Nankangs ?!?!?!?!

Not quite that bad! Decent enough in the dry, but not very progressive. Dangerous in the wet. Lethal in damp/greasy conditions.

:(

Yep, the Lupo had them. Very easy to unstick in the wet.

yeh the 2nd and 4th down (rears) are accellras. these (at the time ) were the only ones i could get @ 205/40/18. they aint to bad if im honest, i dont really drive like a loon in the wet and the rear is cambered (as it was on my last car these were on) very hard waring which is always good with camberage.

i cant fault the achilles atr's sports atm (top and 3rd down)

Guest BigJase88

Hankook v12's are good tires, very good infact.

You cant go wrong with a decent branded tire, im sheeesh scared when it comes to budgets, had faaar too many fill the pants moments to consider buying them new

At the end of the day the tire is the only thing thats in contact with the road, id rather pay the premium of a good tire and live

i would love to be able to spend £200+ a corner on tyres.. i go through them like socks so dont see the point. i drive to the limits of the car/tyres so i will still live! i think todays technology, "some " cheaper tyres aint bad at all... drive to the means and conditions, dont mind a decentish budget. alot of it is badge snobbery as well i think.. i had pilot sports on my Audi and i thought they were shat!

I aquired some Michelin SP2 lol on a set of spiders and OMG I love them, cant justify the 180+ a tyre tho but they are soooooo nice in the dry and damp and on a cruise they are impecable they were on about 1.5mm when I got them and Ive used them right down to near the limit and tbh I was more scared using them in rain than a set of on the limit Toyo t1r and any budget Ive used.

THe T1R are the best Ive had in all weathers but there is a tad more noise than the Michelins and 50 notes+ less the price.

Ill be going for some Toyo t1R on my LCR rims for the Octy when she is done and Ive ripped the hell out the Falkens 452's. Dont like things not matching so Ill be ripping the hell out of the fronts then swapping them over to the rear to do away with them.

So Lloyd what you decided?

No idea mate :(

Hate tyres, if u get cheap and see good youve saved , if you buy them and they suck youve wasted :(

Maybe i'll go see whats left on them at a tyre place and see how bad they r needed

What to do

What to do

Use the octy lol :D

But on the toyo t1r note-- they are stopping them and going to t1 sports

I beleve

i would love to be able to spend £200+ a corner on tyres.. i go through them like socks so dont see the point. i drive to the limits of the car/tyres so i will still live! i think todays technology, "some " cheaper tyres aint bad at all... drive to the means and conditions, dont mind a decentish budget. alot of it is badge snobbery as well i think.. i had pilot sports on my Audi and i thought they were shat!

Spend a little bit more than Nankang and you can get Falken 452s though :)

Yeah we got ze912s on there at the mo, they been great really and cant fault them , was just seeing what was about for less,

Are they replacing the 452 with the 453 or is that another edition ?

If the mrs had her way tyres would cost £20 lol

Cos they are only rubber :D hehe that would be great,

But...... Nope tyres are lots

Falkens seem to wear quick ? Or at least these have, they been on about 18 months but we havent put 10k on the car yet

I think its just bad timing thats all :(

Its trying to interfere with octy plans thats what its doing damit

452s have always given me decent mileage. Apparently the 453s are brought in as the 452s are "too noisy", but I've never really noticed them being excessively noisy. While they're considered mid range, I've never found the "premium" tyres to be worth the extra. And let us not forget the evil that are Pirelli P6000's! :rofl:

After you've had to go home and get new underwear because cheap tyres have tried to kill you, you always get good tyres!

Tyres are a good indicator of general maintenance too, while browsing Corsas for SWMBO yesterday, saw a VXR with Wanli tyres on all 4 corners... says to me that absolute bare minimum has been spent on that car!

Im still looking what to go for as need all four as well. Just keep coming back to National tyres ads on ebay with Barum Bravuris 2.

Reviews/ opinions seem good and price is about £330 all inclusive on ebay 205/50/17. 225/45/17 come less. Watch as priced does sometimes go down, I have seen £296 all in.

So bit more than NS2 which I had considered but less typically than F452

Yeah mate, im not usually one for cheap as you may know :)

Its just not having the money that fooked it abit, if can push funds up i'll get rainsports on it , if not falkens again, its just if i cant :(

It dont help cos its 2 near the limit and one with a puncture lol

So my ocd say 4 lol

And keep the fourth and stash it

Its down to bad timing mate :( and bad luck with work

Im still looking what to go for as need all four as well. Just keep coming back to National tyres ads on ebay with Barum Bravuris 2.

Reviews/ opinions seem good and price is about £330 all inclusive on ebay 205/50/17. 225/45/17 come less. Watch as priced does sometimes go down, I have seen £296 all in.

So bit more than NS2 which I had considered but less typically than F452

I dunno where you are bud as i didnt peek before replying, 17s a place here can do rainsport 2s for £350 fitted n ready to iirc

As i want them on my spiders :)

Guest BigJase88

452s have always given me decent mileage. Apparently the 453s are brought in as the 452s are "too noisy", but I've never really noticed them being excessively noisy. While they're considered mid range, I've never found the "premium" tyres to be worth the extra. And let us not forget the evil that are Pirelli P6000's! :rofl:

After you've had to go home and get new underwear because cheap tyres have tried to kill you, you always get good tyres!

Tyres are a good indicator of general maintenance too, while browsing Corsas for SWMBO yesterday, saw a VXR with Wanli tyres on all 4 corners... says to me that absolute bare minimum has been spent on that car!

I think the exact same! 90% of cars at dealers

Are on ditch finders!

Seen a lovely bmw 335d estate! Had wanli tires on the back.... No thanks

I think the exact same! 90% of cars at dealers

Are on ditch finders!

Seen a lovely bmw 335d estate! Had wanli tires on the back.... No thanks

It'll drift well though ;)

With tyres I just think that one time where I need to brake at 100% to stop clear of something I need it to be able to do it as best as it can. Even if its in the wet!

So I make sure my tyres are capable of being the best as possible. Having enough traction grip to put my power down is also pretty necessary. Hence I use ContSportContact 3's all round. Slamming on full brakes in the wet and they still grip and stop effectively without even using any ABS in the most part.

Just don't scrimp on something that can save your life. Thats the way I look at it.

I brought some kumhos last year, 225 instead of 205 thought I was saving a Tenner tyre, used more than the savings in petrol and they lasted less than 6k, should of just brought Falkens in the first place lol

I wont bother with nankangs then it seems lol

Maybe i'll try save for my Rainsport 2s

Ive found them £99 a corner fully fitted n finished

Nankangs wouldve been £55 plus postage plus someone to fit so prob £70-£75 a corner by time i got it on

Just seems worse cos a extra 25 a piece is a ton lol

If was only 1 or 2 it wouldnt seem as bad

I'm finally about to wear out the nexxens that came on my car. They are horrendous in the cold or wet. Going to get 452's next. On the family car I couldn't stick on cheap tyres, could you live with yourself if they were at fault for you not being able to stop and one of your kids got hurt? I put some Barum Bravus 2's on our family bus, they seem very good, had no issues. They have worn quickly but our family car is very very heavy so would expect them to wear quicker.

• Like 1

I had Nankangs on my BMW M3 and on my Polo, (both cars came with them on)

They were shocking, especially in the rain, i would say there a massive avoid.

I currently Use Khumo Ecsta SPT, they are a good All round (leaning to sporty tire) i even used them in the deep snow, never got stuck, Toyo's are brilliant if you have the pockets, i would avoid Toyo CF1's

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Cooper/Zeon-CS6.htm

Cant seem to find a price on em (blind or thick)

Had em on me Cordy and were good. Quiet on MWays, and grippy in the corners. Decent in the wet too.

Very very heavy rain/ surface water they not great, but what tyre is when your basically in a flood...

You say that mate but....................

I have/ mostly have cheap rubber on mine but when it comes to maintenance............. well I am anal and never scrimp on parts. always use Genuine OEM parts from TPS.

Doesnt always say bad things but in that case Id say prob/ just put cheap on to sell and get rid like most do as most wont care so long as there is good tread on them.