soupafly

I won't read too much into the forecasts on build date then Ian. I was thinking about planning to bring forward the date for getting rid of my current car but if the build date is inaccurate I wont bother.

... could include any one of the following change categories:

1. External styling

2. Drive train

3 Skoda equipment options

4 SUK equipment options

Well, ESP is meant to be compulsory in the EU this year (expect price rise for 2wd manual cars!), and UK is overdue the 2.0 140 TDi FWD.

[Would like to see a FWD 140 TDi/TSi DSG myself, or a SEAT version of the Yeti!]

According to my local Skoda Dealer who rang me on the 5th March, the Yeti is now available (in the UK) with a different coloured roof

along the lines of the Fabia. Actual information on the colours is difficult to find but the European Brochure shows black, white, silver

and cappuccino beige as the available options for the roof panel. Maybe this is the phantom facelift?

According to my local Skoda Dealer who rang me on the 5th March, the Yeti is now available (in the UK) with a different coloured roof

along the lines of the Fabia. Actual information on the colours is difficult to find but the European Brochure shows black, white, silver

and cappuccino beige as the available options for the roof panel. Maybe this is the phantom facelift?

Yes there is a thread on this already:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/231387-order-yeti-with-new-optional-coloured-roofs/

£390 for the roof on a solid coloured car and £850 for a metallic car with a different roof. Only black, white or silver to order in the UK from the 5th of March.

When queried about a Yeti facelift, since I've got one on order, my dealer simply confirmed what Totally wrote, that there would be new Rapides, one of which would be a shortened version.

Don't think the facelift will be this year as Skoda are busy with the Mission L and Seat Toledo launch (build from week 22) and Octy 3 to be launched before the end of the year. Yeti and Superb facelifts during 2013 maybe?

• 3 months later...

According to this article: http://auto.aktualne.centrum.cz/clanek.phtml?id=752559 the facelift Yeti (due in about one year's time) will feature:

- Squarer headlights and new face as seen on the Rapid

- There will be two design versions; outdoor (grey lower bumpers as now) and urban (painted bumpers)

Thanks for the article, not sure loosing the round fogs is the right design direction to go, if I understand translate correctly and I also fear, knowing SUK, that we might only be offered the 'bling' Urban model; they prefer form over function sadly :(

TP

Thanks for the article, not sure loosing the round fogs is the right design direction to go, if I understand translate correctly and I also fear, knowing SUK, that we might only be offered the 'bling' Urban model; they prefer form over function sadly :(

TP

That was my first two thoughts as well Tim. That losing the distinctive fogs will be a bad move and that SUK will just give us one of the two body types...

hi?according to a press conference held by Skoda and Shanghai VW, it has been confirmed that facelift Yeti no long use the round fog lamps. But they did not reveale more details about the facelift Yeti.

hi?according to a press conference held by Skoda and Shanghai VW, it has been confirmed that facelift Yeti no long use the round fog lamps. But they did not reveale more details about the facelift Yeti.

Thats the Chinese Yeti I presume... "According to Dr. Marx, the Chinese Yeti will not be the same as its overseas counterpart, and will be specifically modified to suit local tastes. He revealed that it will be bigger and sport a more spacious interior."

ref http://autonews.gasgoo.com/china-news/skoda-to-manufacture-rapid-and-yeti-in-china-in-20-120618.shtml

The Chinese Yeti will be around 6 inches longer to increase rear leg room and boot space but I would imagine the basic styling will be the same as the European version, but with more bling (chrome).

Dropping the round foglights for the European facelift is true. Some Czech car magazines have seen the photos.. They say the 'outdoor' version looks very good.

The Chinese Yeti will be around 6 inches longer to increase rear leg room and boot space but I would imagine the basic styling will be the same as the European version, but with more bling (chrome).

Dropping the round foglights for the European facelift is true. Some Czech car magazines have seen the photos.. They say the 'outdoor' version looks very good.

Thanks for the update, be interesting to see this new look and I hope if as suggested the outdoor trim is OK, then SUK import it here; if it's to practical maybe we won't get it :wonder:

TP

On the facelift I would like to see some more efficient but still reasonably powerful petrol engines (1.4TSI 140BHP with cylinder shutdown, the new version 1.8TSI?)

I would also like to see Skoda UK give us MDI and DAB, and allow alcantara to be chosen on the Elegance instead of only as on option on the SE.