DRL LED lights modification to mk2 pre face lift

I'm not gonna get involved in the argument but seriously gents, if you've got a problem then a simple pm works a treat!

Its already sorted ;)

Hope he does the same for me, so i don't have to explain every post i make....gets a little tedious....feel sorry for the OP tbh. Only trying to help....which i hope it has with my Pics and also Pagey's pics showing the differences, or should i say similarities when fitted right :thumbup:

I'm keeping out of this one. Very difficult to show intensity and colours in photographs.

As i said, very difficult to photograph with lens flare, metering and white balance, but kind of gives you an idea compared to pagey's hopefully.

Only trying to help....which i hope it has with my Pics

Because my post was of no use use was it?

Funny how you always post after me JRW?

Oh, and the only reason you posted pics was to prove me wrong, sad really.

I've never really looked in detail at the DRLs, but would assume that peak luminous intensity will be on axis and therefore when you bend down in front of the car they will be brighter. Both posts were helpful, just those in the middle less so ;-)

• Like 1

Because my post was of no use use was it?

Funny how you always post after me JRW?

Oh, and the only reason you posted pics was to prove me wrong, sad really.

Final post on this:

- I actually agreed with your post and corrected you on one part

- No i don't actively wait for you to post, i don't get to spend all day on here to be the first to reply to every post so coincidently it will happen that you have replied before me.....How often have i actually quoted any of your posts (cambelt arguement excepted)?

- I would have posted at least one pic of my DRL's and was going to post one to show them dimming with the headlights on but decided not to bother being as the OP wants to fit aftermarkets.

Finally, it is rather sad, that you think i follow you and make an effort to get your back up on this forum. Funnily enough, I have better things to do with my life and the main function of this forum for me, as i would hope everyone else is to gleen advice and ideas from people for anything Skoda and otherwise related and enjoy the banter and have a laugh....It is also a great way to kill time when i spend half my life waiting for PC's to do their thing. Probably 70% of my posts are made from the mobile version of this site so it isn't always easiest to format posts how i would like and post links and pics to back up my posts so sometimes may come across as offish or sharp, but i always try to go back and edit them when i get onto a full browser (hence why you probably see a lot of 'edited by.....' on my posts). Unfortunately when i get a bee in my bonnet about things, i am like a dog with a bone, i will not let go. This is a disadvantage of a forum, you don't know me just as much as i don't know you so we make assumptions (often wrongly) of the other person and form an opinion, which you clearly have of me. I don't form opinion on people on forums anymore unless it is made personal (asking me to get my eyes checked for example)....This really gets my back up, hence leading up to the ignore.

Hope this has gone some way to explain.

/back to the OP :think:

Unfortunately when i get a bee in my bonnet about things, i am like a dog with a bone, i will not let go. This is a disadvantage of a forum, you don't know me just as much as i don't know you so we make assumptions (often wrongly) of the other person and form an opinion, which you clearly have of me.

Don't I know it. On another recent cambelt thread, I stopped posting and made a point of mentioning I wasn't going to post anymore. You then went on to say I was a complete fool happy that you had the last word.

If my comment on your eyesight got your back up then think for one moment what it felt like being called a fool. If you can't take it then don't dish it out in the first place.

:think: :think: :think: :think:

speechless

Edited by Dallan
  • Like 1

With pre-facelift models, instead of having to mess about getting aftermarket DRLs to look decent, why not simply get the car plugged into VCDS and switch on either Scandinavian or North American DRLs via the options already there???? So much simpler, and uses existing lighting on the vehicle.

Mike

Can u explain this a bit more? Does it just turn on existing fog lights all the time? Sure we can just switch them on!in America are the fogs on a vrs on all the time?

They both used dipped headlights, 'Scandinavian' has them come on with the ignition and turns on side lights, tail lights and the number plate lights too.

The NA setting turns on dipped headlights only (and may be side lights too?) when the handbrake is released and turns them off when the handbrake is applied.

• Like 1

Don't I know it. On another recent cambelt thread, I stopped posting and made a point of mentioning I wasn't going to post anymore. You then went on to say I was a complete fool happy that you had the last word.

If my comment on your eyesight got your back up then think for one moment what it felt like being called a fool. If you can't take it then don't dish it out in the first place.

Please link? Only i have looked back as best i can through my posts to April '10 and can't see any posts from me containing the word fool.....apart from this one now of course!

:think:

As i said, you have got my back up and unfortunately email subs still show the posts.

Link?

Ah lads come on ye are like kids fighting over a candy bar :)

tit for tat, want some evidence now and i will then apoligise or await apology :wonder:

Agreed, enough is enough. I haven't got the energy to search back through the zillions of cambelt threads. Trying searching for idiot or something equally unpleasant.

Agreed, enough is enough. I haven't got the energy to search back through the zillions of cambelt threads. Trying searching for idiot or something equally unpleasant.

Nope, have looked and i can fail to find any personal insult or unpleasant words towards you. As i said, please link or retract your comment.

Mike, does this mean that the headlights are on just before/during the engine being started?

I'm a little obsessed with reducing the start-up load on the battery (hence not a big fan of coming/leaving home and auto/tunnel lights) so would be constantly worrying about battery life :giggle:

I've noticed on some cars that as you start the engine the lights go out and then come back on when the engine has started rather than just dimming/flickering as the starter motor saps all the power.

I'm guessing with modern car batteries it's less of a problem these days though...

Edited by silver1011

Guest Tim31

I agree with jrw.

When you view the DRL from different angles they look dim.

Silver does 30000 mIles a year though why is that relevant to the brightness of DRL?

Grow up!!!

Edited by Tim31

Jay-sus, one or two posts since my last one..............

Another option for you firemike to save a lot of time and hassle, if you are only wanting DRL's to 'get yourself seen' then fit a set of LED side lights and run with them on all the time. If you want to 'get yourself seen' with the cool factor, go for my DRL's.........:thumbup:

Thanks for contributing to the post there Tim, taking sides really shows off your maturity too.

I've never claimed to be an expert on DRL's - simply that I've seen enough of them to know that they aren't blinding, bright yes.

Fella's, this is getting a bit out of hand now, Mike's simple and harmless post has degenerated in to a slagging match, but as he seems to have got all the information needed perhaps it's time to move on from this.....

Time to lock it up mods? :yes:

Guest Tim31

Taking sides haha.

We are not in school!!!!

I have a VRS facelift with DRL and I agree with JRW. They do not look the same at every angle that's it. No arguments every other person on here with a facelift VRS with DRL will probably tell you the same.

You need to stop posting on this thread because you are showing yourself up. You sound pathetic, you sound childish.

I didn't say they did at 'every angle'?

I said they still look as bright when not viewed straight on. Stand a little to the side and they still look bright.

Take an aftermarket DRL and they look much dimmer as soon as you move away from the straight on position.

This is the difference and this was the reason I suggest I'd prefer OEM to aftermarket.

How about you stop posting as you haven't yet contributed to this thread in any way shape or form other than to accuse someone you don't know of being pathetic.