Yeti Greenline - long gearing - what does it mean?

frglee

My Yeti returned 25mpg keeping to the 60mph speed limit, even up steep hills......

So I would expect the greenline with about 75bhp less than mine to be slightly better......or may be slightly worse... :rofl:

Rockhopper, what MPG to you get normally without the caravan? this will give a rough idea of the lost MPG when towing.

!!DOH!! :giggle: you signature states 36.7 so that makes about 11mpg lost

Edited by Big Rich

Thank you all for your helpful replies

slightly better......or may be slightly worse...

Well, almost ;)

30mpg would do me. It's long motorway gradients where my Astra comes unstuck. Third gear, 35 MPH and the fuel gauge almost visibly going down if there's a head wind thrown in. I'm hoping that even the Greenline Yeti will have a bit more stamina.

Regards, Lee.

Lee just looked up the BHP of your Astra it had 73 BHP when new at 12 years old it's probably around the 65BHP. Whereas the Yeti Greenline has 105BHP you should be fine.

Also the Astra has 94.4 lb-ft torque whereas the Yeti Greenline has 184 lb-ft Torque

Edited by Big Rich

Thank You Very Much Big Rich!

Your last post is going to get pinned on the wall as a reminder. i struggled to find that very information about the Astra even from the owners manual

The Greenline it is then.

Now ... how many years is it until June - even worse, probably December for delivery :sweat:

I hope the next two and a bit days rush by for you

Lee.

go to www.parkers.co.uk and click on Car reviews, used car reviews, input the make and model and facts and figures click search and then select the correct model from the list click on more info, then scroll down to performance

hope that helps

Ah! I didn't know if you were called Richard or you were very rich - perhaps both :)

Thank you, I shall have a look on Parker's website.

Best wishes, Lee.

36.7mpg in regular diving in a diesel! :o

Oh the joys of living in London.

That is my overall average, with probably 80% central South London driving. It is the 28-30mpg town driving that really kills my average mpg.

Driving fast I get about the same as my average.

On the motorway at 70mph, I get low 40's and at 60mph on the motorway about 48/50mpg.

Just your insurance company.....

Oh yes; just done.

As hoped for with Skoda Insurance, advised them that I'd had 'Greenline type' springs ;) fitted to lower the car and improve fuel consumption; TUV approved and fitted by Skoda dealer. Quick check with underwrites and approval was given, file noted and no extra charge. :thumbup:

That is my overall average, with probably 80% central South London driving. It is the 28-30mpg town driving that really kills my average mpg.

Driving fast I get about the same as my average.

On the motorway at 70mph, I get low 40's and at 60mph on the motorway about 48/50mpg.

I'm quite impressed with my 170 so far.

Had it a week, done 420 miles on a brand new engine and maxi-dot is indicating an average of 52mpg.

It could be a bit out, but the miles per tank is 600, at 300 I had a range of 300 and now at 420 I have a range of 185.

If it gets better as it wears in I'll be over the moon... or I'll start to go faster and get less. :D

Had it a week, done 420 miles on a brand new engine and maxi-dot is indicating an average of 52mpg.

It could be a bit out, but the miles per tank is 600, at 300 I had a range of 300 and now at 420 I have a range of 185.

If it gets better as it wears in I'll be over the moon... or I'll start to go faster and get less. :D

Impressive but its a new car, you must still be driving it like a Granny. :giggle:

170? I thought this was greenline 1.6.

My best ever was about 43mpg and I brake very gently....

In my defense I drive economically.

I just got shot of a Greenline Fabia 1.2 that I'd had for a year/20k miles and I averaged 72mpg in that worked out fill-to-fill.

And my commute is 80% open roads.

When I used my wife's 1.2 petrol DSG Yeti I could get about 48mpg out of that.

She could only get 42mpg. :)

I'll only get that if I don't accelerate, don't go up hills, don't drive around London and keep to the same speed.

I have seen 60+mpg on a 5 mile journey at 30mph on a flat road where I wasn't stopped by traffic lights and I was able to keep going without stopping.

Where I live, the best way out to the motorway is up a 10mpg (or less) hill.......either that or drive down the heavily congested A23 through Purley & Coulsdon - those in the London area will hear those place names on a regular basis :rofl:

By the way, I want a Greenline Yeti with a 7 speed DSG.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Ime in Shropshire on a 5 day holiday and have just passed the 1k mark in my greenline

I have to say the gearing is taking some getting used to I find ime in 4th gear for 80% of the time the 1.6 seems gutless at 45mph in 5th

And I've noticed ime driving slower because of this

If it's a 50mph speed limit I've always done 55 in 5th in all my other vw s

The yeti dosnt seem smooth or happy at 55 but 45 is nice to drive but ime in 4th all the time mind you mpg is good 64 average on the maxi and its on a mix of A and B roads

All I can say it's a big jump from 4th to 5th and the 5th gear is for motorways or 55mph +

Hi have been a "Diesel Freek" since 1980,

My "Snowman" is 3 years old, have not regretted purchase and regularuily average 700 Km to 50/55 L.

Disco 5 was also Magic, 385K when traded, "Snowman" will last me.

Edited by Gobmax

frglee, if you aren't ordering until May be aware the engine lineup is changing, for the better if you care about economy, maybe not if more performance orientated.

frglee was expecting to order his car in 2012! This is a very old thread....

Jim

Going back to the Greenline...

I just done a long trip 600 miles, fully loaded with gear & luggage 59.7 mpg.

Double check after refueling worked out at 58.5mpg.

I normally set my cruise to 80 mph & reset as I go.

This is by far the most economical car I have ever had. 1.6D

Nearest to this was my Yaris 1.4D 6 speed 4 up to Birmingham 57 mpg.

At one point in the journey, my max dot read 78 mpg. I was doing 65 mph on the motorway.

I wonder how frglee is getting on with his Yeti??

I've just done my second tank and was predicting 650 for my 10gallons soon dropped though as I passed the 500 mark I ended up with

542 with the fuel light on at 100 miles to go

Should have kept going but bottled out as I had a motorway coming up

Never done 80 yet ime happy at 2000 revs 65 ish

Very good mpg in 4th gear on the A roads though

Still noisey but looks cool ??????

I'm averaging consistently over 55mpg, doing a daily commute of 160 miles.

Happy with the Yeti, looking at a Octavia Greenline as a new motor, but keeping the Yeti as has been a great motor