Fabia VCDS options

I am looking to change a few things on the car via VCDS in the next few days (with the help of Trundlenut and his cable), primarily to enable the steering wheel controls for bluetooth but also to remove the double tap to unlock all doors and add an alarm chirp when the car locks (which I believe is possible from the various threads on the forum). I believe that there are fewer options which can be changed on the Fabia than the Octy but cannot find a decent list of possibilities.

Can anyone advise on what can be done and if there is a specific code for it or if there is a definitive list somewhere.

Thanks

I've just done my chirp and all doors on one click last weekend.

Fairly easy check out the info in the vcds section

Just did the same on me mates Leon fr yesterday.

Things I have carried out on a MKII Fabia

• Enable BIG mph display on Maxidot in place of km/h

• Enable Teardrop wipe

• Anti Hijack and auto unlock on key removal

• Enable/Disable Emergency braking indicator flash

• Defeat factory EQ on stereo

• Dis/Enable bluetooth connection Beep

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

• Enable BIG mph display on Maxidot in place of kmh

Hi,

are these two options something the dealer can do easily?

Thanks

• Anti Hijack and auto unlock on key removal

Is this not pointless on the MkII seeing as the handles only require one pull to open the door? (unlike the MkI that required two pulls if the door was locked)

Think we need a definitive how to on what options are available , i'm going to have a play today with mine

• Like 1

Johnny, I did a (60 plate) MKII Fabia vRS today and although the car took the Australia code OK, I could not see anywhere in the Maxidot where to disable the Alt.Speed.Disp. - any ideas? does the Fabia have FULL maxidot like the other models? as this one looked like it would only display the usual MFD information.

• Like 1

Same here my Fabia doesn't have a menu like my Superb , managed to change to the Aus spec easy enough but couldn't find alt speed and the car wouldn't accept a change from litres to uk gallons

Johnny, I did a (60 plate) MKII Fabia vRS today and although the car took the Australia code OK, I could not see anywhere in the Maxidot where to disable the Alt.Speed.Disp. - any ideas? does the Fabia have FULL maxidot like the other models? as this one looked like it would only display the usual MFD information.

Strange. IIRC The one I worked on was a Monte Carlo can't remember what plate it was on, with full maxidot.

• Enable Teardrop wipe

Couple of questions:

Can you swap the big mph display for the small one under the MPG?

Is the teardrop wipe the secondary wipe after washing the windscreen?

How hard do you need to brake to make the indicators flash?

Couple of questions:

Can you swap the big mph display for the small one under the MPG? Yes just tick the Alt.Speed.Disp box - providing you have more than 1 menu in the maxidot, see my comment above, this will be a small KPH display though not small a MPH display.

Is the teardrop wipe the secondary wipe after washing the windscreen? Yes

How hard do you need to brake to make the indicators flash? Very, the ABS has to cut in

Emergency Braking, along with the Hazard lights. Both on together

I stand to be corrected as I have not seen them in action, but I was under the impression you could only have one or the other? If both are activated then only the hazards would flash?

I stand to be corrected as I have not seen them in action, but I was under the impression you could only have one or the other? If both are activated then only the hazards would flash?

I had Mine activated by Mike Holryod, it's on an Octavia FL DSG Vrs and both boxes Hazard/brake light flash was ticked so I assume that both work. I would imagine that on the Fabia Vrs it would be the same. The Maxi Dot on the Fabia is rather limited to what you can do compared to the Octavia. Intresting thought though and would be intrested in the answer.

• Like 1

If I hit the brake-pedal HARD from about 62 mph (100 km/h) then I get the flashing brake-lights.

If I manage to come to a full stop, the brakelights become static and the hazards comes on.

As soon as I release the brakes and starts rolling, the hazards turns off :).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...