What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

People who overtake/try to overtake after I've pulled away from a bus stop, then have the cheek to honk their horn at me! Feck off and watch what you're doing.

Er, my experience is that bus drivers work on "signal, manoevre" in that situation. This means that I've committed to "passing a stationary vehicle" when you drive off. Now do you see why I'm annoyed?

Edited by KenONeill

Yo dude do you do a bit of truckin.?

The old chap used to have a haulage firm before retirement. I spent many a sunny, summer's afternoon tooling around Bromsgrove in a 7.5 tonner. 

• Like 1

Not so much while driving but car related...

Apparently one of the 'girls' who works upstairs came in to our office while I was out demanding to know who the Celica belonged to as it had damaged her car apparently pulling out. My Celica is silver... and quite small.

A little bit of quizzing by the guys in the office and it turns out the car she meant was actually white with black wheels and roof... a 4 door Merc C class with AMG bits all over it.

Probably the same one that was in tears after having a few at the Christmas do because her coat had been stolen with £600 in the pocket.

Much threatening with Police etc accusing our office... CCTV confirmed she arrived with no coat. Money was found in her purse...

Quality office building this...

Temporary traffic lights locally (Sharkrider knows where  :blush: ) In a queue for 15 minutes and when I eventually pass the 'obstruction' or 'works' as they like to call it, it's 2 blokes digging a hole 3'x3'. Then literally a mile down the road comes the next joke. The daily 'switching off the traffic lights' at a main junction, while they repair the junction that's taken 8 months. Then comes the free for all that ensues without traffic lights. Complete joke.  :wall:

A bigass A5 with a suit in it, blocking my way. Small road with school run traffic. I was basically stuck, not enough room to fit my Dads Fiat Bravo through, and traffic behind me. I sat looking at him pretty much giving the impression I can't fit between his front end and the car parked on the left, even attempted to squeeze in the gap to show him. We both held traffic up for about 3 minutes before he decided to back up enough for me to fit through. What a ****. >_>

The morbidly obese man squashed into the Smart For-Two that was trying to get in my boot half way back from work. Partly for the stuuupid, near non-existent stopping gap he was leaving, partly for the risks he was taking to keep up (50mph winding country lane). The body roll was horrifying to watch.

Ignorant woman who ignored the give way prior to a narrowing bit of road who then got uppity when my VRS just sat there in the way. And sat. And sat until she backed up over the line she should have stopped at in the feckin first place.

She didn't appreciate my smile on passing either.

I wasn't impressed by the custom paint on her new 500 either.

K, this was yesterday, but I wasn't too happy with a scooby driver pulling a large, empty car trailer at 80mph in the outside lane on the motorway. The trailer was bouncing around all over the place. Stupid and dangerous. It's dumb enough to drive your own car dangerously, but add a trailer, especially without any weight to keep it in check, and you're just not in control.

• Like 1

Driving back to camp last night there was a gritter going the opposite direction so I pulled as far over to the verge as possible but the gritter still managed to somehow cover my windscreen in grit directly from the spinny bit at the back that spreads the grit

Driving back to camp last night there was a gritter going the opposite direction so I pulled as far over to the verge as possible but the gritter still managed to somehow cover my windscreen in grit directly from the spinny bit at the back that spreads the grit

Odds on the gritter driver was driving too fast for spreading.

People with no sense of speed an distance... this is a regular bugbear of mine driving the A57 between Sheffield and Manchester.

It tends to manifest itself in two ways...

1 - I pull out to overtake someone doing about 35-40mph on one of the straight bits (limit is 50mph). As soon as I pull nearly level with them, they realise they're going quite slow and boot it, forcing my to slow to abort the overtake.

2 - People who tailgate, then attempt to overtake when there isn't the space/they haven't got the speed, forcing me to break so they can pull back in before driving head on into another car. More often than not, they'll do this, then get the fear in the twisty bits, holding me up for the rest of my journey.

I seem to attract idiots with the journeys I do. Had one today in a clapped out Vectra who was on the opposite side of the road driving towards me. Didn't signal to turn right, pulled halfway into my side of the road and stopped. I waved my hands around a bit, so he then signalled right, but continued to sit there until he realised he was blocking the road. Took him a good couple of minutes before he did realise.

Going through a small village, the main road takes a 90deg left. There is a road to the right so a T junction shape but the right of way goes around the bend ¬ ish.

We approached the corner with a hideous Fiat 500L in front of us who is daudling a bit, just as he gets to the corner a red Corsa comes flying out the right hand of the T and across the nose of the 500L. He wasn't accelerating he's just didn't acknowledge the existance of a junction and flew out on the wrong side of the road and kept going

Would have been a pretty decent shunt if the 500 had been 10' further on.

Corsa driver wasn't elderly but he was mature. He was obviously desperate for a coffee since he pulled into a local eatery non-the-wiser.

Note to self - get dashcam for car

Note to self - get dashcam for car

^^ this.  Going to have to be a priority once I get the new car.

More often than not, they'll do this, then get the fear in the twisty bits, holding me up for the rest of my journey.

^^^ This!  I couldn't care less if someone wants to take the risk of overtaking me, I'll even ease to the left and slow down to let them do it a bit more safely, but I get realy ****ed off if they proceed to bottle it as soon as the bends start to tighten.

• Like 1