Luke's Fabia TDI - Furry Flocked Goodness!

lukeanderson31

although im sad because my cars off the road, i'll put this up because the smoke amused me, this was on tickover and got progressively worse when the revs were raised

null_zpsc5fb3558.jpg

an issue with my injector loom highlighted an error in my timing belt tensioners fitting, if that makes sense, and im guessing by running on 3 put more strain on my engine caused my timing to slip. in turn, my car has spat its dummy out again.

timings all sorted and now its burning abit of oil, so compression test next week to see if ive damaged a valve or anything. im told the engine runs sweet as a nut otherwise, and if you couldn't see the smoke, you'd think the same so unsure of the problem :/ only smokes on revs, but its definitely not diesel smoke as it doesn't burn your eyes or anything like diesel does.

also took the rturn pipe off the pump and the fuel is dirty, like oil. so I would think theyre mixing somewhere

anybody got any ideas or had similar problems then let me know, its currently a mystery to me :(

luke

• 2 weeks later...

problems all sorted :) bad batch of fuel by the looks of things. came out like tar coloured. flush out and new filter all is good

need a new clutch for full power, this ones slipping its tits off when mapped up so its staying 200bhp until after Christmas I think

• 4 weeks later...

so had my fair share of issues of the past few weeks. had a camshaft position sensor fail, which somehow allowed my car to take 13 teeth out of my new timing belt :( both replaced. all is hunky dory again.

also banged some white steelies on. fancied a change and the gti alloys weren't cutting it anymore. painted a set of mirrors white to match amd tie the colour in aswell.

im on the look out for some OZ Superturismo's I think. either 16" or 17"

also went back to 195/50's from 205/50's on the 15's

craving more power.....................................

also picked up another vrs front bumper from a member on here, slight damage but at least the clips are all fine. this has already been big mouth'd so going to get it all painted and on for next years show season. need to get to a few more shows and meet some of you guys, I only managed inters and UD last year :(

few piccies, those who follow me on instagram will already have seen these, if not, follow me !! aha Lukeanderson31 ;)

null_zps7cb7a8ab.jpg

null_zpsbe18e93a.jpg

boom, that's all for now :)

edit: strangely my car is clean here for once :p

Got my own business fitting washroom equipment so was there today, gets abit boring but its good money and I get to go to some cool places. I did all the olympics, Arsenal and West Ham and stuff. Is yours up and running now then? Think I would of ended up with a shopping list if Id seen yours lol

• 3 months later...

Woah havent updated this in a while. A few changes

Bought new wheels

Posted Image

Corrado speedlines in 15". Thought these would be my last wheels. But i was wrong. As per.

Bought these for a summer set. 17x8 OZ Superturismo

Posted Image

These are awaiting tyres and good weather before they go on.

Then i bought myself a flocking machine. Started doing a few bits for people. Then went nuts on my interior Posted Image

Been so busy recently with the flocking and got promoted to manager at work (y) result!

Car is off back to darkside on friday hopefully as she's developed a noise on boost. Sounded like a boost leak. Or a massive dyson vacuum cleaner.

Stay tuned!

Sent using Tapatalk, like a bawsss!

Cheers Charlie, i havent forgotten about getting you that sample, ive been mega rushed off my feet lately.

As for the leak, its driving me mad. Tried soapy water everywhere to find it. But no luck :'( unless anyone has a really easy way of finding them

• 2 weeks later...

As per usual, the car decided to take a **** on me last week, complete loss of all power. and only 8 miles from Darkside! gutted!

got recovered there and Ryan and the guys quickly stuck it on the ramp for me there and then. 

Turbo had completely pooped itself! wonderful i thought!

Now running again using Darkside's new "Hybrid Killer" Turbo as seen on their facebook page the other day. car feels loads better, still need to get that clutch changed and give it a full power hike. get it boosting "full ******" as my mate put it aha

also, had somebody interested in my newly flocked interior, which i wasnt planning on selling, but it gives me scope to do something different yet again so watch this space!

If anyone from my area is about, theres the Justdubs meet in Garforth , LS25 1NB. i'll be there showing off what i can do so if anyone whats to have a look and a chat, i'll be there :)

• 6 months later...

after being a bit dormant on the forum I thought it was about time I made a return, paid my freedom and restore some love for my fabia.

its been the daily hack for a while and just been unloved due to me spending a lot more time working with my flocking based stuff aswell as other ventures im trying. 

how the car currently sits:

36604_10204406213415810_9042486578646268

so I fitted the oz wheels a while back, got myself an import sized plate, changed my interior a little bit more colourwise, sacked off purple and went with lime green, and that's about it tbh

new plans are as follows:

1.bigger set of brakes front and rear, been looking at lcr brembos but hoping for recommendations?

2. front arb to compliment the jabbasport rarb

3.better coilovers

4.tint the windows - eventually

5.track wheels - find some!

and finally get full potential out of my turbo!

also wouldn't mind a respray in white or like a matt titanium, but that's a long way off

Great to see a new update :) the cars looking awesome :)

Why thank you :) im glad to be back ahaa

Shame ive just missed the national meet etc though. But theres ways next year :)

Your car looks as good as ever dude :)

• Like 1