What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Hickleton crossroads has claimed another couple of cars this evening, the place really needs a bypass, if they're not crashing there then they're going over the rise and ending up in someones wall (there's a bit of a curve over the crest of the hill in the village, people speed in not realising, it's a bit better now they've put a load of signs up).

Just straight out through the intersection every bloody time, ran four red lights too. You wouldn't believe the self control that I needed to not call the cops on that ****. Next time, I'm not gonna brake.

Next time, do break, but don't hold back on calling the police. The least that will happen is they'll make a record of your report, but if someone else makes a similar report he'll at least get a knock on the door. I reported a guy for running red lights a few years back. Not Amber gambling, just straight through when the lights had been on red a while. He carried on up the road and got aggressive with someone slowing him down too. I was called back to ask if I'd go into the station to make a formal statement as another driver had reported the same incident and they were going to look into pressing charges.

A good paraphrased quote for the situation might be, "All that is necessary for the triumph of s*** drivers is that good ones do nothing."

Edmund Burke

;)

Edited by Maieth

Next time, do break, but don't hold back on calling the police. The least that will happen is they'll make a record of your report, but if someone else makes a similar report he'll at least get a knock on the door. I reported a guy for running red lights a few years back. Not Amber gambling, just straight through when the lights had been on red a while. He carried on up the road and got aggressive with someone slowing him down too. I was called back to ask if I'd go into the station to make a formal statement as another driver had reported the same incident and they were going to look into pressing charges.

A good paraphrased quote for the situation might be, "All that is necessary for the triumph of s*** drivers is that good ones do nothing."

Edmund Burke

;)

I see your point, but the last time I reported anyone, I spent 60 hours in the drunk tank (after I tested negative). Nah, no thanks. We've a had a fragile peace ever since Metro IA cleaned house. I'm not pushing my luck.

But before you think I'm not doing anything, I've reported every since one of these morons to my ex. If they ever turn up in her jurisdiction, ****s gonna hit the fan...

Highways Agency at their best. 10 miles from home and need a wee? No sweat, i'll be back in ten. Ooooooooooooooooooooh no. Another of those mysterious 'M6 Closed' messages (but not until you get to the traffic jam caused by said closure) An extra 25 minutes on the commute in extreme discomfort when a simple warning would have meant pulling into the services just before the closure. Agency? Suggests organisation and direction, not the average boneheaded simpleton employed to cone off two lanes of motorway for a burst wagon tyre. 

I'd rather the HA shut off two lanes if it means somebody can repair the wagon... It would be a much longer wait if nobody attended and somebody either hit the truck, injuring all parties or hit the tyre debris and having a much MUCH bigger accident...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id rather they stay in the mothers spare bedroom watching dr who videos and eating wotsits. Shambles isn't the word for labours mock motorway police

• Like 1

Eeeejit in a kia who I flashed for being a rude aaassss (I was indicating to overtake a slower vehicle, faster car coming up in the right hand lane, but there is another lane to the right beyond that. I was indicating....... he didnt bother to move over so I had to brake and wait for him to pass. So thought he deserved a good lights flash for being a ****). Anyway for the next 6 or 7 mins he proceeded to pull in front of me, slow down until I moved out to overtake then speed up again. What a prize plonker. I just kept my cruise control on and left him to it lol 

The **** in the Focus this morning who couldn't decide if he wanted to do 40 or 50 through the 50 average speed check on the m56, add the aimless weaving to the mix and nobody could decide if it was safe to over/undertake or not.

Highways Agency at their best. 10 miles from home and need a wee? No sweat, i'll be back in ten. Ooooooooooooooooooooh no. Another of those mysterious 'M6 Closed' messages (but not until you get to the traffic jam caused by said closure) An extra 25 minutes on the commute in extreme discomfort when a simple warning would have meant pulling into the services just before the closure. Agency? Suggests organisation and direction, not the average boneheaded simpleton employed to cone off two lanes of motorway for a burst wagon tyre. 

I'd rather the HA shut off two lanes if it means somebody can repair the wagon... It would be a much longer wait if nobody attended and somebody either hit the truck, injuring all parties or hit the tyre debris and having a much MUCH bigger accident...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last time I saw a HA imposed closure/limit for a breakdown, they had put on a 30mph speed limit 5 and a bit MILES before the actual incident. Pretty much everyone had slowed down at the first sign, but when they'd passed another 2 signs decided that the obstruction must be clear and the signs were out of date so started speeding up.

