so how much has the fabia tuning game moved on?

Im looking at buying another mk1 fabia vrs as i really do miss my old ones (ive had 3) been off the site for quite a while now so its likely not many will remember my old se these days. i was wondering how far on the tuning of the pd motor has come i have slowly been collecting chassis mods and misc parts for my next fabia project and last week collected what was probably in my opinion the best mod i ever did to the se a atb peloquin diff. so what is considered big power from a fabia these days? And how does one go about achieving it?

the wanderer returns :wonder:

it's a case of same old story for tuning them up, nothing revolutionary ever gets done to them really.. You will find a few stories of folks on here with hybrid turbos and fancy intercoolers but it's all old hat now.. It's all about mpg nowadays.

• Like 1

Im looking at buying another mk1 fabia vrs as i really do miss my old ones (ive had 3) been off the site for quite a while now so its likely not many will remember my old se these days. i was wondering how far on the tuning of the pd motor has come i have slowly been collecting chassis mods and misc parts for my next fabia project and last week collected what was probably in my opinion the best mod i ever did to the se a atb peloquin diff. so what is considered big power from a fabia these days? And how does one go about achieving it?

Welcome back. It's the same old story really - You haven't missed much.

You going to come and impress us again? Show these boys how it's really done?

Nice to see not everyone has left :)

im not sure i really showed them how it was done last time lol but ill give it another good go i suppose ;)

270bhp hmmm guess tom is right nothing much has changed really , well at least i should know my way round a fabia by now some good cheap ones in for sale at the minute

What I'd really like to see is somebody do something out of the ordinary to a fabia. Like a v6 tdi transplant... there will be brigade of 'mines been chipped to like 250 brake mate' folks who drive them but thats not really tuning to be honest but i would call that more like paying some spotty schmuck with a laptop to do it for you! the sad reality nowadays is that most of these cars have been thrashed and ruined by ch@vs and idiots.. what you really need if you want it to go fast is bin the diesel and stick a turbocharged petrol engine in there.. Oh and you will need to address the issue of the wayward handling too.

any who before anybody says it, yes that is a very narrow minded few from me.... It all boils down to how much money you have at the end of the day, and there will always been somebody else faster than you no matter what you do.. I'll hang my head in shame now for uttering such blasphemous remarks on here.. :wonder:

• Like 3

Thought i was stilled banned from the scoobynet trackdays..... lol

getting the box changed over was a fun day tho special western boys bbq thrown in and everything

erm spec.... i completly forgot if im honest kws and a diff are all i remember oh and busheall manor of braces which did absolutly nothing lol

the wanderer returns :wonder:

it's a case of same old story for tuning them up, nothing revolutionary ever gets done to them really.. You will find a few stories of folks on here with hybrid turbos and fancy intercoolers but it's all old hat now.. It's all about mpg nowadays.

Too right, why do you think I bought a diesel! :)

• 4 weeks later...