Thinking About Replacing Powerflex Dogbone Mount

I bought my vRS back in December and it needed new drop links and arb bushes replacing so I had these done straight away, at the same time I had a new yellow powerflex dogbone mount fitted that came with the car. Now I know that these do produce more vibration through the car and that they should settle down after a few thousand miles but mine really hasn't. Its actually spoiling my enjoyment of the car now. It even got to the point were my daughter was sick in the car due to vibration when stuck in traffic and at idle. So I'm after peoples opinons on where to go next? The options I see are as below:

Powerflex diesel purple bush

Superpro blue

standard oem

All opinions are welcome.

Cheers

H

Might be worth checking its fitted right 1st

Also checkout the engine mounts - these might be worn

Superpro blue would be better bet for a road car than yellow.

The THS mounting kit could be worth consideration.

If you're sure its the dogbone, ands nothing wrong it, replace it with a THS dogbone and sell-on the yellow-ed one you've got fitted.

I'm going to be fitting my coilovers on Sat so will have a look at it the while I have the car in the air. In what way can it be fitted incorrectly? Does any one know the torque settings for the bolts etc?

Ok so back standard it looks like then. Now I've just had al look on ebay and there are a few complete dogbone mounts for sale. Would it be a false economy to buy a cheapish one or should I stick to oem?

I got a yellow PF rear one and it settled down after about 1k

Just had the Superpro front bit fitted, and it was harsh but after 350 miles i have noticed getting better already, by the 1k mark it should be happy.

Strange yours hasn't settled though, as said check the engine mounts, as this made now end of difference to the general noises of the car when I changed them a few weeks back, engine side had detached itself inside the mount

Cheers for the info, I've just had a look at the engine mounts with my fitter at work and there doesn't seem to be real excessive play or movement so I may just go back to standard dog bone and see how it goes from there for the minute as I've got lots still to do and the list seems to be growing lol.

those of you who got vibrations and harshness after fitting PF dogbones....are you sure you have install them correctly?have you clean the mount and put the grease before putting the poly bush

this has been talked over so many times on the forum, powerflex seem to be firmer/vibrate more than the superpro bushes, so if you want the upgrade without the harshness change from powerflex to superpro.

I got a yellow PF rear one and it settled down after about 1k

Just had the Superpro front bit fitted, and it was harsh but after 350 miles i have noticed getting better already, by the 1k mark it should be happy.

Strange yours hasn't settled though, as said check the engine mounts, as this made now end of difference to the general noises of the car when I changed them a few weeks back, engine side had detached itself inside the mount

350 already?!? I only sent it a few days ago :)

the powerflex as a different durometer rating (i think thats the term) to the superpro.

i adjusted my idle through vag.com to stop the car vibrating at the wrong frequency on ticover, made quie a difference to the idle noise in the cabin by a minute adjustment of the engine idle.

I bought my vRS back in December and it needed new drop links and arb bushes replacing so I had these done straight away, at the same time I had a new yellow powerflex dogbone mount fitted that came with the car. Now I know that these do produce more vibration through the car and that they should settle down after a few thousand miles but mine really hasn't. Its actually spoiling my enjoyment of the car now. It even got to the point were my daughter was sick in the car due to vibration when stuck in traffic and at idle. So I'm after peoples opinons on where to go next? The options I see are as below:

Powerflex diesel purple bush

Superpro blue

standard oem

All opinions are welcome.

Cheers

H

I have Powerflex ,the red one....0 vibrations from the first mile

I had the SuperPro blue in my old Octavia and initially it was a bit harsh but after 300 or so miles I didn't notice it. The main thing was that SWMBO didn't notice any change at all so it can't have been that bad.

its got to be tightened just right, but not overtightened otherwise it will vibrate, so its worth checking tightness!