Yeti Photoshoot

bgw

Great views (and great Yeti pictures). I had a sailing holiday on Lough Derg a few years ago - lovely part of the world.

I took a photo of my yeti today too.

4838c152.jpg

Not allowed to publish any shots from inside till April.

Suffice to say it will be well worth a visit even if you're not a fan ;)

Nice shots. If you fancy a bit of a critique - it seems they are all shot from eye level. Try different heights (like lying on the ground) and some jaunty angles too (dutch tilt). Makes everything more dynamic and now that we don't pay for film anymore, it's always worth messing around and seeing what comes out. :thumbup:

P.S. A cheap circular polariser off eBay will kill those pesky reflections too. :)

Edited by carnivorous

Took the new car up Tountinna near where I live for a photo shoot - Lough Derg in the background. Hope you enjoy!

IMG_08371.jpg

IMG_08411.jpg

IMG_08421.jpg

IMG_08481.jpg

IMG_08511.jpg

IMG_08581.jpg

Lovely part of the country, I haven't been to Tipperary since the Circuit of Ireland rally used to run stages there. Our stage team used to stay in the Tipperary Inn in Toomevara every Easter and we were always well looked after. Maybe we should hold a Yeti photo competition and carnivorous could offer his expert critigue.

Nice shots. If you fancy a bit of a critique - it seems they are all shot from eye level. Try different heights (like lying on the ground) and some jaunty angles too (dutch tilt). Makes everything more dynamic and now that we don't pay for film anymore, it's always worth messing around and seeing what comes out. :thumbup:

P.S. A cheap circular polariser off eBay will kill those pesky reflections too. :)

It was not just about the car, but the car in the location.

They were taken from a variety of heights, but at the one that showed the scenery and car together in the best way.

Good point about the filter, I forgot to put it on.

I am not a professional phtogropher - just someone who like to take pictures every now and then.

HEY CFB, where did you go at WB???

I've been there too, if it's the one in Hollywood :yes:

Mac, it's the brand new one in Hertfordshire.

It's all about the making of the films about a certain wizard and his friends.

It was not just about the car, but the car in the location.

They were taken from a variety of heights, but at the one that showed the scenery and car together in the best way.

Good point about the filter, I forgot to put it on.

I am not a professional phtogropher - just someone who like to take pictures every now and then.

I was just trying to be helpful....the pictures are very good. I always find I'd rather hear what people don't like about my images - people telling me what they do like does much less to improve my photography. :)

• Like 2

I was just trying to be helpful....the pictures are very good. I always find I'd rather hear what people don't like about my images - people telling me what they do like does much less to improve my photography. :)

No problem. Everyone's taste is different. It would be a boring world if everyone liked the same thing.

I did take many pictures from different angles and heights - and many of the shots simply did not work - and as I said, I wanted to capture the scenery with the car.

Edited by bgw
  • Like 1

Hi CFB

Great pics in stunning scenery a great advert for the Emerald Isle. Will hopefully be over in Mayo again as although the Murphys came over in the 1880`s I do feel very much at home when we visit Eire.

Slainte :beer:

Peter

I think you meant BGW?

Nice pics bgw, I love the emerald isle. I know why it's called that too.

Coz it's always raining!

Still a beautiful country though :)

Great pics in stunning scenery a great advert for the Emerald Isle. Will hopefully be over in Mayo again as although the Murphys came over in the 1880`s I do feel very much at home when we visit Eire.

Never judge a book by its cover :giggle: I was born in London, spent some time in Kent, most of my later life in Nottinghamshire, and moved to Ireland in 2006.

I love it here - the people, the pace of life, the scenery, the lake and waterways (I own a boat).

I have always enjoyed driving (I also have a 1973 Triumph GT6) and I hate going back to the UK and driving on the congested roads back there.

Coz it's always raining!

Yup - keeps the lake full :rofl:

• Like 1

Good pictures!

May I suggest you also post them in the proper photo thread? This thread will over time disappear never to be seen again. Since the moderator cleanup some months ago this photo thread has become pretty dormant due to it residing within another thread pinned at the top of the forum page (The Extremely useful Yeti topic). So go here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/217587-the-extremely-useful-yeti-topic/

The photo thread is this one:

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/144075-yeti-forum-members-picture-thread/

Good pictures!

May I suggest you also post them in the proper photo thread? This thread will over time disappear never to be seen again. Since the moderator cleanup some months ago this photo thread has become pretty dormant due to it residing within another thread pinned at the top of the forum page (The Extremely useful Yeti topic).

My first thought was to post it in a pictures thread - but I couldn't see one - I didn't expect it to be buried inside another one :blush:

I create another post there.

Thanks.

Mac, it's the brand new one in Hertfordshire.

It's all about the making of the films about a certain wizard and his friends.

KOOL, I must visit it.....................I've been to the Hollywood studio, and walked on the set for The Mentalist.............I have sat in Patrick Jane's settee :giggle:

post-57830-0-75419600-1330361605_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

KOOL, I must visit it.....................I've been to the Hollywood studio, and walked on the set for The Mentalist.............I have sat in Patrick Jane's settee :giggle:

I rather like that show. Liking the redhead ;)

Don't know where it's going now that red John is gone ??

I rather like that show. Liking the redhead ;)

Don't know where it's going now that red John is gone ??

Oh, but Red John is STILL ALIVE!!!!

The man who Patrick shot in the shopping mall wasn't Red John...............

Officer Hightower is still on the run, and I have a feeling we will see more of LaRoache. :p

Oh, but Red John is STILL ALIVE!!!!

The man who Patrick shot in the shopping mall wasn't Red John...............

Officer Hightower is still on the run, and I have a feeling we will see more of LaRoache. :p

I know. hence separated question marks.. On the edge of the sofa waiting for his handy work to reappear. :o