Tanker Strike Ballot.

leckman

See the scare stories have started-the tanker drivers strike ballot is announced tomorrow.Apparently £45000-00 a year is not a fair wage.I would gladly drive a tanker for that ammount of dosh.

Again another union trying to hold the country to ransom!

Bit like London Underground Drivers Large Bonus not to Strike during the Olimpics, plus more money to work longer shifts and come off there normal Diagrams, Blackmail or what

(Sits Down and await's the arrival of Roo)

• Like 1

If the ballot goes in favour of industrial action, I wonder how much support they will get from the public?

The army are being trained to deliver fuel http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/uk-17502973.

The government must be worried, not about how you're going to get to work, but how much tax they will lose each day if we can't buy fuel.

Well I for one will back the Tanker Drivers, I do say that our fuel is far to expensive and will only go up, so if the Tankers Strike it will be for the good, all the Drivers that moan and groan about the cost, but don't have the gonads to back it up. This could alter the way we are TAXed, then everyone would say they did a good job.

• Like 2

Well I for one will back the Tanker Drivers, I do say that our fuel is far to expensive and will only go up, so if the Tankers Strike it will be for the good, all the Drivers that moan and groan about the cost, but don't have the gonads to back it up. This could alter the way we are TAXed, then everyone would say they did a good job.

You are not a tanker driver by any chance?.

how will anyone but the union and tanker drivers benefit?

Please do share.

• Like 1

how will anyone but the union and tanker drivers benefit?

Please do share.

When planet earth would beneift, less CO2 in the air, more time until the poles melt and those on low land drown ie those in Bangladesh and SE England.

Would teach us to do without it for a while. Work from home more or do less travelling ie fewer but longer days or stagger our work so we do not al travel at peak times and spend much of out time in traffic jams.

They are exercising their right to withdraw their labour, also means less PAYE and Excise duty going to the Exchequer.

If no one bought petrol on Friday they would give it away on Saturday because they would have no where to store to.

W don't store petrol/diesel any more, what is made to day burns tomorrow, sort of

Nonsense.

How full do you think your average forecourt is even at peaks? Most never see 60% capacity, and storage facilities also run below capacity in case they have a need to stockpile.

All not buying does is ramp up prices for when you go back on Saturday or Sunday so the treasury and oil companies never lose. As if either needs an excuse anyway.

Nonsense.

How full do you think your average forecourt is even at peaks? Most never see 60% capacity, and storage facilities also run below capacity in case they have a need to stockpile.

All not buying does is ramp up prices for when you go back on Saturday or Sunday so the treasury and oil companies never lose. As if either needs an excuse anyway.

So how about if no one bought petrol/diesel for a week then?

So how about if no one bought petrol/diesel for a week then?

If capacity became that full, they'd stop refining. Prices would rise because of BS about costs of stopping and restarting production.

But as hauliers and business use account for such a high portion of use, your week of non buying will never happen. You'd be lucky to make 2 days.

I assume your train is all electric as well? Either way bets are majority of your passengers couldn't get to a station to use your train without fuel in either their own car, bus or taxi.

D15VRS is not a Tanker Driver. Just a Driver who is tired of being RIPPED off with Tax. Hauliers have their own Tanks so would use them as back up. No Fuel deliveries equals empty Forecourts. Empty Forecourts equals no TAX, how long would it be before the Goverment sat down to review the Burden it is inflicting on its subjects. If you do not stand up to be counted just sit there and say nothing. It seems a case of I'm all right ruck you Jack.

Edited by D15VRS

Matt they have already took money from the NHS. I'm not saying that it is this Goverment the others would be the same. You cannot say that putting Fags up by 37pence per packet is going to make more TAX. If they do not want people to smoke BAN it. How many people buy boot leg fags NO TAX there. I guess more people will now. I foresee BOOZE CRUISES coming back, Oh no TAX there either then.

My favourite saying that the Goverment keeps spouting is (that we are all in this together) how does this work they do not pay for fuel, they are allowed to smoke in their Bar Oh drinks are discounted also.

D15VRS is not a Tanker Driver. Just a Driver who is tired of being RIPPED off with Tax. Hauliers have their own Tanks so would use them as back up. No Fuel deliveries equals empty Forecourts. Empty Forecourts equals no TAX, how long would it be before the Goverment sat down to review the Burden it is inflicting on its subjects. If you do not stand up to be counted just sit there and say nothing. It seems a case of I'm all right ruck you Jack.

You did have to buy fuel during the last blockade didnt you? Hardly an empty forecourt anywhere.

Where will the supermarkets and their suppliers get their fuel to get food to the stores?

It's not about being I'm alright jack. My monthly fuel bill for the works car would make you cringe. My employer has to pay that every month, and it's rising every fill up. Unless I travel between clients the company doesnt make money, so where would I get fuel in your eutopia? If I cant get fuel, then will I still get paid, will my employer fold? Would yours?

Unless you have a viable alternative to fuel then the dont buy/blockade stance will never work.

No Fuel deliveries equals empty Forecourts. Empty Forecourts equals no TAX,

And how long will they be empty for? If Joe Public doesn't buy on day 1 he will on day 2 or 3.

• Like 2

I think they deserve every penny of £45k

They're not just pasty eating big fat blokes. Fuel truckers are very qualified individuals responsible for an enormous amount of highly combustible liquids. If you had several thousand gallons of fuel sat behind you (akin to a rocket to the Moon) you'd expect to be well paid and as a motorist, hope they're eye doesn't go 'off the ball' worrying about not being paid what they're due.

How many soldiers and how many tanker drivers are there are the Government has cut the Armed Services so much I doubt they have the capacity.

It will probably just London that get fuel and the rest can go **** themselves.

Must learn to fill the expansion tank and get the Jerry can out which can take 20 litres but also keep those tanks filled up in both the cars and the motorbikes and the cans.

Apparently there are only 8,500 fuel stations compared t0 14,500 last time and they keep their stocks lower as the the cost of stock is so much the BBC appears to be suggesting to get out there and buy it whilst there is stll fuel to buy!?!

Edited by lol

If a strike is declared then people just stockpile in advance. Or panic buy,

It won't really effect long term sales at all.

We need 4000 litres per week, strike or not.