Flyeye headlight tint testimonial.

The towing loop`s do actually work, but why you`d want it hanging out the wrong side I dont know. Previous users of this "flyeye" tinting film found when they took it off after a while their headlights were much brighter. Twinned with the slightly interesting taste in aesthetics & whining about the wrong reg being mentioned then putting a picture up with the real one fully on show makes this thread so full of fail it makes me :rofl:

The towing loop`s do actually work, but why you`d want it hanging out the wrong side I dont know. Previous users of this "flyeye" tinting film found when they took it off after a while their headlights were much brighter. Twinned with the slightly interesting taste in aesthetics & whining about the wrong reg being mentioned then putting a picture up with the real one fully on show makes this thread so full of fail it makes me

Why go to the effort of editing a photo when the reg has already been publicly posted.

Matt,

Those towing "straps" are only suitable for very light recovery, and in my field would never be used. We will only use ones that are rated to well above the actual weight of the vehicle. Plus leaving them exposed to everything that weather can throw at it is plain stupid.

It's a bit like the lights; all show, no go!

Matt,

Those towing "straps" are only suitable for very light recovery, and in my field would never be used. We will only use ones that are rated to well above the actual weight of the vehicle. Plus leaving them exposed to everything that weather can throw at it is plain stupid.

It's a bit like the lights; all show, no go!

I had assumed they would be up to the job, I was going to get one but hide it behind the fog light and just flap it out for track days but if they arnt much cop I'll not bother.

Matt,

You can get proper ones that are rated. I think Demon Tweeks sell them from their Motorsport site. Don't get the ones from the "bling" site as they are the decorative ones.

However be aware that even then a lot of recovery operators (track or road) still won't use them, as they prefer their own equipment!

• Like 1

Matt,

You can get proper ones that are rated. I think Demon Tweeks sell them from their Motorsport site. Don't get the ones from the "bling" site as they are the decorative ones.

However be aware that even then a lot of recovery operators (track or road) still won't use them, as they prefer their own equipment!

Worry about your own car. Not what people do to theirs.

Worry about your own car. Not what people do to theirs.

I was giving advice to Matt, as he asked the question. If you wish to ignore it then you are free to do so. And as this an open forum what is discussed is not up to you.

• Like 1

MintMyRide did mine, but in black, looked good from a distance, but then got fed up, didn't effect my beam at all. The only bad thing is, they reminded me of the Chavs using the Granmars tights...

Mint also told me there perfectly legal, but never fount out.

As has already been said, it doesnt matter what other people think, its your own car and you should do whatever you want with it.

People will think im crazy spending nearly £60 on buttons above the cd player that dont do anything (asr, esp, heated seats, airbag) but its my own car and i get to enjoy seing a row of fancy lights light up rather than just a heated rear screen.

Just take into account what other people will think of you when they see your car :thumbup:

Oh and i personally like them, but would pick a more subtle colour :moon:

Edited by hutchysrs50

I can understand you being defensive, I was only making assumptions, sorry.

At least your trying something different ;)

Edit: your probably getting more views/replies than a 300hp 4wd fabia so congrats :clap:

Edited by pieman[vrs]

' timestamp='1335991513' post='2780559']I can understand you being defensive, I was only making assumptions, sorry.

At least your trying something different

Edit: your probably getting more views/replies than a 300hp 4wd fabia so congrats

Ok maybe I should explain myself a tad more. I am very particular about the cars I drive. I do not like buying a powerful car off of a dealer and leaving it at that. Instead of a VRs I decided I wanted a fully custom car. And I like the mk1 shape. I would rather get a new powerful engine and build a more powerful car myself. I want a car different to anything else. I know that's very anal but that's just me. I do not want a run of the mill car.

What part of UK road legal and MOT passable don't you get?

I suggest you read:

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/contents/made

Especially:

Part II, 11, 18, 19, & 20

Part III, 23

I suggest you also read Section 59 of

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2002/30/contents

I suggest you read:

http://www.legislati...6/contents/made

Especially:

Part II, 11, 18, 19, & 20

Part III, 23

I suggest you also read Section 59 of

http://www.legislati...002/30/contents

Oh my god. IT DOES NOT CHANGE THE COLOUR OF THE LIGHT! It is a film with thousands of holes in it to let the light through! It does not make my headlights shine green! FROM THE HORSES MOUTH

"This product when used as recommended is completely legal on UK roads. Very light colours such as white are not recommended for rear lights or indicators, as daylight can obscure the appearance of light coming from behind the material. This effect is not noticable with other colours, and our darker kits provide an unobstructed view of brakes and indicators in any external light conditions.

If you are unsure about a particular colour, please contact us and we will be happy to provide a recommendation for your vehicle."

Now stop bombarding me with legal nonsense. If someone is annoyed that my lights are green in the daytime. Maybe they should consider how sad their life actually is.

"And the survey says........." :giggle:

Good on you to try something different, reminds me a little of the green hornet car.

I personally would not simply because it would attract attention from police, even if it is UK Legal etc etc. they may/may not know that and may just take the time to check you over because they are doing their job :), in a sense its waste of their professional time and mine.