VRS Lowering

Hello,

I am thinking of lowering my VRS:

VRS.jpg

I know this has been covered many times but I'm new to all this - a mate at work who is also on this forum and who has a heavily modded Fabia VRS has recommended these:

Eibach 30mm Pro Lowering Suspension Springs

http://www.dpmperfor...2ecd4cc8f775c15

I don't want to spend a fortune, ie don't want to go to the expense of new shocks or coilovers.

Just wondered if anybody has experience of this product on a VRS estate in particular:

- ride quality/stiffness/crashiness/overall satisfaction etc etc

At the end of the day it's still got to perform as a family car, with two kids in the back plus a boot full of stuff so I don't want to destroy the handling.

Thanks in advance,

Rick.

Good choice mate, but I think the -30mm is the drop from a non vRS, unless they have changed the Eibachs generally offer a -20mm from standard. I have PI springs which are -30mm and it sits very nice, the only criticism is it can be a bit bouncy, but VAG cars are notoriously over sprung and under dampered!

Bluevrs has the same springs as me and has fitted Koni FSD fitted and he considers the ride quality/comfort to be sublime!

Yes if you only change your springs you will be like Tigger boing boing boing all down the road , get some Koni fsd`s as well, the ride is MUCH better than oem then, and handles flat too! :rock:

OK thanks for the advice, seems like just springs might be a bad idea...

So, let's assume I can stretch the budget a bit further and considering my make of car, what options would people recommend please?

ie coilovers? or springs and damper combo's? and which one's?

I'll be lowering my (non Vrs) Octavia Estate - hopefully this week - on Skoda / Eibach springs using the standard shocks.

I'll update this thread with info following their fitment, but this is the first time I have heard anyone say about excessive bouncing with this combo!

I can understand why this might happen and that aftermarket / sport specific shocks would be better, but I'm hoping that the standard ones are going to be OK and not too bouncy for the roads around Herefordshire.

i had mine lowered with the eibach springs a couple of days ago.  very happy with finish & the ride.

however i have one problem - my xenons r now pointing slightly downwards, i.e. the throw has been reduced.

the self-levelling is doing this cause its detecting the front is sitting lower than the back.

i've got it booked at the dealers to get the the headlights realigned.  unfortunately i gotta wait 2 weeks before they can do it.

anyone else had this issue?  lowering with factory fit xenons.

was the dealer able to easily realign them?eibach_0685.jpgeibach_0684.jpg

Edited by JR RS

In my experience if you're going to do it, get the matching shocks to go with the springs. The engineers that develop and tune the suspension admittedly have to do it on a budget in most cases so you can get marked improvements with better quality aftermarket components, however, these guys know a thing or 2 about spring and damper rates, rebound rates etc. The car might look better on lowering springs but a poor match between spring and damping could ruin what's already a really sweet handling car. That extra £300 might not seem like a lot when you're bouncing down the road....

I've had just the eibachs fitted for over 2 years now and done over 20k on them. Don't let people put you off, the ride is absolutely fine, no issues at all.

The wife and kids certainly never complained.

• Like 1

Good thread I always follow these closely as I would like mine lowered to its proper height but ........... I haven't anyone find insurance a problem after? Much of a hike?

• Like 1

I've had just the eibachs fitted for over 2 years now and done over 20k on them. Don't let people put you off, the ride is absolutely fine, no issues at all.

The wife and kids certainly never complained.

I tend to agree with this, I think my ride is only bouncy because it is a touch lower and PI springs are not as good as Eibach.

I had mine fitted with new drop links and anti-roll bar bushes and 4 wheel alighnment for 225 ,by the wat nobafett mine will be 10mm lower than yours, it was ok just tootling around but giving it beens round a twisty moor road it bounced. The ride is now like a limousine!, even my mate, standard diesel facelift was well impressed

I didn't like mine with FSDs + ebachs so i took them off. I know the newer versions are meant to be better but i would not go with konis again.

If you look at the cost of say, fsd plus eibach you're at similar money to AP or Weitec coilovers. I know where i'd spend my money.

:)

How much are we looking at to have them fitted?

Just been quoted £175 by Midland VW including VAT and laser alignment. Pretty good deal I think (I got the springs cheap on eBay and will be taking them across).

Coilovers are way too harsh with british roads

Not quite as straight forward as that. Yes, they can be uncomfortable on some roads when wound down to a height that looks good, but if you run them higher they're really quite comfortable.

I want to lower the VRS aswell and I have been doing a bit of reading.

I am currently looking at the Eibach Pro kit (E10-79-004-04-22). This is the same kit that Skoda (used to) deliver to lower the VRS from de dealers.

From a UK site; http://www.dcperform...-004-04-22.html

They drop the VRS an extra 20mm.

@ JR RS; which Eibachs are they ? Looks nice, just the right height.

Just been quoted £175 by Midland VW including VAT and laser alignment. Pretty good deal I think (I got the springs cheap on eBay and will be taking them across).

Well I'm 33,000 miles into my std shocks and Eibach combo. What can I say? The ride is superior to that of the time I had the vRS standard.

There is no body roll in any condition I've noticed and my car tests pretty much all roads from fast, sweeping country lanes to speed bumps and building sites proving the height isn't intrusive.

I do however have 15mm rear spacers as the wheels looked a little lost in the arches once lowered.

ps Midland VW did mine and are a fantastic outfit

DSCF6550.jpg

Edited by Moley RUFC
  • Like 2