What annoyed you today whilst driving ?

jonny boy

Hence the 'taught' bit, although all my crew had done competitive motorsport, so left foot braking wasn't a new thing to us. Safer than brake checking someone if done properly, just in case they are not fully switched on, and rear end you. I wouldn't recommend it to a novice driver, and some long service drivers are still novices, hence our country's terrible driving standards on motorways etc. be careful people, it's a jungle out there.

Yeah i agree with what youre sayin. Just thinkin if someone read that n the next time they get a tailgater, they try it, and possibly end up dead.

You sorta have to teach your left foot dont you. You get soo used to pressing the clutch with it, the first time you try using the brake you nearly up through the windscreen haha.

• Like 2

The brief moment just, trying to pull out into slow moving traffic.. Slowly edging out (if i didnt id never get anywhere) and it was awkward cos i couldnt see a great lot.

Learner driver comes along and just carrys on driving at full speed.

Shortly followed by an emergency stop as i guess the instructor took over.

Driving through Lincoln this morning, slow moving traffic, I let someone out of a side street into the flow of cars. Traffic moves and just as I move I spot a white van coming steaming towards me on the wrong side of the road hoping to turn right. He has the cheek to give me a both arms up saying 'what are you doing?' I shake my head at him.

1. My priority

2. I am moving across the junction

3. Even if there was space I don't give way to eejits.

4. Being in a white van and towering over me in my Octy does not give you undisputed right of way

• Like 1

Numpties - texting while driving.  I've probably complained about this before  :notme:

My number 1 hate. SWMBO and myself were travelling down to Weisbaden last week, and came upon a Eastern European 3 ton van sat doing 40 kph in the outside lane ( 2 lane de restricted autobahn) cars and trucks flying by him using the hard shoulder, as we gingerly got past him there he was totally oblivious to the mayhem and carnage he was causing tapping away on his mobile whilest having a glug of a well known energy drink and a long draw on his ciggie. What a complete and utter moron, I couldn't possibly type up what SWMBO was calling him as she was leaning out the window gesticulating wildly and questioning his parentage.

• Like 3

My number 1 hate. SWMBO and myself were travelling down to Weisbaden last week, and came upon a Eastern European 3 ton van sat doing 40 kph in the outside lane ( 2 lane de restricted autobahn) cars and trucks flying by him using the hard shoulder, as we gingerly got past him there he was totally oblivious to the mayhem and carnage he was causing tapping away on his mobile whilest having a glug of a well known energy drink and a long draw on his ciggie. What a complete and utter moron, I couldn't possibly type up what SWMBO was calling him as she was leaning out the window gesticulating wildly and questioning his parentage.

Its not speed thats dangerous...

Its differentials in speed isnt it (:

• Like 1

I was taught on my first driving course to maintain my speed but change down a gear, then gently hold the brake pedal with my left foot to illuminate the brake lights whilst nailing the throttle briefly. The tailgater is then baffled into thinking that they have braked harder than in reality. (I don't think it was part of the official Police driving course though)

Or do as my old dad used to do he's 73 now so he drives very little nowadays "roads are full of knob jockeys no fun". When you have a tailgater just blast on your washers use a few litres of water and at the same time dab your brakes they will move back, always works. Or if you don't fancy that take your foot of the gas change down the gears as you slow down its a new game see if you can get down to second or even first the tailgater would be incandescent with rage.

Or do as my old dad used to do he's 73 now so he drives very little nowadays "roads are full of knob jockeys no fun". When you have a tailgater just blast on your washers use a few litres of water and at the same time dab your brakes they will move back, always works. Or if you don't fancy that take your foot of the gas change down the gears as you slow down its a new game see if you can get down to second or even first the tailgater would be incandescent with rage.

Slowing down just works tbh.

Ive had 2 in the last 3 days. One a women who i think genuinly didnt realised, and one bloke in a taureg who was really bugging me.

Just put the brakes on and progressively slowed down. They both got the idea.

The dosy bint in front of me in the queue on one of the main roads into Sheffield today…   She decided she’d had enough of queuing so once things started to move she indicated left, pulled in, then immediately swung right to do a U-turn into the face of oncoming traffic causing me and the oncoming traffic to brake hard…   all whilst on a pelican crossing!!!

The mind boggles…

It was yesterday, but the astravan tailgating me through a single lane motorway roadworks contraflow with 50mph limit, complete with average speed cameras. 

Only once i had eased down to about 40 did he get the message and back off...

The White delivery van that stopped in the box junction completely blocking the way out ...he was oblivious the horns..Guess why?

On the phone?

The White delivery van that stopped in the box junction completely blocking the way out ...he was oblivious the horns..Guess why?

Had a good looking mate with him?

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Eh?

Skomaz asked yesterday if it was a phone - you said "close but no cigar, he was on mobile" which implies it' was a mobile something but not a phone.

As my daughter says though, "if you have to explain it, it's not funny"

• Like 1

Skomaz asked yesterday if it was a phone - you said "close but no cigar, he was on mobile" which implies it' was a mobile something but not a phone.

As my daughter says though, "if you have to explain it, it's not funny"

Dont worry, i appreciated it! Aha.

• Like 1

Van pulls straight out in front of me doing 60mph, makes no attempt to get up to speed so I had to brake hard. Not even a wave of apology.

Woman trying to go the wrong way up the road in town.

Car parked blocking the road at 6am this morning.

Woman sat up my arse in the BM in a 30mph area, she then tried to cut through a housing estate to get in front of me, no doubt speeding past the kids play ground but unlucky for her I said past as she arrived at the junction further up :D

Woman sat up my arse in the BM in a 30mph area, she then tried to cut through a housing estate to get in front of me, no doubt speeding past the kids play ground but unlucky for her I said past as she arrived at the junction further up :D

Oh ive had similar in wales.

A guy overtakes me in a stupid place as we're in a queue of traffic. I was pee'd off at him.

Satnav takes a shortcut, **** it. Booted it round there, pulled back out onto the same road, past the queue of traffic and just intime for this gorp to be behind me. Winner.

• Like 1