What's you best range on maxidot?

Big Rich

The range in the photo below got me thinking. Is it actually possible to achieve this sort of range in the real world? I doubt it to be honest. The best I've managed is circa 550 miles to a tank

Tank was filled, trip reset and then driven north to Scotland. So according to the maxidot and trip my yeti can do 753.3 miles to a tank.

So my question is what is the highest you have seen on the maxidot and what has been you best miles per tank?

post-63226-0-11674500-1337703180_thumb.jpg

You have to give some thought to how the range indicator works. It predicts how far you will travel on the fuel remaining in your tank if your current average consumption is maintained. Thus if you are cruising along in top gear at 50 mph on a level road with no wind blowing in your face you might well get a very high prediction indeed. However, unless you know of a place where there's 700 miles of straight, level road you're not actually going to achieve that figure. As you switch onto different roads, and as your average consumption changes, so will the prediction. I've sometimes filled up with fuel and seen a predicted range of (say) 450 miles because that's what was likely given my average consumption just before I refuelled. Five minutes/five miles later, now driving more economically, that prediction might rise to 550 miles, or might fall to 400 (despite the fact I've not travelled 50 miles) if I'm wellying it. The indicator is not intended to be precise, but to give you some approximate idea. Similar devices on my previous VAG cars, and on a Volvo, have behaved in exactly the same way.

Most I've seen on my display? 695 miles. Most I've achieved? No idea - I'm not the kind of anorak who measures exactly what he got from each tankful, and I rarely run to nearly empty anyway.

Prove it, punk!! :giggle:

Next time I can be *rsed to look and get the camera out ... could be a long wait.

Most I've seen was about 670 I think. Most I've achieved was 620ish. Usually fill up when the range hits zero but use my own judgement - I know I can regularly get 600ish miles from a tank and only put in about 54-56 litres. Tempting one day to taked a little tank with me and drive until dry...

It does vary a lot depending on your driving - I'm easily amused so when I do a trip and the range at the end is higher than the range at the beginning I'm a happy man.

Mine said 660 after the last fill up. It's going to deliver about 560 in reality. Which isn't bad at all! The (fibbing) maxidot showed 57.6 MPG on my journey to work this morning, which was very good, but as result of being stuck at about 60 mph on the M40 most of the way...

Is the Shell Fuel Saver diesel as rubbish in the new CR engines as it is in the old PD ones? I got lower MPG when I used it in my vRS Fabia than normal juice. Which wasn't exactly what was advertised...

On average I have to fill up around the 400 mark.

As somebody mentioned depends on the topography of the roads you drive.

It works out the range based on the last 50 miles driven.

I have seen a range of over 600 miles, but that is rare and only on long journeys.

The range regularly predicts around the 500+ mark, but never managed or risked leaving it that long before filling up!

This last tankful has been binging at me since about 360 miles. Up to about 400 now with a range of about 30 or less miles.

I do fill the tank when it gets to reserve, or 400 if I can persuade it to :lol:

This is one of the worst tankfuls for a while and it is regular Fuelsave and not my normal V-Power, as the garage didn't have V-Power.

There are a lots of albeit fairly short but steep hills where I live, close to the north downs, which badly affects fuel economy as does driving around my patch. (South London).

At over 800 miles, looks like Land's End to John o' Groats on one tankful is not possible in a Yeti.

Now there's a challenge. Maybe if I take out the back seats and drive at 40mph.........

6d9d9767-a40f-e79f.jpg

I filled up today

I reset trip 2 with every tank of fuel

I only managed to squeeze in 52.6 litres. I have never managed to get anywhere near 60 litres even with a range of zero.

The range when I filled up today was 15 miles.

Wot...again???? :think:

The above was the best range...........around South London.......hehehe

Yeah -don't take a lot, Rox, does it?!?!

BUT - heck, that ain't bad for chuggin' round the old smoke now is it?

And if you chugged even more chuggierly than normal, with no heavy HopRokkin' right boot, I betcha you could get to welsh rural values too without too much rufflin' of the Sahff Croydon Lox!!

Well refering to my first post, after travelling from shropshire, to Glsgow to Edinburgh and back home to shropshire on one tank, which included lots of stop start traffic in both Galsgow and Edinburgh. I managed to achieve 603 miles with 65 left in the tank

This was sitting at a steady 65mph (Satnav speed) on the Motorways.

Not bad, If I hadn't been in the city centers i recogn i could have got a lot more miles out fo the tank. I'd recogn on an eco run on the motorway you could easily top 750 and I think it would be almost possible to do london to edinburgh and back on one tank.

post-63226-0-58444200-1337963939_thumb.jpg

But you do have the Greenline.......

That does like 15+ mpg according to the book more than mine :lol: so hardly surprising you can get such good figures. No comparison.

What are other Greenline's getting?

I have seen over 750 range after a gentle 50 mile or so cruise along speed managed motorways and A roads, congested but flowing at 45 to 50. I filled up immediately on arriving at the destination, and I seem to recall saw an average on the maxidot of about 62mpg for the trip.

Doesn't mean anythiong in the real world though as I only seem to get about 450 to 500 between fill ups and there is usually not much left in the tank when I do fill up, 30 to 50 miies typically.