New Yeti.....

James I

Sorry, but nothing new there.

Those "pictures", which are nothing more a photoshop exercise, have been floating around for a while. I think we worked out that the light silver "thing" was actually a photo of a Tiggywinkle with a generic Skoda front tacked on it. I presume that is supposed to be the Snowman?

The Yeti one is definately a very old idea. I think we saw the mash-up over 6 months ago.

Those are the same headlights we have now. But easy to change the whole bonnet when it gets the new squarer badge etc AND fit new style squarer headlights. Well know come the autumn.

Never mind the bumpers and the lights, I can't see them selling many with that paint job. And I know emissions are a current topic but to have to stick that "test fart, danke" notice on the back seems unnecessary to me.

• Like 2

and longer with a greater overhang - so creating larger boot space?

There is no difference in the bodywork or wheelbase George, just a few "trim" changes.

Why has this forum gone all little??

Why has this forum gone all little??

It's a warning from the moderators, too much small talk going on.

• Like 1

Why would release be 'late 2013'? That wouldn't seem to fit in with the usual Skoda schedule for the new MY's would it? So the MY2013 Yeti would carry on being produced until late 2013 and then a switch to the FL version? Of course it's totally up to Skoda as to when they choose to timetable an update, but just seems to be outside the normal pattern.

Skoda in recent times appears to facelift or introduce new models in the first half of the year e.g. the Citygo. Last facelift I can remember that came late in the year was the Octy I in 2000. Mind they are talking of an end of year launch of the new Rapid.

The Yeti has been in production now three years as of this week, which is about how long they took to update the Fabia II, again though that cars looks was not well received in the first place, so was in need of a sharper appearance.

Got a feeling the MY13 will continue the current look despite the obvious testing of a modified design; maybe arrive in the new year.

TP

I like the 'Bodicea' style wheels :giggle: Don't think they'll put them as an option though!!

They're the hubmounts for the snow claws / Michelin Easy Grip type snow chains, which are very quick and easy to then mount/dismount. There's snow in the background to the piccies. :rock:

Presume the Superb will get facelifted before the Yeti as it came out first, but both seem imminent. My guess:

Paris Motorshow 2012: Rapid, Superb facelift

Geneva Motorshow 2013: Octavia 3, Yeti facelift

Rapid and Octavia 3 will both be presented before those motorshows, but those will be their motorshow debuts... so Skoda will want something new to show at both those shows too I guess?

Wonder what VW tech updates VAG will allow in the 2014 Yeti?

"MDI, Sir? You'll need to upgrade to a VW Tiguan for that!"

"1.4TSI with cylinder deactivation? That would be the Q3 Sir"

"No sir, ESP is not needed on Skodas which is why it remains an option"

etc etc

Wonder what VW tech updates VAG will allow in the 2014 Yeti?

"MDI, Sir? You'll need to upgrade to a VW Tiguan for that!"

"1.4TSI with cylinder deactivation? That would be the Q3 Sir"

"No sir, ESP is not needed on Skodas which is why it remains an option"

etc etc

MDI is already available on the Yeti, just not in the UK.

Guessing/hoping it might get the new more efficient 1.8TSI engine and hopefully the 1.4TSI with cylinder de-activation as the Yeti could do with a more powerful petrol engine with better efficiency.

Mm, the Mission L face looks good in the artist impression pics I've seen, but the white car with the disguised front & rear in the above links looks as though it might have a slightly longer wheel base & the rear suspension geometry is different- there's significant negative camber & it's a lot lower. Is it just the weight of all the test gear in the back or is this a test mule running on the new VAG MQB platform?

Mm, the Mission L face looks good in the artist impression pics I've seen, but the white car with the disguised front & rear in the above links looks as though it might have a slightly longer wheel base & the rear suspension geometry is different- there's significant negative camber & it's a lot lower. Is it just the weight of all the test gear in the back or is this a test mule running on the new VAG MQB platform?

Look closely and the test car has two rear 'passengers'; well dummy's anyway, oh and their wearing seat belts :giggle:

Test kit appears to be in the front next to the driver.

TP

• 2 weeks later...

I've been over these faclift spy pics with a fine tooth comb. Unless I'm missing something, I can't see any 'design' changes at all. Yes, there's camo, but there's no physical changes underneath that (or am I missing something?). As far as I can see, this is an engineering mule, the water ballast in the rear, the sensors on the wheels and computer in the cabin would say to me that this is either testing a new drive train, or is undergoing suspension testing. I guess the camo stuff could be a way of generating interest in euro magazines.

I guess the camo stuff could be a way of generating interest in euro magazines.

You've hit the nail on the head. That is just a current Yeti with camo on... bar perhaps a bigger lower grille some people manage to spot (yet I can't). The real deal will start testing at some point I'm sure.