What delivery times on new diesels currently?

Looks like several folk have new CR Vrs's imminent. Also anyone with a recent arrival, just wondering how long they have taken from date of ordering. May help me decide whether to keep the Scout or not.........................

Collecting an in stock one on Monday and was quoted an 8-12 week wait for a VRS to order and a six month wait if it's a DSG as the factory in Japan which makes some of the chips was destroyed in the earthquake.

.. as the factory in Japan which makes some of the chips was destroyed in the earthquake.

Reminds me of once trying to buy a 'Roman' brand shower screen from a bathroom shop. The sales guy told me that since it was made in Italy and, and it was mid-summer at the time, the Italian factory was closed for the summer break and offered me something else that they had in stock. I went home and looked the company up and I think they manufactured in Washington, Tyne and Wear.

Looks like skoda (apparently lesser company than Audi) have acceptable lead times. Just ordered an S4 and the lead times are 6 months. I'd be over the moon with a 12 week lead time. When I ordered my VRS last year it took 12 weeks. How come skoda can provide quicker than Audi??? Thought Skoda were bottom of the pecking order.