To those who own Octavia VRS Mk1 - How many miles to

i can stick 20 quid in and only get 80 miles shown on the onboard computer but is 95 octane i am a cheap skate lol and do alot of round town driving where it drops realistically to about 70 miles on a good motorway run taking it easy i see about 28 mpg

I've just done a trackday and managed 155 miles to a tank and that included the 45 mile drive there and the 10 miles i drove to got find some more fuel when my light came on. So they really do use some gogo juice when been pushed hard

I'm fairly new to my Mk1 VRS (owned it 2 weeks), but I do tend to put £20 of V-Power in at a time, and the last time, I got around 70-75 miles before the low fuel light came on, at which point I realised that £20 fill ups are now a thing of the past (had a TDI130PD last!), and next time I stuck £40 quid in!

Oh and I'm remapped, if that makes a difference.

Edited by Longyear

Just travelled back from Ross-on-Wye to Essex, mixture of roads, fast A and B, motorways and town centres, both me and the missus drove, averaged 43 mpg. Filled up before we went from Essex on friday, did some other short journeys whilst in Ross still had just under quarter of a tank left when got back. I do stick to speed limits (if I get 6 points on my licence, loose my job and have to pass all 3 tests again to become a driving instructor, so not worth the risk!!) and as I my HGV instructor used to say " speed doesn't always equal progression" ie compare Hamilton with Button!!

Don't forget that Diesel costs more to buy (rip-off, as it's cheaper to produce than petrol as it's basically a more unrefined version of petrol) and also more in servicing and when buying the car in the first place, it's generally reckoned that at the moment, if you do less than about 15k a year, petrol works out cheaper, even taxi drivers are now starting to use petrol cars.

Hope this helps,

Filled to the brim,I managed to achieve about 400 miles before it 'beeped'.

My vRS is completely standard.

A long time ago,£20 was enough to fill up my CRX...

I used to be able to get over 400 miles out of mine which was about £55-£60 to fill up (this was back in 2008 when Super was about 1.35 per litre). So £20 would get me approx 110-130 miles on a long run, probably under 100 if it was mostly town driving.

Measuring it in terms of mpg, my VRS used to do an average of about 34mpg, I think that's pretty amazing for a 1.8T car considering my current car (1.3 Felicia) does 38mpg.

I used to be able to get over 400 miles out of mine which was about £55-£60 to fill up (this was back in 2008 when Super was about 1.35 per litre). So £20 would get me approx 110-130 miles on a long run, probably under 100 if it was mostly town driving.

Measuring it in terms of mpg, my VRS used to do an average of about 34mpg, I think that's pretty amazing for a 1.8T car considering my current car (1.3 Felicia) does 38mpg.

I agree, a 180bhp 1.8T car giving 35mpg is pretty good. My old stodgy, dull, flat Primera 1.8 used to only return 32mpg, and felt like 80bhp!

Especially now that my VRS is remapped, if it still returns 35mpg'ish, at a claimed 212bhp*, I'll be very happy!

*yeah, I know. :)

Edited by Longyear
  • Like 1

I'm getting about 80 miles to £20 ,thats running a stage 1 map and on tesco momentum fuel ,which is 144.9 a litre :-(

Edited by hastie84

I'm getting about 80 miles to £20 ,thats running a stage 1 map and on tesco momentum fuel ,which is 144.9 a litre :-(

Dont unhappy face it mate :D

I **** my fuel away within minutes im sure

My car happily wipes his ass with £20

Fuel in

Cashier paid

"pooof"

****in gone my friend :D i laugh as hey... Whatcha gona do :D

Well mate..... If we are talking how long it lasts time wise :D

I put £30 in mine the thursday before castle coombe ( march 26th )

By the time i put more in this thread may have died lol

Unless i go and waste it lol

Hmm, i had to do some conversion as we use l/100km as a measurement. For 20quid i see about 110 miles of city and 150 miles extra-urban. I use 99+ petrol, but it seems it's cheaper here. Standard car.

p.s that sensible driving.

I get about 65 miles to £20, based on £1.36 avg price for petrol and a realistic 20mpg driving to work and back.

When I do get to put in on an a-road or motorway I can usually achieve 35-40mpg which is about 110-130 miles to £20.

I usually drive faily sensibly, but typical Yorkshire terrain and traffic tends to dictate my economy for me!

bloody Hell thought mine was just scraping on not too bad at 400 miles to a tank lol

Jesus I wish I got over 260....tops in mine I count that dam good buddy

Lucky if I get 70 miles to £20 all my journeys are short so yes it's a fuel killer

Yep + 1 on that as I am mainly short journeys

Woooo its not just me and my foot :D

Nope dude , I am hearing you :hi: