312mm brakes..... On a vrs mk 1, worth it?

jkevs

Isit worth upgrading? Iv got standard power at the mo, but love late braking. What are they like compared to standards?

I put 312's on very quickly after buying mine.

It can cope without the upgrade imo but does feel much nicer and sharper with them on.

Drove my mates mapped mk1 which had standard brakes and I didn't feel all that confident, but others may disagree!

The main advantage is that bigger brakes are less likely to fade when used hard as they dissipate the heat quicker.

My 312mm brakes have tarox b32 6 pot calipers and driven normally offer no advantage over std brakes BUT once warmed up they're in a different league. My pads need to be warmed up to give 100% power due to they're performance nature.

A cheap up grade for brakes is just fit better pads like carbon loraine rc5+ ect.

The main advantage is that bigger brakes are less likely to fade when used hard as they dissipate the heat quicker.

My 312mm brakes have tarox b32 6 pot calipers and driven normally offer no advantage over std brakes BUT once warmed up they're in a different league. My pads need to be warmed up to give 100% power due to they're performance nature.

A cheap up grade for brakes is just fit better pads like carbon loraine rc5+ ect.

I don't drive that hard mate, I only live in a small town and Iv attracted quite a lot of attention from the police lol and pretty skint ATM do can't afford the ware and tare lol just want a bit of an upgrade, 6 pots?? They must make the car do endos lol how many pot r the standard 312 ones?

Yet, I'd definatley repaint them, any tips on where to get the vrs calliper paint?

Pantone 348 is the colour code originally used. Most paint shops should be able to mix it up for you. Not long fitted mine after a repaint and the difference is huge.

2-10.jpg

Pantone 348 is the colour code originally used. Most paint shops should be able to mix it up for you. Not long fitted mine after a repaint and the difference is huge.

2-10.jpg

Very clean and tidy, I think the Vrs should have had spiders fitted as standard, just need to treat yourself to some wheel nut covers!!!

how many pot r the standard 312 ones?

Normal 312 upgrade from Leon/TT are still a single pot it's just an upgrade due to the larger discs

I put 312's on my red Fabia after its remap and only upgraded when it needed new discs and pads on the front anyway - meaning i had to spend so why not spend a bit more for the upgrade.

Having recently bought anohter standard VRS i can say i haven't found the standard brakes lacking but it haven't driven it super hard

• Like 1

the difference with these brakes is night and day, 312's should have came standard on the vrs, they are standard on the newer one.

Newer one has the same brakes mate, bit daft considering there weak on 130hp never mind 180 :(

Newer one has the same brakes mate, bit daft considering there weak on 130hp never mind 180 :(

you sure? my dad's vrs looked like it had 312's fitted as standard. he recently traded it in so i cant confirm it

nevermind, i see you have one lol

Edited by KTP

just put drilled and grooved 312mm disks on mine off ebay for 69.95.. advertised as audi tt 225 brakes.. mybrakes.jpg ebc green stuff pads, £56.91.. worth every penny.. stopping power is great now!!

Cheers. :thumbup:

Can i ask a Skoda garage to upgrade them next time the cars in for a service or are they likely to tell me it can't be done?? (sorry to hijack thread but saves starting another) :D

Can't see why they would refuse, thou they may want to change the flexi pipes.

There's a seller on eBay who sells refurbed callipers, carriers, which come with new discs and pads for £180, then you'll just need the green!

I got mine from him and he was very helpful. Couple of others on here I know have used him.

Search vag 312

There's a seller on eBay who sells refurbed callipers, carriers, which come with new discs and pads for £180, then you'll just need the green!

I got mine from him and he was very helpful. Couple of others on here I know have used him.

Search vag 312

Is that gbautomotive2010??

Is this correct for a fab and is the price right??

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-AUDI-312-calipers-carriers-256-rear-calipers-carriers-MK4-GOLF-TT-S3-green-/280861270312?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4164a2e128