Octavia II FL VRS 1.8TSi ?

Had not realised this was how they are sold elsewhere anyone think its a crime against the VRS badge this one?

Crime against the vrs? Its quicker than your Diesel version!

Would you like a bet on that?

Still waiting for a 1.8tsi owner to do a drag with me after lol failed to put his money where is mouth is.

• Like 1

Crime against the vrs? Its quicker than your Diesel version!

You think his 184 ft lbs of torque v my 330 ft lbs? or his 156bhp v my 215bhp? If you are referring to the published 0-60 times try researching the forum for the actual times people have achieved both stock and remapped and think again. :giggle:

• Like 1

Would you like a bet on that?

Still waiting for a 1.8tsi owner to do a drag with me after lol failed to put his money where is mouth is.

haha just the man sneaking in a reply as I typed and pulled out the specs for the wee 1.8 tsi.

I await that or even someone to go to the pod and show us what they achieve.

• Like 1

haha just the man sneaking in a reply as I typed and pulled out the specs for the wee 1.8 tsi.

I await that or even someone to go to the pod and show us what they achieve.

Just annoys me people taking non real life figures as gospel which you can see from my sig I've totally blown out the water.

Also happy to demonstrate to people who don't believe me.

Just annoys me people taking non real life figures as gospel which you can see from my sig I've totally blown out the water.

Also happy to demonstrate to people who don't believe me.

Yea and its not like its getting any slower as the engine is run in :rock:.

ps JRW keep on enjoying the better mpg than stated figures and the cheaper road tax than the 1.8 :angel:

• Like 1

Lol how anyone would buy that wheel/tyre combo on a Vrs I don't know, look like toy wheels in those arches.

Perhaps it's all just a bit of clever marketing and the suspension or wheels need to be different for pricing or the roads. Mind you the potholes we have had recently justify it being sold in the UK. Then the 1.8 TSI supporters could go head to head with the diesel VRS guys........

Then the 1.8 TSI supporters could go head to head with the diesel VRS guys........

nose to tail id imagine :D and without the mythical big cloud of black smoke some people seem to think modern diesel engines churn out. :@

• Like 1

Yea and its not like its getting any slower as the engine is run in :rock:.

ps JRW keep on enjoying the better mpg than stated figures and the cheaper road tax than the 1.8 :angel:

Oh yes, although I've just renewed and it's up to £170 from £155 last year :(

On the other hand I managed 64mpg on the way home the other evening......a figure lol could only dream of!

Oh yes, although I've just renewed and it's up to £170 from £155 last year :(

On the other hand I managed 64mpg on the way home the other evening......a figure lol could only dream of!

Ahhh bugger that sunk my battleship almost. I forgot you had DSG manual is £135 a year your on the same as the 1.8's tax bracket but hey still getting the mpg and saving the rain forests.

• Like 1

Just got round to watching the vid!

The wheels and suspension are clearly for the Indian market due to the terrible roads. Mine is bad enough on uk roads.

Anyone notice the inclusion of the pathetic horn instead of the twin tones when the bonnet is opened? The Indians love these type of horns for some reason.

Just noticed in video he says 8.4 seconds 0-62mph thats slower than the elegance 1.8tsi on paper elegance is 7.6 maybe that's all they could squeeze out of it even on smaller faster turning wheels or it could have been the pot holes :giggle:

• Like 1

Just noticed in video he says 8.4 seconds 0-62mph thats slower than the elegance 1.8tsi on paper elegance is 7.6 maybe that's all they could squeeze out of it even on smaller faster turning wheels or it could have been the pot holes :giggle:

Perhaps they are 'proper' figures instead of official ones :rofl::bandit:

Another thread slagging off the 1.8 TSi..... yawn!

And so it will continue until someone with one actually pits it against the CR that all the 1.8 owners are seemingly too quick off the mark to slate with no actual proof of anything.

Which is better - 1.8TSI or 2.0CR?

There is only one way to find out:

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

Edited by jrw

Not sure that anyone on here bought a 1.8 TSI to do a drag battle with the TDI boys

Possibly like me they thought... hang on a sec I don`t do loads of miles so why do I need to spend loads of money extra to save a bit each week??

Like myself have probably saved quite a chunk of money getting a car that drives "like a diesel" and does not have any of the "potential" pitfalls of one either.

This site and others are littered with DMF, DPF , Injector woes...why the TSi does not even need its timing chain replacing!

Not many people I know admit they bought a TDI because of the way it drives... it all seems to be about extra MPG and cheaper tax.

I say respect to all Skoda owners whatever they drive or decide to do with their cars?

Not sure that anyone on here bought a 1.8 TSI to do a drag battle with the TDI boys

Possibly like me they thought... hang on a sec I don`t do loads of miles so why do I need to spend loads of money extra to save a bit each week??

Like myself have probably saved quite a chunk of money getting a car that drives "like a diesel" and does not have any of the "potential" pitfalls of one either.

This site and others are littered with DMF, DPF , Injector woes...why the TSi does not even need its timing chain replacing!

Not many people I know admit they bought a TDI because of the way it drives... it all seems to be about extra MPG and cheaper tax.

I say respect to all Skoda owners whatever they drive or decide to do with their cars?

Its just friendly banter thats all....but it is annoying when someone comes up with X is quicker than Y based on the official figures which have been proven to be rubbish many times over.

I bought a Diesel, why? Most of my miles is motorway and 90% of the time, i am cruising them so a diesel is ideal for this, fuel costs are of course a factor into this getting almost double the petrol VRS. The other 10% of the time, i love the way the CR drives. It is very petrol like anyway without the fuel bills. I am willing to bet that on a track there wouldn't be much in between the VRS's.

I also look at the non-vrs models but the styling didn't do it for me hence the VRS being the only choice, and with the CR being only £600-700 dearer it was a no brainer.

There are also no injector or DPF issues on the CR.

There is no way i would say to buy a diesel if you don't do the miles to justify it, nor would i belittle anyone for what car they drive or what engine it has.......but i will defend the CR when people say that the 1.8 is faster with the same MPG etc etc....it simply isn't.

Edited by jrw
  • Like 3

Another thread slagging off the 1.8 TSi..... yawn!

Not at all the state of that thing in video is topic and a inaccurate slightly cheeky comment was made against my personal car in reference to a 1.8TSi which was nothing to do with topic and pointed out as to its inaccuracies.

Like myself have probably saved quite a chunk of money

For differences in prices (depending when and where you buy) set against the running costs and differences in depreciation and how long you intend to keep the car either can be cheaper so its each to their own on what best suits them on initial budget and for the long run.

I personally do prefer the way the TDI drives as my 23rd car over half having been petrols I have been around enough to make my own mind up, you can add me to the not many then.

EXACTLY! Now what do you think to the video above and my question? Is that worthy of a VRS badge, its the only place I know of now in world to do a half way house budget VRS.

Vid highlights suspension, wheels and by default smaller brakes than normal VRS specs and then the engine itself is the 1.8TSi (rest of car is not set up for the 2.0's output and costs less would be my guess on a massive base price lowering for that market place) but is this taking it too far for the badge if not should we have that option in UK? Marketing people appear to think not already as its not here. All I see is a standard Octavia with VRS bumpers, spoiler, seats and paint none of the actual additional performance, handling, braking and ride which is given for the spec everywhere else. That to me is where the difference is from standard to VRS.

ps do any of our Indian fellow Briskodians own this model?