2009 Fabia3 Boot warning

Hi guys. Me and the misses bought a 2009 Fabia 3 two weeks ago. Since we've had it, the little car diagram on the dash seems to always indicate that the boot is open and stays illuminated even when we've locked the car. Is it suppose to be like that or is it due its first trip back to the dealers as its under warrrenty?

Cheers

Arwel.

I had exactly the same problem with my Fabia 3

The dealer did change the hatch catch but this did not solve the problem and it kept re occurring intermittently.

They also tried re installing the software again with no success.

Their last suggestion was to drive the car to the service bay but not to turn of the engine when I arrived as they wanted to connect the diagnostic kit with the engine still running and with the fault present.

However for some reason the fault just disappeared before I was able to do this.

Fingers crossed the fault has not reappeared for about 3 months

The dealer themselves said they had never seen this problem before and were somewhat at a loss as to what the underlying problem was.

I do hope that simply changing the catch does work for you but do be prepared if the fault comes back.

Edited by JohnLD