Android Ice Cream Sandwich update!

Right, my friend has rooted it and put the "proper ICS" on it, i've gotta say the Samsung ROM was missing loads of features, my brother is having the same problems as me now, phone is really slow, and keeps rebooting when streaming BT audio phone calls etc... his phone is newer than mine as welll by a few months, but still an S2, I think Samsung have dropped a boll*** some where when programming this rom....

I have a Sony Ericsson Arc S on Orange at present (bought last Xmas) that came with Gingerbread and, on connecting it to my PC to charge it up yesterday morning, my Sony PC Companion advised 'update available'.

About 20 mins later, all done and dusted and I now have an Ice Cream Sandwich (seems like I ought to be on Masterchef).

Overall the OS has sharpened up and improved, graphics, design etc., much like the change from Win XP to Win 7. Some functions, like going to 'silent' have changed the way they work but have to say that in general I like it and am well pleased - so far.

PS> I don't understand all this 'rooting' malarkey.

I've for a galaxy note and me mates got an s2 and his has already updates and is telling me to route as I'll like the update but phones insured and don't wanna void it lol. Plus no scooby what I doing haha

• Like 1

Unless you're prepared to use some software called Odin (you'll need to uninstall Kies first, it doesn't coexist with Odin very well), you can then find alternative software to use on the SGS2.

The flipside of this is you will void any warranty.

• 1 month later...

Finally me galaxy note had got the update. Can honestly say its 10x better. Quicker, smoother and the new s-pen software is a bonus

Probably going to get a Note now ICS is available. Bit of drift, but does S Planner work with the google services calendar and auto sync with the online google calendar?

Chris

I do believe you can. I don't tend to sync my calendars etc as don't use them enough.but when I have synced before everything seems to sync together! And just checked google and says syncs to all phones etc