1.9D pickup engine swap.

HI am looking for help with my 1.9D Pickup,Looking for a bit more go from the old girl,

Its a 1998 Pick up with a mk2 Felicia front end,including Bonnet wings Doors Bumper,Slam panel...

What would be the easiest route to go down,?

What can i do to the existing lump for more power

Would a petrol engine 1.3-1.6 be a straight forward swap

What is entailed in putting a Fabia VRS engine in??

Any help or info on any of the questions above would be greatly appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...

Question..

This may seem straight forward for those of you who know....Sorry

Are the (aef)1.9D & (aee)1.6P, engines the same mounting points

I have a 98 Pickup 1.9D Looking at possibly the 1.6petrol engine,Is this a straight engine/Gearbox/ loom swap. :wonder:

The swop to a petrol involves engine, intermediate plate, flywheel, clutch,(or engine/gearbox complete), petrol engine mount, loom, ecu,pump, immo resetting, front pipe, to end up with 75 bhp.

To turbo the aef I used the manifold and turbo from a 1z tdi then modified it`s down pipe, used the 1z oil feed and welded a return pipe to the sump, the 1z inlet fouls the bonnet so you need to chop and weld it or cut a hole and make a bulge. Then fit a td pump. And a better clutch.

Nothing simple available

You might want to read `starting a tdi conversion` its in this section, or the 16v conversion, then there`s the 20v which is something else.

Edited by rolo

The AEF is Normally Aspirated. They never made a turbo version.

The closest relative is the AAZ 1.9 TD fitted to Golfs, Passats etc.

You can swap all of the parts over but tbh just to get the Bosch pump on, you need to change the mount bracket and then all the associated parts.

You'll need pump, brackets, turbo, exhaust manifold, turbo feed and return (into sump or block, AAZ goes into the block) exhaust pipe, intercooler (if you're going to do all of this, it's fairly pointless without getting the most from it) etc.

You might be better looking for an AAZ engine complete and fitting that.

You'll need a stronger clutch and I'd change the oil in the gearbox while you're at it as they're not that strong and need every bit of help that they can get.

MG

Why changing the pump? Friend of mine did the turbo and didnt use the pump.. i can take pics if you want.. and i have to agree... You got to change the clutch as it shat itself after a few months

• 4 months later...