fuel consumption

My mk 1 1.9 tdi 90bhp averages about 60mpg, 10 gallon tank, so basic maths about 560 from fully brimmed to reserve beep and light. though my daily commute is about 50 miles, most of which is at about 60mph, with some urban mixed in. really need to know what engine uv got ...

My mk 1 1.9 tdi 90bhp averages about 60mpg, 10 gallon tank, so basic maths about 560 from fully brimmed to reserve beep and light. though my daily commute is about 50 miles, most of which is at about 60mph, with some urban mixed in. really need to know what engine uv got ...

its also a mk1 1.9 tdi 110,thanks man.. Edited by abla

My 130 PD (plus tuning box) manages 490 miles to 48 litres happily. Depends on driving style, where you drive, etc.

Around town, I get 42mpg. Open road, 51. Commuting 3 miles, 44. Motorway, anywhere between 42 and 49, depends how much loud pedal goes in. ;)

Martin sees 745miles to a tank in his 130l&k he slips it in to his txts now and then to rub it in (I moan about my Vrs) lol

How is that even possible, does he get out and push?! Although when I got mine I was barely scraping 40mpg overall... Martin's a bloody black belt at this...

I can't resist telling everyone that I've twice now managed to get 41mpg from my 1.8T VRS (that's brimming the tank method - the dash display said a bit more than that). The fuel light came on after about 420 miles. This was driving at between 60-70mph for 400 miles. Generally though I get low 30s in mixed driving.

I used to have a Mk4 Golf PD130 and that easily did 600 to a tank. The most I got out of that was 660 between fills but the fuel light still hadn't come on at that point I reckon it would have made it to 700 miles from 55 litres. Loved that car.

Edited by OU51

How is that even possible, does he get out and push?! Although when I got mine I was barely scraping 40mpg overall... Martin's a bloody black belt at this...

Well i know that i drove home one night/morning after a night shift, and specifically did not allow the speedo above 50mph. by the time i got home, 50mls give or take, the trip avg mpg was at 84 to the gallon... i did it just to see how it would go. that a theoretical 840 miles to the 10gall tank...

Just drove home from work having brimmed the tank in me deezal, was in slow traffic, no more than 55mph for the duration and the range computer told me i was good for 845miles, having driven 10 mls from the station... that was a pleasant surprise after the bulk of a ****ty week at work! i also tossed a bottle of engine wash/octane booster in with the refuel, may have helped with the range?

I get a good 550 easily from my 1.9 TDi 110.

My onboard trip computer suggests I should get 640 miles to a tank (when full), I normally recon to get at least 600. Most of this is twisty A roads to work with a passenger too.

I filled up on Monday, and again this morning (used about half a tank for 2 trips to work and one trip else where), checked the receipt and that works out at 56mpg. I will have to try driving slower next time :angel:

I do a regular 40 mile drive on A roads and tend to get around 61/62MPG driving normally at 60MPH.

I once drove the same route driving abnormally carefully (driving like grandma on empty roads) and got 66MPG.

A group of us have the same car of similar age/mileage and they do vary in MPG on the same route. Mine seems to do best. MPGs measured brim-to-brim. Speed measured by SatNav.