• Like 1

Eeeejit in a kia who I flashed for being a rude aaassss (I was indicating to overtake a slower vehicle, faster car coming up in the right hand lane, but there is another lane to the right beyond that. I was indicating....... he didnt bother to move over so I had to brake and wait for him to pass. So thought he deserved a good lights flash for being a ****). Anyway for the next 6 or 7 mins he proceeded to pull in front of me, slow down until I moved out to overtake then speed up again. What a prize plonker. I just kept my cruise control on and left him to it lol 

So you're the eejit who thinks I should pull out in front of faster traffic because it suits you!! ;)

The last time I saw a HA imposed closure/limit for a breakdown, they had put on a 30mph speed limit 5 and a bit MILES before the actual incident. Pretty much everyone had slowed down at the first sign, but when they'd passed another 2 signs decided that the obstruction must be clear and the signs were out of date so started speeding up.

Exactly what happened last night. 40 mph and 2 lanes flashing red. 5km before any lane closure. People were hurtling toward stationary traffic as they'd grown immune to the posted limit.

Dropping a mate off at Dublin airport this morning (5am :( ) and on the way back my clutch bite kept getting lower and lower to floor until it ran out and I had no pedal left for last 45 miles. This was made even more annoying when going through a big town a very early learner driver stopping dead when half way over every roundabout and around every turn. Reversed onto the drive on the starter :( then 2 hours later I have stripped all back to look for leaks and as if by magic there are none and it's working fine again............ 

Oh how I have missed bargain motoring. Now I have some work to do on the old dog, more satisfying than doing a 5 hour round drive to the local Skoda dealers to have them take a week to wipe out my remap and return car still faulty and say I have to wait another 2 weeks to get it booked back in........... I stand by my choice, at least I can get things done without plugging a computer in first and scratching my head when it shows no lazy codes  :sun:  

The Elise owner who was completely uninterested when I told him he had 1 brake light out and half his centre brake light out.

Hope he gets pulled for it.

Let's hope nothing rear ends his pride and joy when they miss the remaining brake lights

Common round here with our bumpy roads is only the high level LED one working and both the side tungsten bulbed ones out-but many don't care.

People who see a police car on a 60mph road and feel the bloody need to slam the brakes on to 45mph !!! 

I had that today but 40mph and no Police car involved..............  :wall:

walking across a car park some berk in a merc reversed in to me, so i kindly left the inprint of my fist in his boot

I would have also attempted to deliver a 20 minute lecture to the driver, specifically if this was an absolute retard reversing out of a space and not into one  :@ Almost the biggest of my pet hates. 

• Like 1

Returning home from work, I get to the bottom of a steep hill  with a set of 4 way traffic lights at the bottom. Some plonker in a modified Corsa stops behind me, he then changes lane to my left hand side (as both lanes go straight on - only my lane turns right some 200 yards ahead).

He sits there with the "music" on so loud, I can't hear the radio in my car with my windows shut.

Knowing this intersection well, I know that cars often jump the lights cutting across my lane, so when my lights turn amber he floors it to get ahead and nearly collides with a car that jumped the red.  Obviously he didn't see the car as my vehicle is in the way, I just set off and rounded the near miss slowly.

After some horn honking, he then pulls in behind me.

Some 500 yards later he tries to overtake me again on a single carriage way but decides against it when he pulls out and see's the ambulance on a 999 call approaching.

This is the only day since I got the dash cam installed that I didn't put the card back in as I was reviewing some uneventful footage from the office last night.

I am writing a reminder on the sunvisor to put the card back in..

• Like 3

This is the only day since I got the dash cam installed that I didn't put the card back in as I was reviewing some uneventful footage from the office last night.

I am writing a reminder on the sunvisor to put the card back in..

I do it all the time, I get in car see lights flashing as no cards in the cameras and have to go back into house to get them. The thought of that sinking feeling if some waste of skin causes a collision and then does the whole 'once upon a time' BS to the Police and or their insurance, means it's highly unlikely I would ever disengage the handbrake without confirming both are live. 

I would have also attempted to deliver a 20 minute lecture to the driver, specifically if this was an absolute retard reversing out of a space and not into one  :@ Almost the biggest of my pet hates.

he was reversing out of one eating a cake but i had my gran with me so had to keep quite

• Like 1

he was reversing out of one eating a cake but i had my gran with me so had to keep quite

My solution would be thus "you go on inside, i'll just be 20 minutes" followed by  :@

• Like 1

The solution is to have two memory cards. When you remove one from the camera, pop the other straight in.

Buying 4X 64gb micro SDXC C10/U1's is a solution for Richard Branson not me lol. There are cameras with onboard flash now which if you forget card you will at least have 8gb of looped footage so in the event of an incident your not scuppered.