Phone Wars !

Spudhoolio

WP7 - to throw any suggestion into the mix. I have had one for nearly a year and I have no major complaints. Obviously there are less apps about, but quality over quantity....

and here we go yet another thread about which phone is best.........queue everyone willy waving whatever brand they have being better than the others.... :zzz:

• Like 1

and here we go yet another thread about which phone is best.........queue everyone willy waving whatever brand they have being better than the others.... :zzz:

and on this occasion my comment that a Samsung Android phone was very good was met with a counter proposal to get something android instead!

and on this occasion my comment that a Samsung Android phone was very good was met with a counter proposal to get something android instead!

Huh? But they're both Android.

Just anything Android will do... better than iPhone anyway :giggle:

I love the iPhone, it's harware and software,

I hate Apples business model, itunes, apps store etc.

I like the idea of free Android apps and root kits etc.

I think you've got it in one there.

I have always loved their computers and I do, honestly, think the iPhone is a good phone and certainly set a benchmark for the rest of the smarphones but I really hate how you feel tied down to using all of their software etc which for me really does spoil it and probably puts a lot of people off getting iPhones.

I love the openess and customization of Android and can't see myself changing to anything else anytime soon.

Phil

Not too sure what you are doing but my old iPhone(now moved on) wasn't tied down to any Apple software. :wonder: Apps are just as varied, probably more so, than Android.

Both great operating systems, cant go wrong with either, all high end versions of the phones are a similar price(at release), its just Android ones get heavily discounted pretty quickly.

Not too sure what you are doing but my old iPhone(now moved on) wasn't tied down to any Apple software. :wonder: Apps are just as varied, probably more so, than Android.

Both great operating systems, cant go wrong with either, all high end versions of the phones are a similar price(at release), its just Android ones get heavily discounted pretty quickly.

So you use a third party program to put all your music on your phone etc?

How did you activate your phone in the first place too?

And agreed... depends what you want from a phone. The iPhone is better from a "it just works" point of view without much messing about to get things as you want.

Phil

So you use a third party program to put all your music on your phone etc?

How did you activate your phone in the first place too?

And agreed... depends what you want from a phone. The iPhone is better from a "it just works" point of view without much messing about to get things as you want.

Phil

I have no problems with iTunes and had it long before the phone and still use it now I don't have an iPhone, hardly a convincing anti Apple argument.

Other than some extra fannying around ability with Android they both do the same things anyway. :)

so the consensus is choice is good, both platforms are excellent with pros and cons (pro for android being tariffs tend to be cheaper, phone can be heavily adapted and customised, especially if you root it, widgets etc), pros for apple being style and ease of use (since the interface is pretty standardised and easy to use for novices).

Having said that my 5 year old son has no issues using my HTC Desire, my Samsung Galaxy SII (amazing phone), my wife's HTC wildfire, and my Motorola Xoom. Franky if a 5 year old can master it I thin the "ease of use" argument can be applie to Androids too :rofl:

I'd like the new Motorola but none of the fcking networks will carry it

#

Galaxy S3 due soon - should be good. Not a moto but I have been seriously impressed by the S2.

I miss having battery life. This week, I started the day at 6.30 am each day. Three days out of five, I had to change batteries by midday because they were totally drained.

If these are smartphones, you can feckin' keep them. I miss my Sony Ericsson and its 5,000 year battery life. :(

Best of both.... Jailbreak an iPhone, all the free apps and customisation of android in an iPhone. Boom! Problem sorted ;-)...

Of course, just my opinion lol

I miss having battery life. This week, I started the day at 6.30 am each day. Three days out of five, I had to change batteries by midday because they were totally drained.

If these are smartphones, you can feckin' keep them. I miss my Sony Ericsson and its 5,000 year battery life.

I agree, I travel A lot so this is a big issue for me. My Samsung tends to last two days but the HTC can only manage a day and a half.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Think I'll get myself an iPhone 3S off e-bay and apply the jailbreak hack and try to put an Android OS on it.

Unlock it and stick me PAYG sim card in it.

Might learn something in the process

I have this bad boy

440x330-c201_01.jpg

Has a clock, sends texts and makes phone calls. All that AND about 18 days standby time. Its the dogs *******s. B)

I have this bad boy

440x330-c201_01.jpg

Has a clock, sends texts and makes phone calls. All that AND about 18 days standby time. Its the dogs *******s. B)

So do I ;) - It's very good phone - does all the things I expect from a phone ie. makes and receives phone calls.

The works mobile (w7) runs out of juice in a couple of days.- less if you actually use it.

If I need to go away for a few days I just take my 10 years old Nokia 6310i. The best phone ever, it does everything plus the battery last 5 to 7 days with use...... they don't make them like this any more :rock:

nokia-6310i-black.jpg

Edited by Padrino