Ibiza Cupra GTi - New ride

Tech1e

Had it up in the air yesterday and think I've found the root cause of the first gear issue. The selector rod passes through a bracket on the back of the gearbox, there should be a bush that the rod goes through, it's long since gone. So when you move the gear lever it takes the play up in the linkage first before then moving the relay linkage. New bush required, wondering if they do a repair kit for the lot like you can get from VW for the Golf when they get slack, interesting.

8e000abe.jpg

Wheels all passed the first stage of prep. All flatted back and any corrosion removed. There are a few knocks in then so plan to etch primer them and see what's what. Then fill any blemishes and re primer then top coat. Got an interesting plan for colour scheme which if it goes to plan should look nice. Then get some new 195/50 15 tyres which are a nice cheap size to get hold of luckily enough.

Little more done on the wheel front.

Caps, collars and nuts all etch primed, the white primer so top coat will be nice and bright

30a1b3f9.jpg

db7f6d78.jpg

Wheels now been etch primed, just a little repair work to do on one wheel

a5e3d02d.jpg

8d710121.jpg

Just need to leave them now to dry and harden. Then repair the one wheel, then white primer like the caps and paint them up.

• Like 2

I'm liking the colour scheme on the wheels, should look great. Cars in top nick too last time I looked at it, very tidy for the age.

Any progress with the 1.8T lump? Also can I buy the rear caliper helper springs from your work?

Edited by redcupraboy

I do love a Mk2 Ibiza. Not sure about your wheels, but then my Ibiza is Kiwi so it doesn't need any more colour http://www.seatcupra...ad.php?t=238136. It'll be good to see some pictures when you have fitted the wheels.

Last wheel finished. Tyres are at work so will get them fitted Monday. Also got a few nice bits and bobs, got some coil overs on the way and some poly top mounts as the standard ones are shagged. 20mm rear spacers are waiting to go on too which sould help the back end as they are quite narrow as standard (mk3 golf front end, mk4 polo rear).

8495f7a1.jpg

And also got a green induction kit from a fellow member. Needs a little adapting although it's ment for this car. Need a mounting bracket to secure the filter and somewhere to put the inlet air temp so I'm thinking a longer adapter to bolt onto the MAF and then drill a hole in the side and slide it in.

8675706d.jpg

• Like 1

that...is an ex-bush.

Would deffo explain its occasional reluctance to engage 1st.

with induction kits, coilovers, crazy wheels and fixes to the problems i never really investigated it's gunna be sweet.

At this rate i'll be buying back when your fabia is ready ;)

• Like 1