New Badges - Available yet?

I've had he wheel badges a week or so, after finding this thread. They were in stock and came next day. The front and rear emblems are on back order with no lead time, but generally I was told 7-10 days. I got the rear emblem within that time frame.

I ordered Citigo front and rear emblems based on the "1ST" prefix. The Citigo car is listed on the current ETKA.

I'm quite dissapointed with these new badges. I have expected to see a badge like this:

skodabmp.bmp

but looks like we got this:

Rear%20Emblem%203%2005.2012.jpg

Old Skodas had similar badges and new ones in this colour combination (chrome & black) look really outdated to me.

Would change mine for a green version immediately, but never for chrome & black version.

To explain what I'm talking about - the badge on old Skoda Favorit:

fav1.jpg

• Like 1

Looks like Poland has them too (pics publicly available on FB) is the owner on here, if so cheers for pics looks good. :rock:

17052012063.jpg

17052012063.jpg

17052012057.jpg

17052012056.jpg

16052012050.jpg

16052012046.jpg

16052012049.jpg

Mine arrived yesterday , wrong ones again, someone in Poland has been putting old style badges in new and new code boxes . Ordered the citygo light switch, like an Audi but green backlit instead or red

I'm quite dissapointed with these new badges. I have expected to see a badge like this:

skodabmp.bmp

Wow those are really nice. Do they actually exist?

I'm afraid I don't like those new badges at all. Fair enough the old ones are ugly anyway but it's a "proud to be cheap and functional" kind of ugly; Stick it to the snobs

These new ones are so..........middle-class. It's like suddenly Skoda is ashamed of being Skoda and is trying to blend in with the big expensive brands....like those fake Gucci bags you get off China. :think:

Looks like a lot of people who like to customise love them though, so that leaves my opinion irrelevant :sun: ;)

Er the new models have a huge Skoda logo on the rear, so more prominent on being a Skoda . My Dad(god rest his soul) had 3 Estelles, the only new cars he could ever afford( he drove rusting 7 year old clapped out British cars before then as it was all he could afford) and lets not kid ourselves if you can afford £20,000 for a vRS Octavia , they are not targeting the same Target as my Dad back then.

Also the "New ones" are like the Favorit ones, with a modern twist

Er the new models have a huge Skoda logo on the rear, so more prominent on being a Skoda . My Dad(god rest his soul) had 3 Estelles, the only new cars he could ever afford( he drove rusting 7 year old clapped out British cars before then as it was all he could afford) and lets not kid ourselves if you can afford £20,000 for a vRS Octavia , they are not targeting the same Target as my Dad back then.

Also the "New ones" are like the Favorit ones, with a modern twist

In the same light though a 20K car will only be a 20K car until you leave the forecourt when its 7 odd years old its price is more affordable.

Yes but an Estelle was half the price of any other car back then , a new 76 car or a 5 to six year old British one, Skodas back then were bought by the working class, not now too dear new

Yes but an Estelle was half the price of any other car back then , a new 76 car or a 5 to six year old British one, Skodas back then were bought by the working class, not now too dear new

I agree although I am working class. We had a Lada Samara for many years was very....... exclusive :giggle:. Always a £600 car to last 5 years did the job well, carefully selected and well looked after wee gems. I think the big difference these days especially pre recession anyone could get silly amounts of credit and have what they wanted look at state we are in now in part as a result. Same person who may have 20 years back bought a car they could afford at time with what they scrapped together / put aside or a tiny tiny loan now its comparatively massive amounts on finance (I do not recall it being common for people to buy a new car on finance for more than their annual salary in the 80's and 90's compared to these days seems crazy in a way but thats how we have evolved it seems. Good in some ways bad in others. I have never had a job paying anything over the average salary but have worked hard to save to buy things and own them on the day not in 3 or 5 years time own something old.

EXACTLY same model and colour as this one I loved it as compared to the Riva it was well sporty and posh! :sun: It even had an air vent in roof lining for passengers in rear seats! Went in mid 90's in it from Northern Ireland to the south of France (the whole family) was a wee work horse!

autowp.ru_lada_samara_3-door_4.jpg

• Like 2

You say you are working class ,I cant afford a new one, finance or not, mind you, I will have paid £21,000 in rent for both girls at uni for 3 years :whew:

and you have a flash bike, jealous me no ! :envy:

You say you are working class ,I cant afford a new one, finance or not, mind you, I will have paid £21,000 in rent for both girls at uni for 3 years :whew:

I have no mortgage or kids and cheap rent, it did take a good few years to save (wasn't specifically for a car) I saved for my cars over the years and kept saving more then upgrading will unlikely ever buy a brand new one again I got my chance (by chance) and thought id like to have one at least once in my life. Selling my bike soon now before im out of work and hunting for a new job, fun fun fun I didn't see that one coming nice to see they are advertising for staff on new improved worse contracts to replace me already though.....

Anyone know if they do the new badge in mk1 octy size 80 mm I think?

I don't know if it would look right on a Mk1 personally, would be interested to see one if anyone knows how to do photoshop.

and you have a flash bike, jealous me no ! :envy:

I love my bike, its killing me thinking of selling it and tbh it makes the car feel very uninspiring or involving to drive especially when it has more bhp than the car which is remapped :( . That said I would not have bought it if I was still in the UK I would have my gixxer still and have been more than content but when this contract is cut would cost a fortune to move it back home etc and be a lot of hassle. Good time now to look at selling for prices, if your interested in one let me know it has real pedigree and is in out standing condition with just under 10K on it at mo im gutted.

Think it would on a black one, been searching for a Favorit with them on without luck at the moment :(

I can see it working on black actually. Looked good on the Octy II pics I posted earlier.

:o

I think I would do the boot/bonnet, but not the wheels, get some pictures up asap!? :yes:

Having looked at the badges I'm not sure they'll be an improvement on the boot/bonnet but think they look nice as wheel badges. Personally I'd probably do it the other way round (although theyd obviously be less noticeable on the wheels)