Skoda Superb II known faults

FYI when the driver's seat stitching starts to fail (see photo) you'll need to start thinking about replacing that seat panel. Its an airbag seam so will need certifying by a ....err.... certifier. Cost here in NZ was $600NZ (350 GBP) so not cheap.

Well worth factoring in if you are buying a second hand car with worn seats.

IMG_1241.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a second hand 2012 Superb last year, and Skoda badges on the boot, front bumper and hubcap centres are showing the corrosion/flaking people have mentioned.  Haven't seen the other issues though.

• 2 weeks later...

Most irritating fault is blue main beam warning light keeps going out when the car's warmed up. Unfortunately it works fine for about 15 mins so dealer claimed they couldn't find a fault while they had it and then muttered about a 'software issue'. Fingers crossed it works while they do the MoT in July. No idea what causes this.

Have had the ghost passenger seat from new (reclines by itself while the car is stationery and locked but not while it's being watched!). Dealer rewired the controls but makes no difference.

The rattle which I thought was from the glovebox is in fact the climatronic fan - switch to 'off' and it goes away. There are posts showing how to fix it but I'm not that bothered.

The battery failed after only 5 years(This happen also to another colleague of mine-same type of battery). Seat heating failed for both seats, relay changed but still not working. The power stage of the right front xenon fails every time it's cold outside(works fine now)

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:22, nczernus said:

Don't get rid of your car's guys, these engines have only just started to run in at 150000 

I completely agree with you on the engines.  I had around 120k kms when I was getting rid of mine recently and it was really just about run in TBH.  I know I have moved on to a Superb III but that was just to keep it in warranty, my MKII was perfect when I traded it in and somebody got a very really good car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another problem that has just appeared on my 2011 Elegance 170 estate, split wires in the drivers door rubber grommet. A phone call to Mitchell Skoda with a resume of the faults (non-working windows from drivers side, mirror adjustment inop', puddle light out and alarm triggering), elicited the response they would need to investigate. Quick Google and low and behold information is that this is a common fault on Yeti and Fabia where wires split due to opening and closing or drivers door. Prised rubber from A pillar and orange/brown and orange/black wire both broken! Did manage a temporary repair with some small gauge wire and all now working, but will need a more permanent fix as several of the other wires are also split and could fail at some future time.

22 hours ago, coppertop said:

Another problem that has just appeared on my 2011 Elegance 170 estate, split wires in the drivers door rubber grommet. A phone call to Mitchell Skoda with a resume of the faults (non-working windows from drivers side, mirror adjustment inop', puddle light out and alarm triggering), elicited the response they would need to investigate. Quick Google and low and behold information is that this is a common fault on Yeti and Fabia where wires split due to opening and closing or drivers door. Prised rubber from A pillar and orange/brown and orange/black wire both broken! Did manage a temporary repair with some small gauge wire and all now working, but will need a more permanent fix as several of the other wires are also split and could fail at some future time.

I had this happen, required a new drivers door wiring loom to fix (symptom was a lack of power to rear drivers side door - no windows/locking etc.)

2 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

Totally disillusioned with it

Jeeesh -  you must have gotten the estate version so you can carry all the parts that fall off. 

That list reminds me of my last car - a BMW 525d Estate. Why? I think those are the only things that didn't need attention on it.....

• 1 month later...
On 2017-2-27 at 09:17, Superb170 said:

I completely agree with you on the engines.  I had around 120k kms when I was getting rid of mine recently and it was really just about run in TBH.  I know I have moved on to a Superb III but that was just to keep it in warranty, my MKII was perfect when I traded it in and somebody got a very really good car.

Hi I've just got mine on a 10 plate V6 done 92k and drives like I'd imagine driving it from the showroom

• Like 2

• 6 years later...
On 20/04/2017 at 08:40, Solarstorm said:

I had this happen, required a new drivers door wiring loom to fix (symptom was a lack of power to rear drivers side door - no windows/locking etc.)

Had seven wires broken causing no door locks no windows or mirrors took door off and repaired loom myself only have clock spring airbag fault now enjoying the power of 3.6 and V6 note from 3T5