Rising oil level

Are u sure ur checking it on the same level and same engine temp every time as both these factors give lots of false readings.

There the sort of dipstick that very hard get a proper reading every time.

In some cars it's best check when cold.

This is complete myth is you ask me, yes dont check it seconds after you have been belting down the motorway or something but leaving the car stood on level surface for minimum of 30mins will give a correct reading. You have to think the oil is not stone cold when you check it after you do an oil change is it?

In my opinion the dipstick gives an accurate reading, tbh its going to have to, theres no other way of knowing!

Thanks for the advice Pete, im with RAC (from Skoda) and AA with my Bank. The car went into a local Skoda dealer a few month back to have the excess drained out, this will be on the system wouldt it? (im useless for dates ect!)

RAC are coming out to take my baby away :(

Rung dealership today, told them what the story was but they could not get me booked in till the 25th. So they said ring Skoda assist as you do not want to driving a car with a high level as this may lead to further damage. Fine by me! Getting loan car dropped off at some point, why does the object of a different car to your own excite? :)

That's a good start , at least it's being attended to, seriously tho start a diary of who said what etc. with names, years ago had a Delta turbo back 13 times till it was discovered the gearbox mount was perished, bloody thing went where it liked, learned to deal with em then, nobody likes being responsible and if you can say , "mr Smith , told me on the 11th" etc it helps.

Thanks Pete yeah ill keep a record.

One thing i dont understand is iv had a number of phone calls from Skoda assist asking me which garage id like my car to go to, i said the closest possible, turns out its going to the garage iv just rang in Middlesbrough, whom said they cannot fit me in till the 25th...

Never mind hopfully she will be fixed

Print off this thread and leave it on the passenger seat ;)

That wouldn't work here, dealers hate forums and say never look at them lol

Come on guys stop letting the pd side down cause that's all that seems to be ever on here :(

Far from it, my local Skoda dealer mentioned Briskoda to me before I even knew about it.

I was also told that one of their sales team was given the responsibility of monitoring the forums too!

Saying that though I have also been told by them 'not to believe everything you read on forums' but only when it suits them :giggle:

When I have called SUK twice I have had them referring to had I been on "a certain forum I cannot name" to which I reply "Yes im always on Briskoda" :p it never seems to please them somehow!

Come on guys stop letting the pd side down

The 2.0 PD seems to let itself down time and time again :p Bring back the 1.9 PD it was the reliable daddy!

Far from it, my local Skoda dealer mentioned Briskoda to me before I even knew about it.

I was also told that one of their sales team was given the responsibility of monitoring the forums too!

Saying that though I have also been told by them 'not to believe everything you read on forums' but only when it suits them :giggle:

Haha was i told the opersite by DM Keith, dont go on Briskoda, there idiots...obviously i ignored!

The 2.0 PD seems to let itself down time and time again :p Bring back the 1.9 PD it was the reliable daddy!

Wrong! All the PD engines has been just as unreliable as the last!

Tbh all VAG diesels are rubbish when it comes to reliability but i wouldt have anything else, strangely :think:

Wrong! All the PD engines has been just as unreliable as the last!

Tbh all VAG diesels are rubbish when it comes to reliability but i wouldt have anything else, strangely :think:

Not according to us idiots on Briskoda :p

Hmm did you get the name of the employee that said that? If Mr Keith thinks we're idiots he wouldn't offer a forum discount. Think he'll be very interested in who told you and it might be worth you sending him an email

Sent from my GT-I9100. Not a Crapple!

Hmm did you get the name of the employee that said that? If Mr Keith thinks we're idiots he wouldn't offer a forum discount. Think he'll be very interested in who told you and it might be worth you sending him an email

hear hear!

Could easily point him out, dont remember names. Looks like Boris Johnson? haha unlucky but true!

Sure the 2.0 is basically the same as the 1.9, it's just all the aux parts that can give bother,ie dpf and turbos etc.

The cr isn't the daddy ether as acording to recent treads there starting to give bother too as they get on a bit. The cr just had a way better dpf system.

Might be worth sending the big boss an email on it. I know when I complained about the parts person refusing to give me a part number on a weekend due to me despitey needing a part he sent me an apology and offered a free valet plus disciplined the guy who I haven't seen since

Sure the 2.0 is basically the same as the 1.9, it's just all the aux parts that can give bother,ie dpf and turbos etc.

The cr isn't the daddy ether as acording to recent treads there starting to give bother too as they get on a bit. The cr just had a way better dpf system.

Exactly!

Sure the 2.0 is basically the same as the 1.9, it's just all the aux parts that can give bother,ie dpf and turbos etc

the CR is near 4 years on the means streets now and at 4 years we saw a lot more issues with the 2.0PD cars (as in 2.0PD defining the car not specifically the block)

I reckon Lightcliffe in Warrington use the vacuum pump method. They did the last 2 changes on mine (before I purchased it). I did my own just after I bought the car, removed the engine tray and found the 'missing' bonnet clip and also that it was splattered in grease. Looking around I found all the bolts on the innner driveshaft coupling were bloody loose. The DMF/clutch was done by Lightcliffe at 82,000 and then they 'serviced' the car again at 95,000. I did the oil change at 107,000 and found the loose bolts. Not done up properly or just not done at all I don't know but you would think if they did the oil drain the 'old fashioned way' that they would have noticed the grease on the tray at 95,000 and investigated. On the subject of the oil change on the 2.0PD,it isn't exactly straight forward getting the oil filter out FFS. Having to undo a bracket and then the cap only just comes out is a bit of a daft design.

Could easily point him out, dont remember names. Looks like Boris Johnson? haha unlucky but true!

Andy. He used to be on the service desk and was swiftly moved 'out the back' :giggle: