I'm melting !

jonny boy

Don't have a chance at the moment to post a picture, but the housing that covers the rear wiper motor has melted.

It's gone 'shiny & baggy' all around the motor. Surely that must have been bloody hot to do that as the plastic feels pretty tough :strong:

Going to take it in tomorrow to get sorted.

This, coupled with the Climatronic fault, makes me feel I've got a Friday afternoon car.

That's more than a little issue though.

If the motor had a fault, there should be a thermal cut out that turned it off well before it got that hot. I can only imagine something shorted quite well and caused a lot of heat to be built up. I'd go as far to say that's either a design fault or a significant **** up on QC.

However beyond that, I'd expect car plastics to resist hear rather than melt like that. To me that's also a concern.

Edited by cheezemonkhai

;) did you not have an issue with the climatronic as well, defo a Friday car :(

Yes, no heat for 5 days.

I sincerely hope this trend stops now. Reminds me of a crappy car I owned in 2004. Began with an 'R' and ended with a 'T' :@

Yes, no heat for 5 days.

I sincerely hope this trend stops now. Reminds me of a crappy car I owned in 2004. Began with an 'R' and ended with a 'T' :@

Shaking that ass!!

Hope you get it sorted mate...At least all your Fabia wheels are intact!!

Bloody women!!

Had it looked at by the dealers this afternoon.

The carpet trim (below the cover) has also melted on the edge. The technician is dumbfounded.

He's sent some pictures to Skoda technical. All the parts are ordered and the wiper has been disconnected.

He really couldn't understand how the wiper was still working with this fault.

I wonder if they'll do a few complimentary changes to the central locking FOC whilst it's in there ...... :mmm:

Any update yet Jon?

Yeah Chris,

Sent an email to Skoda UK outlining my disappointment with the electrics on the car. They're in the process of 'sorting it'.

My local dealer is awaiting the wiper motor, wiring harness, trim and trim buttons. Soon as they've got it, it's in for the warranty work.