Ibiza Cupra GTi - New ride

Tech1e

They are all yellow, didn't want to given Cliff a nervous breakdown trying to sort that lot out.

Fair enough. :D

Still looking good though. Wasn't sure on the alloys at first but the more i've seen them, the more they've grown on me. :thumbup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

lol, fancy giving my 6KV a clean?

576501_3793361227675_1086496448_33592573_1423370619_n.jpg

*yes I like being a pic whore!

How come pretty much everything you do seems to always end up a minter? you have some serious skill on your side I think!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well Friday last week the inevitable happened and the pedal box snapped. Balls, didn't have tIme to get one sorted before Inters so Cheryl's Arosa got the full detail treatment intended for the Ibiza, came up well bless it.

ffad1e4e.jpg

Had a great day out but as I've been at Skoda all week the poor Ibiza has just been sat motionless. However I was in at work today, the pedal box I ordered during the week had turned up so I thought I'd at least have a look tonight, maybe finish tomorrow as they can be a right ****** when they want to be. Had the forethought during the week to order a set of special tools for the job.

df3150e0.jpg

14" long cold chisel, the steering column has to come out and that's held in by shear bolts which can be an arse as getting in there can be tricky, not so with this bad boy. Couple of whumps and voila

a8758f73.jpg

a095c43f.jpg

Obi was helping

63fb5b55.jpg

Everything went perfectly and got done in just under two hours. No need to flap around after work tomorrow now which is good news.

In the nicest possible way Ross i'm glad it happened to you as your a millions times more capable to deal with it than i ever would have been!

Bummer that it meant it missed Inters though.

Two hours is pretty impressive for an awkward job, but it can be done without taking the column out. When I did mine I didn't have the foresight to get a 14" cold chisel, so I just detached the column at the bottom joint and that gave enough clearance to get the pedal box around it, once I had removed the plastic clutch cable guide. Did you reinforce the new pedal box before you put it in?

• 1 month later...