DSC_1547.jpg

Here after polish

DSC_1554.jpg

DSC_1555.jpg

DSC_1556.jpg

DSC_1558.jpg

DSC_1563.jpg

And here after Swissvax cleaner fluid and Mirage, and total clean inside

DSC_1568.jpg

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1572.jpg

DSC_1574.jpg

DSC_1575.jpg

Both in the garage :) (the oil under the vRS are from the Corolla :p )

DSC_1577.jpg

• Like 2

Need to see more pics of that corolla - looks interesting! And seriously dude, your garage just isn't fair. :( I have to detail my car on my little drive with my neighbours giving me funny looks and you've got THAT.

excuse me whilst i drool over these pictures for a while.

they are jom coilovers,they go quite low,i have them wound 2/3 of the way on front and 1/2 on rear.

i was caught out by a speedbump whit destroyed one of the bolts that hold the plastic tray on.

i will get a picture for you once i clean it,it has been raining all weekend :(

More rolla?

DSC_1513.jpg

DSC_1515.jpg

DSC_1518.jpg

20120617_175540.jpg

20120617_175549.jpg

20120617_194836.jpg

;) Will do a rebuilt into track/drift car this winter :)

I know, the garage is not as it should be, yet. But Im only 24 years, and alone I have bougt my own house with duble garage and restored the house, at a total cost at about 200 000 GBP. Just dont have the money to the garage now, but I hope i do to the winter....

• Like 3

Better get used to that pastie :) . The remaining shards of my undertray are hanging off dragging on the floor. Need to get a new one!

Low is a lifestyle ;) My old plastic plate under the engine was quite worn, but now its brand new, but it has tuched ground a few times.. hope it gets a long life :p

Dont know how prices are here VS UK, but 200k are about the price on currency converter. My salory are about 40k year before taxes to compare? (now the garage where I did the detailing are not mine, thats my parents, mine is at the last photo)

Yes, I think the garage will be quite alright when it's finish :) have restored the house completely inside the last 16mndts so a bit tired of restoring :p but will start on the garage in two weeks maybe, holiday :)

Thanks guys! :)

Now, this weekend, easy said :p

20120714_200402.jpg

The paiper is that I have to remove the xenon foglights, and tint on front windows and get the car approved at the norwegian carcontroll. (dont find any good english word for it?)