Boot badges

Not cool mate - this is the first post made by this guy. :thumbdown:

Welcome to Briskoda Ian - feel free to ask away mate!

I agree nothing as bad as getting a smart comment on a question.

I'm considering these badges too but can't decide :(

tbh I didn't buy an FL for the newer boot badges but I don't like people changing such things. Likewise I shall not be getting the new Skoda badges I know some people will and want to but I would feel like a fraud. Best way to get FL badges IMO is to buy an FL.

Hi, my dad has an 07 vrs. Where can he get the fl model boot badges? Can he get them from skoda or is there any where else he can get them? Or does anyone have the part number for skoda?

Cheers

Welcome fella, can get them from skoda directly but im sure they are about £15 + a go for the vRS and the octavia badges. They do come up on ebay once in a while but i know super skoda are doing free delivery on a lot of the smaller stuff these days and here you go :)

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-II/Skoda-Octavia-II-09-RS-Facelift-original-rear-RS-emblem

I know some people aint a huge fan of super skoda, but i ordered the vrs gearknob insert off them the other day and no complaints.

tbh I didn't buy an FL for the newer boot badges but I don't like people changing such things. Likewise I shall not be getting the new Skoda badges I know some people will and want to but I would feel like a fraud. Best way to get FL badges IMO is to buy an FL.

Maybe people don't like the fl!

As I would agree with u on most cases about the badges in this case I don't see a problem because from the headlights back both cars are identical and it's not as if ur putting badges on something that it's not. It is a vrs.

Pah!

I've put the FL badges on the back of my pre-FL and did the FL rear light clusters too!

Cost was £15 for each badge :o

I did the Scout too and they come on special backing so are dead easy to line up...

IMG_1291.jpg

OctaviaFLBootBadgeBriskoda.jpg

• Like 2

Maybe people don't like the fl!

Then why would a person who doesnt like an FL copy the FL :think:

Pah!

I've put the FL badges on the back of my pre-FL and did the FL rear light clusters too!

Cost was £15 for each badge :o

As I said "IMO" personal thing just makes me cringe rear lights inc :@ my opinion is my own and its copyrighted FUBA®. Unfortunately for me people will continue to put new model bits on old models :giggle:. Rest assured when the Octavia 3 comes out I shall not be trying to turn any part of my car into it, if I want it that much I will just buy one.

Could be worse, you could spend the neck end of £20K on a vRS then only do 5,000 miles in it in two years. It doesn't really matter which badges you have on it if it spends its life in the garage :giggle:

Could be worse, you could spend the neck end of £20K on a vRS then only do 5,000 miles in it in two years. It doesn't really matter which badges you have on it if it spends its life in the garage :giggle:

lol mine wasnt anywhere near 20K new and I did 20% more than miles than that by time it was 1 year old :blush: (yesterday)

• Like 1

Then why would a person who doesnt like an FL copy the FL :think:

[/size]

As I said "IMO" personal thing just makes me cringe rear lights inc :@ my opinion is my own and its copyrighted FUBA®. Unfortunately for me people will continue to put new model bits on old models :giggle:. Rest assured when the Octavia 3 comes out I shall not be trying to turn any part of my car into it, if I want it that much I will just buy one.

But it's not a new model it's just a face lift to the front :) yes the mk3 will have a completely new body so I wouldn't put stuff for a mark 3 on a mk 2 if u get me!

Anyway I just might leave my original badges on yet :)

I just don't like the whole fl vs pre fl bull when there both near enough same car.

But it's not a new model it's just a face lift to the front :) yes the mk3 will have a completely new body so I wouldn't put stuff for a mark 3 on a mk 2 if u get me!

Anyway I just might leave my original badges on yet :)

I just don't like the whole fl vs pre fl bull when there both near enough same car.

Not near enough the same for some though :giggle: badges lights...... fair few quids worth to change over I just don't see the point, different antenna and wheels too the saying its only a face lift of the II .......... exactly its an Octavia II FL not an Octavia II, they are different in many ways just because 75% of the outside of the car is the same doesn't mean people like me wont look and shake head.

Not near enough the same for some though :giggle: badges lights...... fair few quids worth to change over I just don't see the point, different antenna and wheels too the saying its only a face lift of the II .......... exactly its an Octavia II FL not an Octavia II, they are different in many ways just because 75% of the outside of the car is the same doesn't mean people like me wont look and shake head.

I think it's a bit more than 75% :) iv nothing again the fl and I had the money to buy one but just preferred the power in the pd that was all,in 2 years I'll have no choice but buy a face lift.

I think it's a bit more than 75% :) iv nothing again the fl and I had the money to buy one but just preferred the power in the pd that was all,in 2 years I'll have no choice but buy a face lift.

In 2 years you will be looking good for the new Octavia!!!!! Fingers crossed.

Or I'll just buy urs and u can get the Octy 3 :)

Soon as I see a nice low mileage unmessed with Mk1 Furby VRS the Octy's ass is grass! Miss my old one what a car!

I like the badges and lights from the FL... May consider doing it myself, there is nothing wrong with doing something to your car to make it look better in your own opinion, I prefer the rear end on the FL but the front end wins it on the pre-FL for me... best of both worlds :D But if anyone de-badges there boot lid, you should be put down!

• Like 2

I like the badges and lights from the FL... May consider doing it myself, there is nothing wrong with doing something to your car to make it look better in your own opinion, I prefer the rear end on the FL but the front end wins it on the pre-FL for me... best of both worlds :D But if anyone de-badges there boot lid, you should be put down!

If you change yours for a short period of time it will be de badged so don't temp turn into someone you don't like :D

hahaha fair play, someone actually suggested to me that I de-badge mine at a skoda meet... I actually thought i had been sick a little bit, fair enough on other cars I done it to my golf and bora but why would anyone remove vRS badges, they look too cool!

Just because 75% of the outside of the car is the same doesn't mean people like me wont look and shake head.

Shake your head you might but my pre-FL vRS looks identical to yours from behind and mine cost me less than half yours did!

• Like 2

Shake your head you might but my pre-FL vRS looks identical to yours from behind and mine cost me less than half yours did!

You have the shorter antenna too and cloned my number plate>>>??? I am not impressed with that!

The cost of car is of no consequence as if you bought yours second hand then its likely to have been cheaper than mine brand new, not sure the point in that. Had I wanted a second hand PD I could have bought one if I bought a new FL at time obviously.

I reckon we should do a straight swap!

No you would only want it to put my badges on your scout or something :@ I have 4 years warranty left and 3 years before first MOT is due at moment it could be a good car to have long term if I decide to hold on to it. webuyanycar is offering me more than I paid for it a year ago so its tempting to just have had a free car and walk away :D