A 170 for 18k

The Plumber

Seems a little high, but nice to know that they (170's) are holding their price :)

P.s. wouldn't want a Pathfinder if you paid me to drive it....

Agreed a more realistic price for age and mileage, however compared to other Yeti's of a comparable age but with a 140 motor (advertised on the site), it looks a reasonable price.

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=602460518

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=602454460

Oh and here's another 170 same age but the dealer is asking 2.5k more;

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/carview.aspx?id=602430288

Admittedly these might be stuck on the forecourt for ever but the respective dealers must have some confidence that they may get that sort of money for it :wonder:

TP

The advertized price tend to be somewhat misleading, as the dealer expects to have to negotiate pricing for both the vehicle for sale and also the trade-in (if any). There is obviously a lof if wriggleroom in pricing, as in a clean deal with no trade-in, you might expect to knock-off 10% - and in a finaced deal, where the dealer also profits from the financing, even more.

Best way to check on the real pricing would be to get a wholesale price from your insurance company. Alternatively a detailed lease bid, where the lease company's cost in disclosed.

Up until the point that we ordered our 140 4x4 Elegance - I was checking the prices for low mileage late models with a similar spec.

I even came across a couple that were dearer than retail book price.

I called one seller, it was an ex demo of course and when I told him that it cost more than a new one, he was quite open and said that he would have no problem selling it.

One thing that does confuse me is the situation regarding VAT on used cars. An Ex demonstrator with 6k miles on the clock is used (isnt it?) and therefore should not have VAT payable, which makes it even more expensive.

Edited by vegit8

Hmmm, not sure what response this will get, but...

I've just picked up my Beast. A 10 plate Elegance 110 CR in (as it turns out) Black Magic Metallic), 1 owner from new, for £15,785 and 27,000 miles on the clock. I got it for £15,500, IMO I felt like that was a bargain as I've not been able to find anything like that for that price.

But, I'm open to what others think.

Oh, and I do ABSOLUTELY love it!

Nahuna

Edited by Nahuna