Superstition 13 reg next year!

Nah, but then I walk under ladders and smashed a mirror the other week when throwing it in a skip!

Not superstitious!

I remember reading an article saying it could effect new car sales next year in Ireland.

I'm not fully convinced tho!

If it does then dealers could be willing to drop their margins even more to hit targets.

Perhaps next year could be a good year to buy new!?

Maybe but iv never bought new, my next will be a 10 reg Vrs in white with the good old turtle cr :)

Would not bother me personally but with a view to resale would probably avoid - not that I am likely to be in a position to buy a 13 registration in the near future.

There are also superstitions about green cars. My last 2 cars have been green and I like green cars, anything from dignified dark greens to rip your eyes out lime green, depending on the car and the era.

To avoid sales downturn gov. may skip the 13 however if for example they just jump to 63 the truly superstitious will know that the 63s are really 13s.

Think house numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12a, 12b, 14, 15 .......

We all know 12b=13

For the deeply superstitious not sure that even private plates will work - deep down they will know its really a 13.

In a few years we will be on to the 67s ........... 6+7 = 13!

Edited by Octy0GG

If it does then dealers could be willing to drop their margins even more to hit targets.

Perhaps next year could be a good year to buy new!?

......and drop a private-plate on there too. That would disguise it a bit ;)

Don't forget the 13 will only be around March-Sept....The usual sales curve next year may well have an unusual skew towards the 63 plate period!

Flew many years ago on Swissair, and they had seat row numbers 12,12a, 14 etc.

If something's going to happen to row 12a/13, I wouldn't like to be in 12 or 14 either. I think a lack of a room 13 in hotels is still very common too?

I've got no problem with 13, its my lucky number as I was born on the 13th so would be very happy with a 13 plate... doubt I'll be looking for a new car then though :'(

My sister was born on Friday 13th - says a lot! :D

I'm not superstitious at all, but I can imagine the demand for private plates next year might be on the rise. ;)

I was born on Friday 13th too. All the 13 thing is nonsense, I've not had much bad luck to report in my 28 years of living...

Not bothered in the slightest, pretty sure I will be out test driving countless 13 plates when the time comes.

BUT...... I had a lady who's new Fabia turned up 2 days before the end of February, HAD to take the car due to the numbers adding up to 7, WOULDN'T take it in March due to the numbers adding up to 3.

Just a brief story but thought I'd share.