I need to be advised on SLR camera:)

Padrino

Loz, Loz, Loz... arguing about "crappy" Cannon... and you give me crap for going on about how crap iPads are...

:rofl:

dude you can't even spell it!! You're going to buy one? You'll come out with one of these :)

20070201214005_Cannon%20(Small).jpg

• Like 2

Nikon, Canon, Canon, Nikon, CaNNon. Who cares at the end of the day they both make good cameras and on occasions at a particular price point Canon will be making a better camera than Nikon but 12 to 18 months later the new Nikon will be surpassed it. And so it goes.

This small minded Nikon Canon crap is not answering the question. Most of use Canon/Nikon because at the time we got into photography that was the best entry level camera there was so you get a body and a lens or two. Once you have laid out your initial investment you are stuck with that brand unless you are in the fortunate position of being able to afford to change not only the body but also all you lenses. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, like cars these days it’s hard to buy a really, really bad one.

Rant over now down to what we should be doing, trying to help.

My first bit of advice would be decide if you really want to get into photography as a major long term hobby or are you just wanting to photograph your car, landscapes while you are on holiday or cars in the paddock at a race etc. Will you be taking your camera out specifically to take photographs for the enjoyment of taking photographs and seeing the results, or will you be using it to record where you have been, what you have seen.

If you feel it’s a genuine hobby that you will be going out specifically to take photographs then go for a DSLR it will in the long run give you more options to expand into the fields of photography you will become interested in. If you are going to be taking photographs of your car, holidays and not specifically going out to shoot photos then go down the Samsung NX200/Olympus EP- 3 route. DSLR are relatively big, heavy and a pain to walk around with all day, then you have to carry a lens or two with you, possibly a flash as well. You may well get sick of carrying it round and it could end up in the back of a draw somewhere.

As for the brand of camera go for Nikon or Canon both have a wide range of accessory’s available, lots of second hand gear out there and if you are just starting out more than adequate picture quality for you.

AND BOTH MAKE GREAT CAMERAS

Edited by harryweld

Nikon, Canon, Canon, Nikon, CaNNon. Who cares at the end of the day they both make good cameras and on occasions at a particular price point Canon will be making a better camera than Nikon but 12 to 18 months later the new Nikon will be surpassed it. And so it goes.

This small minded Nikon Canon crap is not answering the question. Most of use Canon/Nikon because at the time we got into photography that was the best entry level camera there was so you get a body and a lens or two. Once you have laid out your initial investment you are stuck with that brand unless you are in the fortunate position of being able to afford to change not only the body but also all you lenses. Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax, like cars these days it’s hard to buy a really, really bad one.

Rant over now down to what we should be doing, trying to help.

Wow, someone can't take a joke. Re-read and notice the fact we were having a laugh with one another. Small minded? I own BOTH . The very definition of open minded I think you might find.

Good god.

Edited by Loz
  • Like 1

Wow, someone can't take a joke. Re-read and notice the fact we were having a laugh with one another. Small minded? I own BOTH . The very definition of open minded I think you might find.

Good god.

You really won't do your long-term health any good getting so wound up in these photography threads, Loz

If they don't listen to good sense, it's their loss

And keep the Nikon flag flying :thumbup:

hi

two years ago i was in the same postion and just wanted a slr cheap of course i read loads about cameras looking on fleebay the works and cause i was starting up my collection it was all going to be second hand i asked loads of people and everyone had a different say then i thought sod it off ebay i brought a fujifilm s5pro it had a low shutter count and uses nikon lens brought different of lenses and memory cards the works some people on here will cringe for me buying that camera lol.

however its done me proud ive got some class phots of family and of dogs even artists ones and to start with it i cannot complain what so ever i sold the body in march on ebay when i brought my new nikon D7000 and boy i love that camera lol

what im trying to say i got a good starting collection for about 300 quid all from shopping around on ebay granted its not a top of range body but it started me off on the right foot and i wouldnt knock it and im slowly up grading my collection and like everything it aint cheap but i enjoy it lol.

Thanks for all of the great info and the friendly banter :D

Hope it helped what ever happens if you are going for a DSLR please get a Canon or Nikon otherwise you will not be able to join it the childish Nikon/Cannon crack lol. :-)

hi

two years ago i was in the same postion and just wanted a slr cheap of course i read loads about cameras looking on fleebay the works and cause i was starting up my collection it was all going to be second hand i asked loads of people and everyone had a different say then i thought sod it off ebay i brought a fujifilm s5pro it had a low shutter count and uses nikon lens brought different of lenses and memory cards the works some people on here will cringe for me buying that camera lol.

however its done me proud ive got some class phots of family and of dogs even artists ones and to start with it i cannot complain what so ever i sold the body in march on ebay when i brought my new nikon D7000 and boy i love that camera lol

what im trying to say i got a good starting collection for about 300 quid all from shopping around on ebay granted its not a top of range body but it started me off on the right foot and i wouldnt knock it and im slowly up grading my collection and like everything it aint cheap but i enjoy it lol.

D7000? Nice. I'd have one of those, and for me that's technically a downgrade haha!