To those who own Octavia VRS Mk1 - How many miles to

So just wondering what kind of mileage you get to £20, want to compare it with my diesel passat and how well these cars do.

Please also write what kind of driving style you have which would help as well

Cheers

Do grown-ups judge fuel consumption in "how many miles for £20"? Not done that since I was 18! (and I got about 300, was epic :rofl:)

I average 30-32MPG out of mine, that's 12 miles to work, over 30, 40, 50, and 60 MPH sections. I drive it quite gently, conserving momentum where possible, but it does get a few full throttle blasts along the 60 MPH bits, so I'm not hypermiling it. Motorways at 60-70 MPH can see 40+ MPG, stop start traffic is 27-28 MPG.

• Like 1

To £20 id say 100miles mixed driving

Fuelly reckons just shy of 20p per mile, so yes 100 miles to 20quid

I'd say thats bob on for mixed

Hills are the killer in my car, I do all ****ty roads and heavy traffic all week and get 270 to tank week in week out, thats £70 atm, my instant reading is often below 20 mpg, usually around 23-4 though average seems to sit at 25 no matter what I do lol

Click on the link in my sig for my fuel stats.

17p a mile but rising due to the price of a litre of unleaded going up 9p since the start of the year. The average on my trip computer for the last couple of tanks is showing 39.6mpg ish but I find it is a couple of mpg optimistic.

Edited by vrsTom

if i see 70 miles to my £20 worth of vpower im doing well :giggle:

i put £20 at a time in too :bandit: not for weight but it gets used then stashed in the garage again

ive ****ed a tenner away in less than 30 more than once shall we say :angel:

I get 300 miles to a tank if thats any help, thats about 68 quids worth of optimax

bloody Hell thought mine was just scraping on not too bad at 400 miles to a tank lol

Went down to Brighton for a Briskoda meet yesterday in another members VRS (stage 1 remapped) and he got an average of 35mpg that was with a LOT of hooning it around on the way down and back. I was amazed thats better than what I could get driving averagely in my standard one!

Bear in mind when hooning around the wheels will be covering more miles than the car itself, AND spinning wheels are under less load. Figures when driven hard are a long way from reality.

£20 ~ 100 miles for me.

Brim the tank and I manage around 330 miles combined driving. All round town its down to 300. Stage 1 map, so certainly not awful.

Well coming from a 280 bhp 2.8T V6 VX Signum my VRS seems wonderful on petrol lol. On a good week with the Siggy I'd be lucky to see the good side of 200 miles out of 60 ltrs. I do roughly 24 miles to and from work a day. Which is town driving and mostly stuck in traffic. I normally see about 315 miles from a brimmed tank till when the petrol light comes on. Before I fitted the 18's the trip would hover around 29.9 mpg but now it dropped a tad to about 28 mpg.

• 3 weeks later...

Just commuted home from one side of sheffield to the other, 30-60mph roads, highest speed attained 55mph, some queuing at traffic lights. Had AC off and sunroof open, gentle driving (only booted it once, A3 Audi TDI driver!), apart from that nice steady driving over 11miles (35mins) managed to get overall mpg of 33.

Car is stock.